أسلوبك في ترجمة المسلسلات الكورية

السلام عليكم

ترجمة هذه الكلمات لا زالت معضلة بالنسبة لي
لم أقم بإدارة الكثير من المشاريع بعد لذلك لم أثبت طريقة لنفسي بعد لترجمتهم

في بعض المواقع وبعض المترجمين يقومون بتبديلها باسم المعني بها

البعض يقوم بتبديلها بما يقابلها بلغتنا، ولكن يكون أحيانا الأمر مبهما حيث أوبا مثلا قد تستخدم للأخ و الحبيب والقريب وأحيانا كثيرة لا تتجلى صفة الشخص من أول الحلقات أو قد تتغير صفته في وقت ما

أما البعض الآخر فيقوم بكتابتها كما هي ربما ترسيخا للثقافة الكورية

في حال كنت مجرد مترجمة ومحررة فاني التزم باسلوب المديرة، ولكن إذا كانت إدارة المشروع تقع على عاتقي أجد الأمر محيرا بعض الشيء

فما هو أسلوبكم في هذا الأمر؟

For Korean dramas, I use those terms as they are. The first time it appears in the drama I put an explanation in a note. After that, I expect people to remember. After watching 3-4 dramas, they will remember.

(As a viewer, in Chinese dramas, seeing “ge” etc. seems a bit strange to me, so it means that I am not used to it yet?)
But things like “auntie” for our mothers’ friends and “grandma” for very old people are used in all cultures - I don’t know about yours.

1 Like

مرحباً
(أنا لستُ خبيرة أبداً في الترجمة ولكن النسبة لي كمشاهدة، يزعجني كثيراً أن أقرأ ترجمة فيها (أوبا أو أوني
وأفضل ترجمتها أخي الأكبر أو أختي الكبرى
في اللغة الفرنسية ألاحظ أن الكثير من المترجمين يضعون اسم الشخص بدلا عن هذا التعبير

1 Like

Yes in our culture we used these terms too often, my daughter call my friend as auntie very normally! And it is used for every old lady.

In the project I did before, I put an explanation note when it said the first time, then I replace it with what it meant in Arabic. But as I find calling a lover “brother” is disturbing - in our culture this is forbidden and not acceptable and I think thats is the way in the whole world- so I use several terms, ( brother if he is a real one, lover if they are in a relationship, dear if he is just a close friend or relative or I didn’t find out yet there relationship ) but in some dramas they played it as a confusing factor so then it become confusing again to how play it in translation!

Ans how about “tchawaio =like” like is different than love, it confuse me her to! I like strawberry we as Arab say I love strawberry we can’t use the term like for it but for a person it could be used with some twist " أنا معجب بك ", so sometimes I just be confuse to use “أحبك” or “معجب بك”.

مرحبًا يا رندا … سررت بردك هنا

أنا كذلك أميل لفعل ذلك حتى الآن، أجد أن ذلك أكثر اتساقًا مع مفهوم الترجمة

لكن كما نبهني الأخ حسام من قبل أن لا أستخدم الأكبر أو الكبرى وأستبدلها بالكبير والكبيرة… ووجدت أن فكرته منطقية وأقنعني بذلك … حيث الكبرى والأكبر تعني أن لا أحد أكبر منه وهو شيء لسنا متأكدين منه … ولكن يمكننا استخدامهم في حال كنا نعرف انهم فعلًا الأكبر

2 Likes

شخصياً، أنا أفضل ترجمة اسم الشخص ووضع ملحوظة بين قوسين مثلاً أنهم حرفياً قالوا “أوبا” وهو لقب تنادي به الفتيات الأخ ، الحبيب أو القريب الأكبر سناً، وهذا حتى يثق المشاهد في ترجمتنا كونه سمع كلمة مختلفة تماماً عن الاسم المترجم
ولكني إذا كنت متأكدة من صلة القرابة فأنا أترجمه بحبيبي أو أخي وهكذا

1 Like

بالنسبة لأكبر أو كبير، أريد أن أفهم أكثر
هناك لقبان
hyung & hyungnim
أنا أترجم الأول بأخي الكبير والثاني بأخي الأكبر
أخي الأكبر هذه في العادة يستخدونها مع زعيم عصابة أو للتفخيم من الشخص لذا لا افهم مسألة أن لا أحد أكبر منه، فهناك بالتأكيد من هو أكبر سناً منه ولكن هذا الشخص هو الأكبر بحكم منصبه أو سلطته عليهم
رجاءً اشرحي لي أكثر

1 Like

للأمانة… هذه أول مرّة ألاحظ فيها الفرق بينهما … حسب ما أفهم أن
nim
تضاف لتثبيت الاحترام ولكن قد يكون مثلما قلتِ

مسألة الكبرى والكبيرة … واجهتها عند ترجمة مسلسل
love is for suckers
حيث كنت أستخدم كلمة زميلتي الكبرى

قد يكون الأكبر والكبير استخدامهم الأمثل والمبرر مع
" nim "

خارج النص …
أنهيت مسلسل
Gaus
أخيرًا … كنت أتمنى لو تتاح الفرصة لكِ لتحريره!

