[Viki Community Team] 2023 Winter Subathon: What's your favorite holiday food?

winter-subathon-week2

We are a global community and the term “holiday feast” may mean something different to every one of us. :world_map: What foods are you looking forward to eating this holiday season? Tell us below (and feel free to share your favorite recipes as well!) :heavy_heart_exclamation: :yum:

13 Likes

Eierflockensuppe, Klöse mit Rotkraut und Fleisch <3
my first christmas since years where I don´t have to work

3 Likes

I had to goolgle it… “Egg drop soup, also known as egg flower soup, is a Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in chicken broth. Condiments such as black or white pepper, and finely chopped scallions and tofu, are commonly added to the soup.” It sounds interesting… :slight_smile:

I eat jjajangmyeon on everything that is worth celebrating, with kimchi (I know they do not really go together but I like it that way). And then I eat cookies and candy and spend my time on viki… I’m always alone and thankfully there are people that let me work on segments and subtitles during the holidays, so I will be fine here with my dogs…

3 Likes

Something like that. Soup, a bit peas and carrots, over all ingredients some parsley… my grandmother was so good in making it, also my dad :disappointed::pleading_face:

We never add tofu or so to it (thanks god xD), but this soup is a childhood memory from the Easter :rabbit: :hatching_chick: holidays and also Christmas :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I had a look at the recipes and I think I will try some of them and maybe the eggsoup (I read and understand German) as it’s one of your traditions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Homemade apple sauce and stewed pears with cinnamon. :yum:

5 Likes

This sounds goof :star_struck:

1 Like

Carrot casserole!

4 Likes

we have a fish and potato salad for x-mass eve! and my favourite “svařák” - hot beverage containing red wine, rum, sugar, cloves, cinnamon, star anise and fresh orange - I can dring all holiday season (just not too much :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

I think Viki knows about all that,this is one of many…

:new::dizzy: New Choice this year. :new::dizzy:
I’ve set my sights on Galbi/Kalbi Jjim, loaded with cheese toppings! :yum: Yum!

3 Likes

Guava paste and cheddar cheese cubes skewers.:+1:

4 Likes

I’m guessing it’s the breaded carp and the Czech potato salad, no carp soup? What about all those Czech cookies or Vanocka (fruit stollen or loaf)?

I grew up with this menu including playing with the carp in bathtub, lol.

But my kids and me usually do Raclette including shrimps and thinly cut meat. This year we meet at my son’s and he wants to do Pizza and I guess appetizers… I’m not a fan of pizzas and on Christmas… :frowning: I have to go with the flow… but I’m not that delighted.
The table would look about like this with Raclette (melting special Swiss Cheese not the one with holes :rofl:)

3 Likes

I hope your son makes room for your Raclette.
Everyone can enjoy pizza, and Raclette, why not? :wink::blush:
SAS-ASMR is having Charcuterie. Both looks appealing, and fun to eat.
!https://youtu.be/nvDjdTLPXtg?feature=shared

3 Likes

It is! Oh, yeah, sweet memories with carp in the bathtub :smiley:
well, it is a bit different now, as I live in Spain, so carp is out of question, it is very hard to find some here, but tuna makes it too. Vánočka is a problem, the flour here is different and find a good yeast… problem too :slight_smile:
Raclette looks so good!

3 Likes

La Bûche de Noël :yum:

4 Likes

Gosh… Please send me one :astonished::drooling_face: @mas4

3 Likes

Such delicious food all over the World! In Italy in Christmas time we usually eat Pandoro and Panettone. I prefer Panettone, but after watching this short video you can decide what you would like to taste, if you don’t know them. If you already know pandoro and panettone, what is your favourite?

4 Likes

I’m definitely a fan of panettone, I think there is also Colomba similar dough in the shape of a dove or is that on Easter?
As we are in the Christmas Season I want to say, I love roasted chestnuts, it’s my all time favorite when strolling the xmas markets or just in the City… but they have gotten expensive (like everything else).

4 Likes