[Viki Community Team] April 2020 Updates - Community Survey + QC Gift 2019 Updates

I just assumed the question about the Chief Editor was the end of the survey for me, since I’ve never been one.

I had a problem with the survey, I stared to answer and on the 8th question I had a pause of 2 minutes and when I returned my screen was as I had complety all the questions and submit it. I tried enter again but it says that I already did it (yes a incomplete survey). :frowning:

What’s the problem? As soon as you leave the website, you can tell your browser to delete all cookies, and in half a minute you’re done! I do it at least once a week. History, cookies, cache, from the beginning of time. Clean up a bit. On my other browser, I have put a setting to delete all cookies every time I close the browser. (I didn’t do it on this one because I want all my Viki windows to reopen when I come back and my Viki inbox settings to stay as they are)

From what I understand cookies can not only track you while being installed on your computer, but also network with other cookies you might wish to accept permanently and so receive your data even though you technically deleted them. Also, if you connect to the same website 3-4 times per year, for some purposes that is enough to collect all the data they need. And also it’s a matter of principle, why allow something that is not at all necessary? Third-party tracking cookies should be banned by law.

2 Likes

Ah, I routinely delete ALL of them. That’s why my inbox settings here have to be re-put.
Can’t you just tweak your browser settings to never accept third-party cookies but only “session cookies”? That would automatically solve the problem - although there are some sites that won’t let you use them unless you allow. Then, yes, of course there would be a problem.

Hi there! About the 2019 QC Gift Updates. I just saw the message in my inbox and it says:

‘Additionally, please note that if you need to change your shipping address, you have until TUESDAY, MAY 5, 11:59 PST to let us know.’

My question is… how can I let you know? The survey just asked for username, email and phone number. Is there a link for that or do I submit a request under the Login & Password issues?

It’s just I’ve never contacted anyone in support ^^

1 Like

about QC Gift 2019
I have two email addresses, so I don’t remember which one I sent. In this case what should I do?
ps. I filled out a form with both of them so I hope there is no problem.
thank you
@vikicommunity

Hi @8sage,

If you need to update your mailing information, please use the form here by May 6. Thank you!

Best,
Viki Community Team

1 Like

Hi @hmk_201288_223,

Thanks for filling out the form twice and providing both e-mails! We use either username or e-mail to check, so the information you’ve provided will work.

Best,
Viki Community Team

1 Like

I use opera private tabs for most things and viki. Privat tabs (check settings) have usually adblock and trackblock. Some webs ask you to remove adblock and you can do that within the dashboard, otherwise you can’t access website, the trackblock stays still on. Others ask to accept cookies but you don’t have to! It closes all when browser is closed.

Also you can do in command prompt (as admin) type:

ipconfig /flushdns
and Enter
it will also flush old cache from websites

btw viki uses also google services :wink:

thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@vikicommunity Thank You for putting the AUTOPLAY button back in the Video Player, it’s such a relief and a battery saver!! :rose::rose::rose:

1 Like

I think my gift is lost in the mail as I haven’t received mine yet…
But did Viki even send them. I assume they did as we are already 8 months in 2020.

1 Like

I don’t think so in my memory they said they would let us know when they send them, but I could be wrong.

That was months ago but maybe you are right.

1 Like

I received the QC gift 2019 by mail.
Click twice on blue buttons.

It is a coupon either for charities, either for shopping.

If I had knew it was for charities, I would have created and contributed on other accounts.

I’d also like to point out that the money is given to charities that are not based in my country, so the mail saying “Your contribution to Network for Good is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.” means it is deductible for Americans only, not deductible for people living outside America.

This gift is better than last year and it was nice to think about charities. Hope this charity option could be maintained for next years.

1 Like

Yes, nice thought indeed.

1 Like

Suggestion: it would be nice if it was also possible to have it for Quaterly rewards so people can opt for charities or gift. It would give more meaning in what we do or motivate some.

3 Likes

I have started to hate the number 10 :disappointed:, it has always existed with exceptions here on the site, for good is not in my country and for bad it is included. What is the continuing problem of excellence here ?!
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053308193-2019-QC-Gift-Information
There should be equality among all Volunteers here, as it was before, before all updates and new matters :expressionless:
Screenshot_2020-08-21%202019%20QC%20Gift%20Information

I do not know why this always happens, there is still an exception for certain languages after all the languages have been to this matter now and the next cannot be predicted :thinking:

On the whole, thank you everyone :hibiscus:

1 Like

Maybe you can try to ask them, we never know! They might not have sent it already?

Also, postal services are not working really good in my country because of covid.
It depends on the company: private companies work (Amazon delivery with delay or not.), public companies don’t always work, they send you an email or a text and customers have to go to their hangar within 48 hours to take it back, or else they move it in another hangar in another city.

How do postal services work for you?

I think it would have been best to send a digital card info, except if there’s a problem with the digital gift card working in these 10 countries (pick between Amazon coupon and about 8 others? I know that Amazon doesn’t ship/sell in every country (Latvia?) so the gift card would be useless.)

1 Like