Which asian food do you wanna try or recommed?

Omg jajangmyeon always look good, thereā€™s a vegan alternative too since Iā€™m vegan. Also tteokbokki is really good, my favorite instant flavor is black soybean

1 Like

I tried to buy kimchi from the store and it tasted different from how people describe it. I was told that homemade anything always tastes better. Iā€™m interested in trying any kind of udon noodle bowl, Iā€™m a big noodle person and I donā€™t like thin noodles. Only regular size and big.

1 Like

fried rice, beef or chicken

The Paldo jjajangmyeon is, as far as I can tell, vegan and really good! I like to stir fry some veg to mix with the sauce, but if you have a small amount of beyond beef to fry into crumbles thatā€™s even tastier.

Maangchi has a good vegan kim chi recipe thatā€™s not too hard to make.

2 Likes

Is the whole Paldo brand vegan?? I saw that brand before but I wasnā€™t sure whether to be cautious or not.
Ooooh, ty for the vegan kimchi suggestion.

luosifen (čžŗč›³ē²‰ļ¼‰Iā€™m not sure if anyone has seen this in cdramas, but itā€™s there. itā€™s known for its pungent smell, and some people hate it, but i absolutely love it. the flavor is hard to describe, itā€™s very savory, and slightly spicy. if anyone wants to buy packaged luosifen online, let me know, and iā€™ll recommend some good brands (some taste terrible, and will ruin your taste buds).

1 Like

I am watching oceans likes me, and theres a dish they are talking about, udon, now I understand its noodles, but how different are they from say Ramon, or the other varieties? and is it easy to fix?

1 Like

udon is quite thick, and made with wheat and water. traditionally, it is served in a soy sauce based broth and some toppings. now, you can also stir fry it, or have it with other types of broth. i would say itā€™s pretty easy with frozen udon and pre-packaged stuff, but if youā€™re doing it from scratch, the noodles might not look so pretty first try.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know whether itā€™s the whole brand. This is what I buy:

https://www.orientalmart.co.uk/paldo-jjajangmen

If you look at the ingredients, thereā€™s some stuff that youā€™d have to write to the company to really know (glycine, disodium inosinate) because it can go either way. the ā€œmeatā€ pieces are actually soy protein, though. I donā€™t worry too much about ā€œmaybeā€ vegetarian trace ingredients, but obviously this is something you need to decide for yourselfā€¦ If you want to make it from scratch, though, itā€™s not difficult if you find the black bean sauce at a store.

2 Likes

Udon is the beeeest and worth seeking out! The frozen or vacuum sealed ones are the best, the dried udon isnā€™t as thick and not as unique. But theyā€™re very thick delicious noodles that are great in stir fries or soup! I prefer them to ramen personally.

3 Likes

thank you for my "lessons " in noodles!! so I see they are entirely different, I will go to the store and check them out.

2 Likes

I really like sweet in a spicy food but I remember one time I went to the Korean restaurant o and tried ā€œėšė°°źø° ė¶ˆź³ źø°ā€ I donā€™t know if they did it differently, it was like kinda the taste was exploding inside of my mouth

3 Likes

I LOVE jjajangmyeon!

4 Likes

Pho is great, especially the ones with the meats, like brisket and chicken.

1 Like

Gosh, I really love teokbokki and ramen so much. Itā€™s the only food that I can tolerate even if itā€™s spicy.

1 Like

I love teokbokki too. Did you know that thereā€™s an ā€œinstant noodleā€ version too? Here in case itā€™s of interest. Stumbled upon it by chance as I wasnā€™t looking out for it. I really like how chewy it is - reminds me a bit of udon - but sauce is something else, really incredible imo.

1 Like

Really? thereā€™s a instant noodle of teokbokki? I didnā€™t know that. I will find it here in some korean store in our place. Thank you for this information.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to try Kimchi.

1 Like

Galbi Jjim, or Kalbi Jjim, recommend! Oh! I must try covered in cheese! :smiley: As seen here, :laughing: here someone is late to the party. :joy:
!https://youtube.com/shorts/fIvInMSINZ8?feature=shared

Go fullscreen for best view!

December 7, 2023, found another unique food find on the same channel. ā€œSilkworms!ā€
!https://youtube.com/shorts/sTZqrv_RibA?feature=shared

Go fullscreen for best view!

I recommend trying sushi for a delightful Japanese experience, Pad Thai for a flavorful Thai dish, or dim sum for a tasty Chinese treat. Asian cuisine offers a diverse range of delicious options worth exploring!
Best Regards,
Aantourism