Upgrade to VikiPass Plus?

So Kocowa has launched in Europe and Oceania and I get quite a few ads for it on my FB. Now I wonder: Does this also effect the VikiPass for people in those regions?
As far as I understood the “Plus” is for Viki + Kocowa content which at first wasn’t available for the regions but now it is so maybe it will change?

8 Likes

I was wondering. We European QCs, shouldn’t we automatically see our pass converted to plus just as the American ones?

5 Likes

I think it should now Kocowa is available for the European market. Would be strange if the QC’s in the US get Kocowa content and we don’t (except for some that where on Kocowa and available for other regions like Europe before).

I kind of hope we can see Jisung’s latest Kdrama “Connection” on Viki soon. It’s on Viki but not for our region and it’s from SBS so it falls under Kocowa if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

Hmmm, interesting. This is news to me. I had no idea they’d expanded onto Europe. Mine still says QC Benefits (Standard), but it might mean we could get the Plus too soon. I’d assume we should get upgraded automatically. But for a while back there was some sort of glitch where for a lot of us it said Viki Pass (Plus) when it still wasn’t available, so it might just be that the system is a bit slow in changing it. I know I’d love it if we get those benefits too. There was a drama that I wanted to watch a while back, but it wasn’t available in my region. I’d love to be able to watch that one too if it falls under Kocowa. :smile:

3 Likes

Here are 2 news articles regarding the launch in Europe and Oceania.

I didn’t check out what they have to offer so far but you can start a 14 day trail I believe. I don’t feel like getting a subscription for it when some of it should be covered by our VikiPass eventually just like it does for QC’s in the US and Canada.

4 Likes

I sent a request ticket to Viki about this (under feedback & feature request) a couple of weeks ago.
I don’t know how much I can share of the reply I got, in regards to community guidelines, but I believe they are actively working on adding Pass Plus for us Europeans to get access to Kocowa content. Hopefully we’ll see it soon-ish :heart:

11 Likes

That’s good to hear. I hope they will bring us good news soon.

5 Likes

Exactly ! Like I have a few series I wanna watch but that are not available in my region. Hope we’ll be upgraded soon

3 Likes

Just for general information, I pay for Kocowa membership as the catalog at Kocowa is much much larger than the Kocowa content available to viki plus members.

3 Likes

That’s true, but it would be super awesome if we (volunteers) could get access to the content that Viki has from Kocowa and that is available also for Europe… not sure if that would cost Viki more for the licensing???

@brendas @vikicommunity Can someone look into it, thank you :pray:

4 Likes

Yes, but for us who currently don’t have even that, it would still be an upgrade!

4 Likes

I had no idea that they expanded to Europe. It’s great, we are hoping for this Viki pas plus. I had to say that I have surely an error on my profile about this and it’s recurrent. I’m in Europe so I have QC benefits with Viki pass normal. And some weeks, my profile pass is with benefits plus. I don’t understand why but it’s often. One week I’ve the normal pass and the other the Viki pass plus. Maybe something was happening and it’s related to this info. But I assure that I still get access to the catalogue like Viki pass normal.

4 Likes

@dudie I wouldn’t wish the Kocowa experience on my worst enemy. I used it for a while, and it was a nightmare. The app is very broken, unstable, and inconsistent across platforms. However, Viki Pass Plus with Kocowa content is great.

1 Like

How about watching on the website?

If you want to try it, the only platform where it is decent is Roku. On any other device—of which I have pretty much every streaming device known to man—the experience is subpar. I legitimately feel like they have completely separate crews for each platform, and they just don’t communicate.

1 Like

I only use my laptop for watching. I cannot be bothered to change device for each streaming site.
Of course there are always other ways if something I want to see is not on Viki. It’s just that I like watching on Viki because it feels “at home” and there are the Timed Comments.

1 Like

@irmar Right i was just saying with current state of things i would not waste money on the platform despite the vast content because if the poor user experience so the only device it feels optimized for is Roku

I even wrote the following a fewmonths back in this case i was talking about the tv app but website is just as bad .

Dear Kocowa+ Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep frustration with the current design of the Android TV app. In all honesty, the user interface appears to be subpar and falls far below the standards expected from a streaming service.

It is with disappointment that I share my belief that whoever designed the Android TV app should be held accountable for its shortcomings. The interface lacks user-friendliness and is a significant hindrance to the overall viewing experience. In comparison to other apps available on the market, particularly the Roku app, the Android TV version is sorely lacking.

I strongly urge you to consider making immediate changes to the design team or process responsible for the Android TV app. The current state of the interface is not reflective of the high-quality content your service provides, and it may lead to the loss of subscribers.

I appreciate your understanding of the gravity of this matter and trust that you will take swift action to rectify the situation. Your commitment to delivering an exceptional user experience is crucial to retaining loyal customers.

So what I am saying is i wish Viki had access to the full range of content because kocowa on any platform but roku is painful,

hope I helped?

2 Likes

It was good that you took the time and the effort to give them feedback. I wish more people did that, instead of only complaining to themselves and their friends or other users. The management should know!
Maybe one message won’t be taken into consideration, but if many users complain, then they might open their ears, seriously ponder on what makes the customers unhappy and try to improve it.
(Your message was a bit vague, however. By reading it, I fully understood you did not like the app, but - if I were in their shoes - I would have wished for more concrete information of what exactly you didn’t like. Just a note for next time, if there is one :slight_smile: )