VIKI's Help Center Is Unacceptably Slow and Unhelpful

Although I have added numerous titles to my Watch List, only a small portion is ever shown. The rest will not load up. I notified VIKI of this bug and asked for a solution on October 5th. It is now October 23rd. 18 days have passed since I made the request, and I have yet to receive an answer. It is completely unacceptable. And even if someone had answered, it would have no doubt been just a generic response.

If only the Community would also run the Help Center. As it stands right now, it is a total mess. And the worst part is that I still cannot use the website…

R

List

1 Like

After this time I would just add another comment in the request that the problem is still happening. Sometimes a little “push” helps.
Try, since it’s already Friday … You know the office hours …
Good luck!

3 Likes

I don’t think they have any. :sweat_smile:
Thank you for your kind reply.

PS: I’ve missed you guys :blush:

1 Like

They do! Monday to Friday, 9 am till 5 pm or so.
Singapore time, of course. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL at least Saturdays and Sundays are officially off.

Yeah, we don’t get to see you often as well, but at least every once in a while. Keep the faith.

Still some work from San Francisco.

2 Likes

I guess they do, yet the times I sent in a request, I always got a notification that their office hours are then and then, Singapore time.

The Help Center is a bit… unhelpful.
I created this ticket against a Hindi subtitler over a month ago and the ticket was recently marked as solved.

This is a snapshot of the person’s contributions.

Any sane person could say, this isn’t clearly standard Hindi but did our Help Center just turn a blind eye to it? I am not sure how to comprehend the situation as. The contributions of this person are still intact, even on their RC page and on the drama channel.

A ticket was already rejected. What else can I do now in such a situation?

2 Likes

Don’t ask me why, but sometimes I feel that the HC is so overwhelmed with requests that at some point it feels like they randomly close some requests and mark them as solved when it is not the case. This is neither an accusation, nor a guess, it is purely a feeling you as a requester get at times.
What to do? If you still see it as a relevant problem, you can create a follow-up, to tell the HC - no, this problem is not solved. But be warned, unless this person messes big style, Viki rarely does anything to that subber. Why, you will ask me? Because they do not want to demotivate people from subbing. They rather demotivate the editors or moderators who need to “work” on these subtitles to make them look decent. I will never understand that logic, because there are only a few editors anyway and way more subbers, this might not apply for all languages though, …

So, I don’t know if this will help you, but be prepared as I said Viki might not use the measures you are hoping for.

4 Likes

I contacted the Viki Help Center on June 12, 2022 and recently got a response on November 27.
More than five months later. :confused:
They will loose contributors like that. I think that one month is a reasonable waiting time. But five…

3 Likes

I thought a month long wait for something that seemed important would have been unacceptable 7-8 years back.

1 Like

I believe the number of staff assigned to customer support is less than it was in 2012-2013 while the number of fans and volunteers is exponentionally greater.

2 Likes

I’ve found using Viki’s Help Twitter account was better for me, but perhaps that has changed as well.
https://twitter.com/vikistatus?lang=en

1 Like

A member of community support used to monitor the twitter account so it used to be very effective. I used it only for urgent problems like no one being able to save subs or when an abuser was creating thousands of segments by tapping the space bar and community support caught the abuser in the act and blocked him. I haven’t had any urgent problems recently so I don’t know if they are still monitoring the twitter account.

1 Like