Trying to remember name of Chinese drama where people purchase robots

This drama takes place in a Chinese future in which people purchase robots as companions. They also return them and regard them as consumer products.

A woman purchases a robot to be her child. She had purchased and returned robot children multiple times because she is not happy with them.

There is a poignant scene where she decides to return the robot child and the robot child is devoted to her and then realizes that he is being returned and that his existence is going to come to an end. He pleads with her and he is taken down to the room for disassembly.

I saw it on YouTube, I can’t remember the name. I thought it was very compelling treatment of AI beings.

If anyone can remember what the name is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is it the one where the main character thought he was just a kid but later realises that he’s a robot?

1 Like

That is a different one and I have seen it. In the movie I am trying to remember, the robot is quite aware of being a robot and also recognizes other robots that people have purchased.

This really sounds like A.I. from 2001: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/

I said it takes place in a “Chinese future.” Also, why would I be asking about an American drama on Viki. Connect the dots.