Variety shows - new suggestions?

I think in a lot of shows the editors are simply brilliant :smile:
Without a good / great editor, a show isn’t as good as it can be

2 Likes

I love the characteristic floating captions in most Korean variety shows. They make the show so much more interesting, even though I’m in a constant race to read subtitles… I think that’s why my Korean has improved so much— I spend so much time rewinding and trying to read all the dialogues and captions at the same time! :sweat_smile: There’s so much more cross-talk in these shows than in dramas… it’s almost impossible to read everything, even with all my experience reading TCs and subs simultaneously.

2 Likes

It’s such a pain to segment these shows too :sweat_smile:. Takes me way, way longer to do. That’s why I don’t tend to do them anymore.

Much respect to the teams that work on variety shows :smile:

1 Like

Just saw the trailer for this.
Looks very interesting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I plan on checking it out. Looks like it could be fun.

1 Like

It looks really interesting! :heart_eyes:
“We’ll finally be rich!” - pretending he isn’t already :joy:

1 Like

Okay, I’m a terrible person… I suddenly went on a Workman marathon on the day before my exam :grimacing:

I love Workman, it’s the newest variety show I’m interested in.

I found out about it because of EXO— I think his “EXO Manager for a Day” episode has the most views.

Show host - Jang Sung Kyu
He takes a different job in every episode. It’s really nice to see all the different kinds of jobs there are. And Jang Sung Kyu’s dry, witty, pun-filled comedy is just my style! It’s so funny and informative at the same time. He also interviews the other workers so you get to know about the pros and cons of each job. At the end of each episode, he receives his salary, so you can see how much these jobs pay, too. I especially like the episodes where he works behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. He has very good chemistry with his staff, so the editing is really fun to watch, too!

Jang Sung Kyu and children :joy:

Jang Sung Kyu x Seventeen’s Joshua and Hoshi
2 Likes

Wow, he’s a character :rofl:
Did your exam go okay?

1 Like

Yeah… I made ONE mistake, and it’s still haunting me :flushed:

1 Like

Awww that sucks, I hope you can let it go soon :blush:

1 Like

@my_happy_place @vivi_1485
Idk if you guys are already watching New World, but so far (I just watched the last episodes that uploaded), it’s hilarious :rofl:. It reminds me of a combination of other shows.

They are so mean sometimes hahaha :laughing:.

2 Likes

Ooh I almost forgot about this one! I’ll start watching it soon!

2 Likes

I put it directly in my watch list when I saw the trailer for it. I haven’t had a chance to watch any of it yet, but I’m sure I will love it.

1 Like

Not going to spoil anything, I’m just seriously impressed with Bo Ah.
Whoever decided to cast her made a good choice :laughing:.
Also, the editors are hilarious :rofl:

I thought last week was funny, but this week had so many twists and turns! Definitely keeping me interested :laughing:

2 Likes

You’re making me anticipate it so much!! Can’t wait to start! I especially love Korean caption editors— they are just gems!

2 Likes

I really hope they all come back for season 2 :laughing:.

These extra videos are so nice after New World’s season ended :smile:

Like he said, Kai is definitely a dark horse in Kvariety :laughing:

1 Like

Going Seventeen 2022 is here and the boys(with their hilarious editors) really are trying their best :joy:

Screenshot_20220210-143456 Screenshot_20220210-142440 Screenshot_20220210-143512

2 Likes