صراحة أنا صادفت أخي الكبير والأكبر كما ذكرت من قبل بين رجال العصابات أو للتفخيم من شخصٍ أعلى سلطة
لم أصادفها بنفس القدر في أختي، في الغالب أترجمها بأختي الكبيرة
بالنسبة للزملاء، أفضل الزميل الأقدم أو المبتدىء فقط لأوضح أن هذا الشخص أكثر خبرة في العمل أو لا يزال جديداً

بوجهٍ عام ، هناك هذا التعبير
lost in translation
وهو يعني ببساطة أنه لا يمكننا ترجمة كل شيء بالكامل، هناك ما سيضيع منا ولكن لنبذل قصارى جهدنا لنوضح للمشاهد ثقافة وعادات الآخرين بقدر ما نستطيع

2 Likes

That’s very confusing for everyone except East Asians!
Their “like” is much nearer to “love” than in all the rest of the world.
If I, as a European person, say “I like” a person, it’s either I like them as a friend or colleague, or if it is (potential) a romantic partner, it’s a rather shallow feeling, something you feel at the start of a relationship, which may or may not develop into something deeper, i.e. love.
But in Korean, Chinese and Japanese, saying “I like you” is a love confession to be taken seriously, because it expresses deep feelings. I’ve heard, in a Korean drama: “I like you. Will you marry me?”
They reserve the verb “love” for very serious and passionate things.
So there is a sort of discrepancy in the levels it expresses.
In Italian we fortunately have three, not two, ways of expressing this thing.
We have “mi piaci” (I like you), also used for objects, foods and hobbies, which for another person means a very shallow feeling, mostly liking this person’s appearance and general personality, nothing much. Just enough to want to hang out with the person, maybe make out or have sex, but no further. You would never say “mi piaci” and then make a marriage proposal. Never!
Then we have “ti voglio bene”, which can be used for lovers, for friends and for family (that’s what you say to your kid). In the south of Italy it is equivalent to “I love you” even in a romantic way (as documented by famous Neapolitan songs), but in the North of the country they don’t use it for passionate love.
And then of course we have “ti amo”, I love you, which is never used for objects, foods, friends or family (unlike English, where you can “love” strawberries: in Italian using the verb “amare” for this would be ridiculous).

That’s the editor’s curse, my friend. Your choices are not always clear cut and sometimes there’s not a clear rule either, that each time you find X word you translate with Y. One needs to make decisions based on context, sometimes on feeling. Something “feels more right”

CHART:

Chinese:
wǒ xǐhuan nǐ / wǒ (hěn) xǐhuān nǐ! = I like you
Wǒ ài nǐ = I love you

Japanese:
Suki/Sukì desu/Sukì Da = I like you (different levels of formality)
Aishiteru = I love you [How often have you heard this one in dramas? Maybe never]

Korean:
joahae/joahaeyo/joahamnida = I like you (casual/polite/formal speech)
sarang hae/sarang haeyo/ sarang hamnida = I love you (casual/polite/formal speech)

Here is the take of a Chinese person from Quora:

I have a feeling that it is more natural to say “I like you”, instead of “I love you”, in a face to face situation… After all, hearing someone say “I love you” is a little bit “shocking”…
In Mandarin, we would say “I like you very much” to mean “love”. To say 我爱你 “I love you” is way too ardent and borders on the flippant…writing it down in a card is acceptable though.
There is a cultural difference between the English meaning of “like” and “love”, comparing to the Chinese ones.
In a lot of asian cultures, including the Chinese, “love” is more literary in describing great, undying love like a mother’s love towards her children, our love and appreciation towards Mother Earth, the great love between the star-crossed lovers in history…etc; it is not used in oral expression to express your fondness towards another person. “like” or “喜欢”, in this scenario is more appropriate.
However, due to the western influence, “love” is gaining popularity, and is now often used in cards, literary pieces, or novels. Still, it is not used in a face to face situation, it’s too… intimidating, almost scary.
It’s kind of like telling the other person that you are ready to marry him/her and spend the rest of ETERNITY with him/her, on the first attemp to tell him/her how you feel about the person. It puts the person on the spot, and forces them to run like hell and perhaps avoid you like disease in the future.
Not recommended. :slight_smile:

3 Likes