VIKI volunteers

With All Languages, you would avoid the 3,000-contribution barrier, but of course, Viki might frown upon it.

2 Likes

Really? You need them to be a simple mod, but not for this, which has access to all languages? That’s new to me, but you probably have looked it up, so…

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s mostly because of the new segmenters working on A&C dramas. Some CMs used it as a way to add other language moderators without a free slot too, but by now, Viki doesn’t allow it anymore so they get a warning when they become CM.

2 Likes

All Languages doesn’t have to have any subs nor contribution. I tested out LoL

As a Drama addict, if the comments are uninteresting or disrespectful, just turn them off. How will you judge a comment is a troll? If the commentary is insulting, we agree, but if the commentary criticizes and analyzes the episodes correctly? For example, inconsistency in the script, the production / staging is not good and advice is given to improve it, etc. careful cleaning! Do not confuse moderation versus censorship. Thank you for understanding this point of view.

1 Like

It’s never ALL comments. There are some which are witty and funny, and you cannot know it unless you have them turned on. Why should we miss out the interesting ones just because of some rude, obnoxious people?

Here is a list of which comments I routinely delete, as they are either offensive or distracting or irrelevant or spammy.

3 Likes

I’m old, and wise. I know the dif between moderation and censorship. I’ll continue to cover/comment over the comments which are truly there to incite. In my post the comments I am referring to are the blatant “I want to F*** her (or him)” which use the full word or the stars, the blatant sexual references to using one’s children in the scenario, suggesting using differing sexual positions on the character, etc. Those in-you-face comments don’t bring anything to the Timed Comments. Anything else I could care less about, such as “Her hair is a mess”, “She’s so ugly”, “He’s not as attractive as…”. We glean valuable info from the comments also, and even at my age I can’t figure out exactly what’s going on sometimes. So, going forth, I’ll report.

1 Like

Her hair is a mess, the stylist should be fired, all this is fine. But “She’s so ugly”… I beg to differ. I always think that the actors also use the internet, they visit websites and read comments on them and on their drama. If you bash someone for his/her physical appearance, which is something one is born with - and there’s only so much you can do with hair styles and makeup -, it makes them feel bad and maybe ruin their day.
Actors are human beings too. And it’s unnecessary, it doesn’t add anything either. It’s easier to be kind.

5 Likes

I didn’t mean “She’s so ugly” was fine with me. I meant comparing those statements in comments to the vulgar nature of others is relatively lower on my radar to report. I just finished a drama where the appearance-from-birth was bashed excessively. They were called out for it by others but as we know the TCs aren’t real time so they were repeated throughout the drama. It’s only serves as a warning to new viewers of the same drama not to comment with such. I’ve also begun to notice more Spoilers being inserted. BUT please, I’m begging Viki to not do away with the TCs. The experience, among other things, makes Viki stand apart from other streaming services. I SO appreciated your perspective, irmar, in discussions I’ve come across.

3 Likes

Yes, I understand what you mean. After all, reporting is a more bothersome and serious matter, compared to a moderator zapping here and there. For instance you wouldn’t bother to report all the “Watching from Louisiana, 13/4/2022” comments that suddenly start spamming the section. They are not harmful or offensive per se. But we moderators routinely zap them because they are supremely irritating and useless.
And I fully agree with you that Timed Comments are what makes the difference in Viki and should never be eliminated.
On the other hand, channel managers and moderators should take more seriously the job of cleaning them up. For instance, Spanish and Portuguese moderators: most sub-whining TC come for their languages, and yet I have never met ONE who takes the trouble to clean them up when the Spanish and Portuguese subs are done. I have to do those as well! Channel Managers should make it a requirement.

4 Likes

Dear, Mod All recently can only be CS and CE, according to some Viki criteria to stop OL from taking dramas.In some dramas where I work as a CS, I was forced to ask the Manager to put the segmenters in Mod All at least temporarily, at least until the drama is over, because the segments via Bot were so poorly done that one person would have to spend several months editing them as a rule.

I’ve read the comments many times, but it seems that I haven’t watched the same dramas as you, I mean, I haven’t noticed that anyone curses anyone, and whether someone is beautiful or ugly is his personal opinion. I leave a comment only on the drama that I liked. I don’t see any interest in saying something ugly about another person.

2 Likes

In the end, Viki punishes someone for being ALM in December, and they grant you a new CM project in January. :woman_shrugging::laughing: Maybe someone finds the issue here.

5 Likes

I don’t know who that person is, but , Viki staff share dramas, if someone has been punished by Viki before for any reason, it doesn’t mean that they are no longer a good CM. People make mistakes but they still have their qualities.

1 Like

Basically yes. But it’s sort of funny if they tell a CM that they might be excluded from future projects as CM for adding someone as ALM, but the person who insisted multiple times to become ALM (and was removed by Viki then) just gets another project after 4 weeks. :woman_shrugging: I would assume that either the rules or reporting someone is just a joke.

7 Likes

I personally feel that RVIKI has fallen into a big, dark hole, and is struggling to come out of it; but so far with no success. Things happening here so far; no longer make ANY sense.
I hope they can recover from whatever they are going through before they become another dramafever story… gone and forgotten…:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Something like that :wink:

The staff is already working a lot on upcoming projects as well as other commitments, there is a lot to do every day. Have faith that one day everything will fall into place. Also, the staff is not in charge of punishment, it may happen that the Viki decision to sanction someone and assigning drama has been overlooked because there are a large number of people working on the Viki. Maybe it’s best to talk to the person in question first. Maybe the disagreements will be resolved much earlier.

1 Like

If not the staff, who is? Those who run this site have the ultimate responsibility to make things around here pliable to good and productive work. That also includes sanctioning. And particularly sanctioning after the rules they themselves made were broken.

4 Likes

Olja, why are you angry? :slight_smile: Everything will come in its own time, one should be patient. No one can say that the staff is not doing their job. What other site can you go to to complain about this and that? And you yourself know that the internet is full of Asian dramas. Viki made it possible.If you were in the position of staff, what would you rather do, your work that you are in charge of and that is waiting for you every day as soon as you log in, or to play the judge of the world to punish this one and that one and your work remains undone.

1 Like