Viki Improvements

Do you guys know where we can recommend Viki changes?

In the messages, I just wish there was a Delete button next to Mark as Unread when you read a message. I do not like that I have to exit the message to delete it.

2 Likes

the link to the help center: http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
hope it helps

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @marulinda,
Thanks for the suggestion – I totally agree with it! This is actually already a feature request for PMs and I hope it’s something that we’ll be able to bring to you soon :smile:

Hi Mariko,

Any thoughts on bringing back the old profile pages where each user has a comment section? I really thought that it was the best feature where Viki is very more of a community. We get to invite, greet, give thanks via the comment section.

4 Likes

Totally agree, I miss that feature too. :frowning:

Hi Mariko,
I agree with Yols and neljoha.
That feature was the best. You could leave your friends pms on their pages, pictures or music.
It was really nice and back then I remember that the viki staff told us to wait a while, because they would bring back these features and that they would save our old page comments and post them back.
Also, I loved to post music on my wall but that feature was gone too, and now we can only post music on the channels’ pages.

Yes I miss that comment section of profiles too. Everyone is just a PM away but that’s different.
I would also like to have a subject line for PM’s. I get so many PM’s sometimes that it’s hard to find one back since there is no subject.

2 Likes

Yeah, the music. I really like having autoplay on my profile…lol
They should put it back. The atmosphere within the community is kinda bland if you put it that way.
I always look forward to my viki friend’s comments and me be able to say something on their profiles…

And the channel discussions as well…I think that each channel should have discussion page alongside with the wall/comments/volunteers. It’s very important to put different post for the users particularly the new ones who need some sort of orientation. Before you get into the tool, they can visit those post and be oriented. There’s a limit as to what can be posted on the channel wall. If you guys can add another window for games or trivias, that would be great too…Like game section.

2 Likes

what about search? you can just type in the name of the user and gives you all the messages you got from that user. it would be very handy.

4 Likes

I love the idea of search, last friday I spent about 2 hours searching a message from 2011. XD My head was in pain!!

Hi everyone,
Being about to see an activity field and a place to leave comments (publicly) for your friends is something that we’re definitely looking into. Actually, most of what is mentioned here are things that are in our planning process. :slight_smile: I can’t promise how long these will take as they do take some development time, but we’re definitely working on them!

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone!

Mariko

1 Like

Annyeonghaseyo Viki fans! Please take my survey about learning language and culture on #Viki. http://tinyurl.com/k4plp5o. Fellow K-Drama lovers, help a chingu out. I’m working on my thesis on the potential for social streaming sites like Viki to develop intercultural competence.
Participation is entirely voluntary and anonymous. Kamsahamnida! #화이팅

Hello.

I’m glad to hear that Viki’s team read us and want to make all suggestions come true.

I would like that Viki shows, when comments were made with an actual date. Instead of put “3 days ago” you can show 21/04/2014 1:27 pm as facebook does.

I wish you find a way users can access to erased messages as well.

Thank you, have a great day.

1 Like

Another thread w/loads of suggestions: http://discussions.viki.com/t/suggestions-and-feedback-for-viki/1398

This SUGGESTION is to Viki and is NO reflection on subbers, etc.

Viki: WILL YOU PLEASE CONTINUE SUBS FOR ALL DRAMAS, NOT FLAKE OUT ON LAST FEW. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STOP TRYING TO GRAB EVERYTHING NEW AND COMPLETE YOUR JOB BEFORE TAKING ON OTHER K DRAMAS!!! THIS IS A CONSTANT PROBLEM WITH YOUR SITE.

“before taking on other dramas…”

Technically, Viki doesn’t really do anything; it’s the team who chooses to take on other dramas. There are times when an old drama has an inactive CM and the team usually forgets about it, or usually the team is busy.

1 Like

Yes.

How do I start a thread? lol

I wanted to make a post and logged in and can’t find anything to make a new post. The FAQs and pinned threads weren’t of much help other than mentioning there are unlisted arbitrary restrictions on a new user… Don’t understand how a paying member could need to be restricted.

It’s interesting that DramaFever’s forum was very easy to jump into compared to Viki. However, DramaFever restricts user posts on their Facebook page which Viki doesn’t… I would think the opposite, lol.

As for improvements for the actual service…

I was finally able to make a thread, so the most critical improvements are listed there. But a secondary improvement to those…

Better Interface
Viki’s homepage is confusing. I’m no fan of DramaFever for several reasons but their homepage is much cleaner. Particularly how they list current shows I’m watching at the top for easy access. Viki I’m always having to remember which show and search for it. Then going through the episodes and having to remember where I was is a burden.

A cleaner look with my content upfront would be nice. Also a queue for shows I see but not ready to start. And a list (or something) of currently/previously viewed shows. Would also be nice for the service to better remember where I was (which episode and where at in the particular episode… This seems to work sometimes on Viki as is.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is where I request this. Can viki please become a part of the tmobile binge on program in the u.s.?? Its a program that allows video streaming without using up all of the data on our mobile plan. It would be so awesome if Viki participates. On deman korea is a participant but i don’t like their platform and they dont have as many subbed vids as viki. I want viki to join the tmobile binge on program pleasee!!!