Timed Comments Not working

Since the update with the subtitles, my timed comments have disappeared. I tried 3 different browsers and it’s still not working

6 Likes

Yes! At first, I thought it was an issue on my end or even that the drama I was watching didn’t have many comments, but then I tried with a drama that I knew had a lot of comments, and it was the same thing.

1 Like

I am watching a drama and it seems that because of the new way of playing the drama and subtitles, all of the timed comments have been erased.

2 Likes

So just finished episode 12 of the drama I was watching. No comments but the next episode had all of the comments so maybe the glitch is fixed?

2 Likes

Not fixed as of 8:30PM in the US central time. I’d started rewatching episode 1 of Kokdu which didn’t have the Timed Comments showing last night, and the TCs WERE there but everything else was glitching so I logged out and back in and now the TCs are gone again. I really wish everything on Viki was working all at the same time!!!

2 Likes

Yea lol went back after I commented and the timed comments disappeared again. Not sure why they showed when I first started. Oh well.

1 Like

LOL Frustrating as h***. They’re back again. Maybe if I hold my breath and not click a darn thing it’ll stay put. LOL

Still not there for me. Tried 3 different shows. Made sure they were shows I know have comments. Made sure the comments were on. Sigh

1 Like

Ooh the next episode had them!

1 Like

One of the episodes of the drama I was watching had them, but the next episode they were gone again.

1 Like

same here. i am also having problems with the subtitles coming up. have checked other sites i use and they are all fine. contacted viki, but no reply as off yet. been 2 days

1 Like

Okay, glad to know I’m not the only one. I thought it was something wrong with my laptop so I kept rebuffing and closing out everything to see if it would finally work to no avail. Then I noticed the subtitles also looked different.

Update:

So the time comments reappeared at the start of the next episode of the drama I was watching. However, my laptop keyboard controls (back/forward skip buttons and volume buttons) weren’t working. If I wanted to skip forward or backwards, I had to use the onscreen controls within Viki to do so. So I refreshed the page and the keyboard controls were back working. However the timed comments had disappeared again. So it appears we can either have timed comments but without the use of keyboard controls (for those using laptops), or have use of the keyboard controls but without the timed comments. This must be some glitch due to the latest Viki update. Now that they are aware of it, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Having this issue as well

1 Like

I have this too, it changes from episode to episode which I get, the TC or keyboard controls. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

For PC browser users.
Follow the steps below.

Step 1 - Go to any show you wish to watch and select any episode.

Step 2 - Once the episode starts playing, click on the ‘next episode button’ on the bottom left next to the play button. This is the most important step.

Step 3 - A viki logo animation will appear before the episode starts(This is what you want to see) You should be seeing timed comments, if not, make sure you have timed comments activated.

Step 4 - IMPORTANT. You now have to select the episodes you wish to watch from the episodes button on the bottom right of the player next to the settings/gear icon.

enjoy

This also fixes arrow keys for skipping forward or backwards on the keyboard.

3 Likes

Yes, I figured out this fix. However, my laptop keyboard controls (back/forward skip buttons, pause, and volume buttons) don’t work with the time comments showing. I tried it multiple times but it only works if the time comments aren’t there. Not what happened with the latest Viki update or if there’s now a compatibility issue with the new update and Chromebooks.