Top Edits I’ve Made This Week (or Day) – The Game
AKA: Funny Presubs We’ve Encountered (and how we edited them)
I know there has been a lot of discussion lately about presubs and I read kakashiandme’s comment about making it a game so I decided to do just that.
This is meant to be just a fun way to share the shows we’ve been working on and to perhaps give everyone a better understanding of the conditions of the presubs and why editing is so important.
Here are some of my top 3 edits I’ve made recently:
- Faithful (historical)
Presub: My Lady, I’m only here for some chit-chat.
Edit: Second Lady, I only came to share this amusing story.
– The use of informal words in historical/fantasy dramas have become increasing prevalent with presubs and I found this one particularly funny.
- Exclusive Fairytale (rom-com)
- I’m on my period
- Why are they coming again?
- My relatives have arrived.
(T/N: euphemism for period)
- Why are they here again?
- Lost You Forever (fantasy/xianxia)
Presub: You don’t need to be so formal.
Edit: Sister-in-law, you don’t need to be so formal.
– In this particular scene, without spoilers, another character freezes up when hearing this line. The reaction to the line is specifically because of the word “Sister-in-law.” However, the presub has omitted it to fit conversational English. Without this simple word, the viewer loses the reason for a character’s actions which is really a shame if it were unedited.
You don’t have to follow my format or provide explanations. I just thought I’d add some context and commentary. Have fun! And I look forward to reading everyone’s contributions!