[Viki Community Team] September 2023 Updates

Happy 10th anniversary.

10 Likes

You guys did really great

8 Likes

I am bad in keeping it short, so I passed this opportunity, if you are curious about one question @simi11 I will answer it for you …

5 Likes

Ok. Thanks

Thank you for recognizing @bozoli and @lutra 's 10 year anniversary as well, @simi11 ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Here are a few others who are also active and celebrating 10 years as well! Shoutouts to:
:sparkles: @kobolt
:sparkles: @dudie
:sparkles: @bjohnsonwong
:sparkles: @gesti_lagi
:sparkles: @ajumma2
:sparkles: @biankalex
:sparkles: @kakashiandme
:sparkles: @biolince
:sparkles: @danylor
:sparkles: @mas4
:sparkles: @marykarmelina
:sparkles: @cgwm808
:sparkles: @silvercat
:sparkles: @angelight313_941
:sparkles: @lazarini
Thank you for continuing to be a part of this community. Happy anniversaryl! :clap: :partying_face: :sparkler: :fireworks:

29 Likes

Almost 14 years for me next week :partying_face: When Viki was still Viikii with the ugly grey and lime green :rofl:

21 Likes

Yess, but it was relaxing for the eyes. You’re a bit longer at Viki than me, for me, it will take a few more months before it’s 14 years. Dudie, did you ever use a cookie or muffin as an avatar, or a pumpkin? I got such a bad memory the past few years, it makes me wonder …

5 Likes

I don’t think I ever used a cookie or pumpkin but I might have used a muffin many years ago. Not totally sure though.

5 Likes

I also created my account while it was Viikii back in 2009 (Viki was officialy launched in 2010), so I hold the Old School Badge. Maybe can’t volunteer much comparing with others but I was loyal to Viki all these years contributing the most I could while being a wife, mom and having a stressful job.
@dudie Maybe Brenda meant10 years on Discussion?!

13 Likes

This has peaked my interest! @simi11, what is a long-distance garden friend? And does it involve cocktails? :smile: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:(When one says garden party, I think of :cocktail::cocktail:)

Thank you, @brendas, for the questions. One of them in particular was very interesting… So, I would be very happy to hear what @lutra and the rest of this community would answer:

You get one Viki drama to watch for the rest of your life. What is it?

I know I now have to watch Jumong! :smiley:

12 Likes

Trouble — I can’t only one …

… it’s all about my mood, if it comes to my favorite drama, so in no particular order:

Just Between Lovers - Thank You - My Lovely Kim Sam Soon - Pride (Japan) - Queen Seon Deok - Shut Up: Flower Boy Band -

I could name more, but will leave it at this, it’s not even 1% of the amount of Asian drama I have watched in more than a decade. Ironically there is only 1 left at Viki of these for me to watch …

8 Likes

You can actually choose one drama title? :smiley:

3 Likes

Lots of familiar names! I think most of us have been with Viki for more than 10 years, so this must be the 10 year anniversary for Viki Discussions.

8 Likes

I loved Misaeng, and enjoyed Reply 1988, but never watched My Mister. It seemed pretty dark and depressing when I saw a little bit of its trailer. But now I’m intrigued. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

7 Likes

@ajumma2,
Please do, you’ll get through the darkness, and smile. I had it on my watchlist for a while, it was another thread here in discussions that let me experienced what I had been missing. I watched, and have not regretted!

7 Likes

What if your life depended on it? :laughing:

4 Likes

Hi Olja, you are funny :smile: Well it is as I said, Astrid is a long distance garden friend. She’s in Germany and I’m in Switzerland. I started to work in a community garden some years ago and Astrid has her own garden. So we talk about things that gardeners do, issues, vegetables and projects. I indeed wished we could also have :cocktail: or :beers: while we talk about it; perhaps one day that will happen :rofl: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But I do have occasional gatherings at the community garden with other garden friends which is very nice, we also exchange seeds and seedlings while we sip on something :wine_glass: :heart_eyes:.

9 Likes

@bozoli Thanks for liking the Timed Comments topic :smiley:. I really appreciate all the funny and ridiculous TCs that people come across :joy:.

Happy anniversary to everyone.

8 Likes

I kind of miss that event now. :smile:

2 Likes