Viki pass - 2 queestions/suggestion

You can only purchase a DF membership if you’re in the Americas, and isn’t their content available for the Americas anyway?

The only instance of shows on Viki not being available for the US (but somewhere else), from my recent memory, is with Heirs. That’s a special case because DF apparently partially produced (or something) the show, and thus have some claim to it.

OMG, I can’t believe you people.
First, I want to say that viki is still FREE, I don’t know about you guys but I didn’t have to pay a cent , for coming on this site or watching the dramas I just saw, yes there are adds , and yes the offer for the viki pas is there but no one is forced to buy it. ALL drama websites have adds, but at least viki has short ones that can be easily ignored in hulu and dramafever , you have your frist , second , and third add. STOP COMPLAINING because there is nothing to complain about, VIKI, dramafever, hulu these are all good sites that bring us shows none of us can see on our TV sets, they all have their good and bad points. we just have to live with them , or plan to up root ourselves, move to Korea, learn Korean ,so that we can watch them on our TVs.

3 Likes

Since I only just started watching and haven’t been watching for years…I just wondered why now. How many of these sites do we have to subscribe to. Friday the episodes were available and today there not. I find another avenue to watch Kdrama since it’s come to this.

It’s not like change comes about suddenly. If they’re rolling these new changes out now, they must have been working on them for awhile.

I don’t know that you’ll really get an answer as to “why now”. But the drama streaming landscape has been changing for a few years now. It used to be just fans bringing you the shows they enjoyed - no businesses, no companies, less legal issues.

But time brings changes. I think the two major factors behind it all are 1. the rise in popularity of K-dramas and such, 2. digital copyright laws and stuff, because the internet is like a booming place now.

If you see these changes as “bad,” you’ll just have to accept that it was unlucky that now is the time you got into dramas.

I have a problem with Viki Pass. One, I don’t watch Dramas THAT often. Maybe follow one drama every other month average. Dramas are hit or miss. There is NOT enough content on Viki to charge a MONTHLY fee. According to their Viki Pass introduction page, not only will Everything be available in HD for pass users, but they will have exclusive shows as well. This will probably mean they will DELAY the release of shows a few days. Another thing. Why do people use adblock? Because there are 6 commercial breaks in a 60 minute time. You watch 4 episodes in a row? That’s 24 commercial breaks. Not only that, but the commercials are placed in the WORST places. In the middle of a climax scene? Here is a 1minute commercial to derail the moment. If Viki lumped the ads in the middle and the end, I would gladly disable and give Viki the ad revenue. I also don’t understand how they they can skew the status quo so much. I bet people were willing to go through the ads so they can stream HD. Now that’s gone. Some people suggest just do the 2000 QC to get it. But what happens when everyone has 2000 QC? They need to make money. They’ll probably set it so you have to do X QC per month. I mean. I UNDERSTAND Viki needs the money, but I feel like the scales are tipped too much.

There is no word about additional show options, if you buy the viki pass, it’s only about HD and ad free service.
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/200138874-What-is-Viki-Pass-

We can actually change the options there. Most licensed dramas/movies are usually HD. For fan channels, it depends.