Transcribing hard-coded English subs

If anyone needs any hard-coded English subs transcribed, I’m very happy to help. I can touch type at a comfortable speed and I anticipate that I can complete a movie in a day or two.

Please message me if you want a hand.

Regards,
Manganese

3 Likes

Hi @manganese,
I see you posted in the other thread, haa-ha! I was just going to link you on it too, for Anyone Interested In Transcribing Older K-Dramas? This thread you opened, allows for volunteering on any country’s production. :wink::+1:t5: Awesome!

2 Likes

Thank you leerla. I appreciate your help :heart: I haven’t experimented must with too much with links.

1 Like

No problem there, have you done the tutorial via discourse?

1 Like

No. Until your post, I had no idea about discourse and tutorials. Thank you :bouquet: :slight_smile: I’ll hunt it down.

2 Likes

First check your PM’s, You should find a link like this https://meta.discourse.org/t/welcome-to-meta-discourse-org/1 inviting you to go throught a tutorial, or something similar. This is when you joined Discussions last year. You’ll find it’s mostly stuff you already know, but it’ll give you a refresher, and intro to functions. Only complete the course in your PM :wink::ok_hand:t5: Have fun! Quite a lot of us fans went loony in the other thread about badges. A sort of discovery happened in that loonines, and we’ve branched out all over discussions hunting, doing incognito 🥸 investigating, wielding badges, kind of your friendly, serious neighborhood watching, :point_up:t5: annnd! Keeping an eye out for any golden goose egg of an opportunity for breaking into the drama production business.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You don’t need to hunt for it! Just scroll down your private messages, there should be one with discobot titled “Greetings!”. Follow the instructions to do the tutorial!^^

PS: I can also help with transcribing^^ I have a typing speed of 55-57 WPM with near-accuracy(I’ve spent years doing school projects on my laptop :sweat_smile:).

1 Like

:smiley:! That’s above average! Is that with ten fingers, or two?! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Seven(on a laptop)! :joy::joy: i used to practice typing with this really cute typing website called dancemat or something… there’s be all sorts of animals teaching us how to type and stuff. I’m glad my mother forced me to do it every day! :sweat_smile:
My touch typing is a little slower… about 50 WPM with lower accuracy… I guess I rely too much on autocorrect on a mobile device!

2 Likes

You’re too cute! :slight_smile: What matters is getting it done, form, and pomp was for back in the day. :smile::smile: As you put it, and as it was, Touch Typing. I stay away from that auto correct, I always turn it off on any device I own. 50WPM! :smiley:! that’s still above the accepted 45WPM!

1 Like

Oooooo… that’s eye-opening :scream: I’m learning lots tonight. Thanks heaps!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Very, very much appreciated. I have never tested my typing speed. I discovered that one of the advantages of learning piano was the it wasn’t that hard to learn how to touch type once I knew where the keys were.

2 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know about this. I was always wondering how to do the tutorial

4 Likes

@leerla73 is so sweet!

2 Likes

Discourse is looking similar to our discussion forum? But all the content over there is :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

4 Likes

That’s what I also thought. :roll_eyes: :flushed:

2 Likes

So that’s the reason for all the spam-like useless “social-style” threads in the last few weeks? To test how many badges you people could get and what level of user you would become? I sort of suspected as much, because it started just after the badge discussion. In all these years I hadn’t felt the need to mute threads, but I had to lately. Now we know it’s not just teenage immaturity (which can be somehow cute, if it’s not your own kids) but it was done on purpose? Gosh, what to say…

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: So did I, that highway got way too busy for me :sweat_smile:
Hopefully after they finish with sorting out updates, they’ll have time, or to assign fans to clean up these threads. Wayyy too many similar threads, indeed! :smile:

4 Likes

It’s actually Viki borrowing discourse, to provide fans a forum for discussions. So, yea! It’s the other way around :shushing_face: :joy:

4 Likes

This is off topic, and I apologize for hijacking this thread for a second, but…

Is it really fair to unilaterally label other people’s threads as ‘useless’ just because you aren’t personally interested in their topic? Besides a place for volunteers to seek information like what can be found in this thread, isn’t one of the intended purposes of this discussion board to be a social gathering place where people with common interests within the world of Asian dramas can meet and discuss these interests? The board itself has several different pre-determined ‘social’ category headings, so it seems to me that those types of threads are perfectly valid. As long as other users are willingly and actively participating in them, those members obviously find a use for them. And if you don’t, you can just mute them, as you mentioned. I’m not sure it’s necessary to belittle what other people have chosen to chat about. As someone who chooses to engage in many of these threads and has started a thread or two myself, I can assure you they are not for the purpose of earning badges or trying to level up user status. (You don’t even earn a badge for starting threads.) I can’t speak for everyone else, but based on my observations and conversations in my short time as a member here, we are just individuals having a good time with each other, enjoying topics that we have found in common - and if we happen to coincidentally earn a badge for something random that we did, then we’ll have fun with that too.

2 Likes