You can contact Viki directly:
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/ticket_forms/new
or send an e-mail to
help@viki.com

Here are more details to the Viki Pass
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/sections/200013364-Viki-Pass-FAQs
Good luck!

1 Like

This is all well and good, I understand everything. But what Iā€™m having trouble understanding is that even after disabling, and then completely removing adblocker from my browser to ā€œcooperateā€ with Viki, it still says that I am using adblocker and will not load the video. I am trying to be patient, but its really hard because I love viki and the community here and I feel like Iā€™m being barred from it. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would very much like to know because otherwise Iā€™d be stuck having to watch Viki on internet explorer or an entirely new and terrible browser I donā€™t like (my problem has happened on TWO browsers where I have eliminated adblocker and I still get zilch). My only other alternative is to gasp resort to Dramafever and Hulu, which is really not the same and I would like to return to my Viki home because its so boring and limited over there T_T [SEND HELP SOON PLEEEEAASE]

P.S. I do not want to try Viki pass until all the glitches are ironed out and that it wonā€™t jump up in the dollarsā€¦

i donā€™t know maybe try refreshing your browser or like signing in and out or something, i really have no idea ;p
You should contact the help center it may also be a bug or whatever.

Hi @fumi_ito,
Iā€™m sorry that youā€™re having trouble with Viki Pass. Weā€™re sending you a PM to help you out as we donā€™t want to discuss your personal account information here on the forum. Please check your PMs :slight_smile:

In the future, you can always get in touch with us through the Help Center!

Cheers,
Mariko
Viki Community Team

@Robertases, I want to assure you that even if your credit card didnā€™t go through, it wasnā€™t compromised. Please contact the Viki Help Center and we can figure out what happened, and get you signed up to Viki Pass! :slight_smile:

Thank you, @Wafaahs, for your post and for explaining Viki Pass to the community :slight_smile: The only point that I have to add is that purchasing Viki Pass only get you an ad-free experience on licensed channels (ie not Fan Channels). The reason for this is is that the ads on Fan Channels are not run by Viki.

As @Wafaahs, there are still a few kinks and bugs that weā€™re working through! But we would like to ask the community for your help on this ā€“ if you see a bug or something just isnā€™t working the way you think it should be, please let us know. This will help us get to the bottom of issues quicker.

The issue that weā€™re seeing the most is that members purchase Viki Pass but still see ads. Weā€™re working on fixing this, but whatā€™s happening here is that your cache hasnā€™t cleared. If you log out and log back in again, you should get your ad-free experience. But if after you do this, you still see ads, please contact us!

You can also find FAQs on Viki Pass here.

Thanks everyone!

Mariko
Viki Community Team

3 Likes

You are more than welcome^^
Itā€™s such a pity that a great website as this one gets criticized that way, so i felt as if i had to do something for it, since you as the Community Team are doing such a great job in providing the content of this site and making it available for us, we should at least help you out.

I am so grateful and thankful for this site and thought someone should show that.
So @Mariko i hope you guys always keep up your good work,

Fighting!!

A Viki Volunteer,
Wafaa. ^^

1 Like

For those bad subs, a moderator has to be sure that the subbers in team have skills to translate into a certain language. We romanians are trying to give quality over our subs by bringing an editor for each project, but still, not all the moderators will take the responsability in the same way. So, yes, there will be always horrible subtitling. Myself i try to take my project till the end with accurate subtitles and wonā€™t ever give up. I can say from instant if one subber use the online translators or not, so I try to avoid them or guide them. We already have projects like introducing into the editors the new users, not so very good subbers into professionals. How? We give them something to sub under the supervising of some experimented subbers. And finaly there is the chief editor who will edit even the supervisor. This way we can help many to get closer to our community and our way of working without being criticized.
Regarding the pay for no-adds, i would pay it, but itā€™s not the case because iā€™m a QC. I was so upset when viki passed to the Beta version, we lost so many features and we suffered a lot. After getting used to the new viki, now itā€™s the invasion of so many users whom wonā€™t even take a minute to read some guidelines and we suffer again duo the mistakes they do, sometimes double the necessary time for our work. But still, wonā€™t ever give up, weā€™ll fight and try to avoid all the obstacles that came along. I would talk about several hours, but i have to goā€¦ Anyway, it was interesting to read this topic.
Have a nice weekend all of you!

1 Like

I also do the same.

But as you said, we still have issues related to this matter. Iā€™ve seen moderators that donā€™t care that much, unfortunately :frowning:

This is why moderators could be just those who are experimented and responsable. A manager could check those requesting the moderator spot by the past projects that person did. As a moderator I always take maximum responsability for my team and our subtitles, this is the only way to have some quality in our work. The more issues apear on the ongoing/on air projects. Just on Heirs we are fighting day by day with those who wonā€™t botter to ask or see around before subbing and even ignore us. Subs are late and we loose precious time while trying to kick them out, also we spend hours to give advices, explanations and guidelines.

You could also try to reinstall the browser after removing the adblockers.

I have always been willing to pay for vikiā€¦But If what I am paying for is not Ads this is a total failure because every show I have tried to watch since giving Viki My Credit card info has had ads.

Try logging in than out, it should solve the problem,
if not try contacting the help center it might be a bug.

I totally agree with you, you just stole all my words. Viki is growing up, and getting improving, we use adblock and extensions, they have to get money in some way, and of course, with ADS, so since people use extensions this is very reasonable, and the price is very good, but i WISH thereā€™s some way to pay by year, not per month, and more ways to pay (like using paypal).

1 Like

There is actually many Channels that are not so popular that they are always open to new subbers/editors. In what languages are you looking for to work?

Thanks very much ,I wanna tknow how to write a post,