[Viki Community Team] Unable to cast from mobile device to TV via Chromecast

Hello everyone,

We are aware it’s currently not possible to cast Viki from your mobile device to your TV via Chromecast and our team is working on a fix. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

In the meantime, we recommend casting from a web browser via viki.com to your TV. We will be sure to communicate any updates on this post. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you all for your patience!
Viki Community Team

:sparkles:Update: March 23, 2023

Hello everyone,

Thank you all very much for your patience! We are happy to announce that the Viki App version 23.3.0 on Android has now been released. With this release all QCs should now be able to cast from the Android mobile Viki App to your TV via Chromecast.

Please make sure to update your Viki app and check that your Android mobile device is on our latest Viki App version 23.3.0.

Thank you,
Viki Community Team

1 Like

Casting from the browser on Viki.com and directly from the web player doesn’t work either. First I got the error where the subs I chose would not show at all. Then the Video wouldn’t even start playing, it would get stuck on the Viki’s logo screen. As of today I have to cast the entire tab in the browser and then maybe I’m lucky and I get it to work.

Btw, this issue is more than 6 months old, maybe even a year old. In case your engineers try to find the origin of the error.

I just assumed this was intentional on Viki’s part, to zone out casting all together.

1 Like

Oh, no! :scream: It looks like you might need some help. I’m not saying that you do…:face_with_peeking_eye: But I think you should contact the help center, for some help, you know…

I feel like I’ve seen this answer before… Would you remind me where? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I’m coming back on this topic to update our problem about the app of Viki where we weren’t able to cast via Chromecast on our TV. After months without it, I’m confirming that I’m now able to cast on my TV. But the qc benefits still aren’t on my profile on the app of Viki. It’s doesn’t interfere with my access to any dramas. It’s just that they are not showing I’m QC with benefits. I hope people can now cast dramas on TV.

I cannot cast from my phone to my tv. The chromecast icon doesnt even show up for me.

Oh, no! :scream: It looks like you might need some help. I’m not saying that you do…:face_with_peeking_eye: But I think you should contact the help center, for some help, you know…