W Discussion (may contain spoilers!)

Han Hyo Joo narrated the end^^

Well, it seems that the simpliest answer is the right oneā€¦ the author wants to kill his character because he has no idea, he never ever thought about sove the mistery of the Kang Cheol family murder.
The picture showed in the first chapters is Chronos eat their sons because there was a profecy that one of his children kill him, so eat or be eatenā€¦ the author have to kill his character or be killed by Kang Cheol.
I have a theory, what happened if Kang Cheol was drawing firstly by the authors daughter? So, she is the really author and her wishes are stronger than his fathers one, so she can change the story. She wish a happy ending for Kang Cheol.

1 Like

Agree!! I think YG is the original authorā€¦ she was living with his father by the bridge moment, and it seems that she likes the cartoon world. She wanted to be a cartoonist, but her mother insisisted to be a doctor and have money.

1 Like

With all the flashing back and forth between the worlds in ep.9, I had trouble knowing which world we were in at which time! At the end, I was thinking to myself, maybe the villain kills the dad, butā€¦ Creepy faceless guy!! D:< I was watching in the middle of the night with thunderstorms outside. Nearly had a freakinā€™ heart attack.

The show already had me questioning what I thought I knew about reality, but after the dad put his face onto the villain in the manhwa and subsequently lost it himself in the ā€˜realā€™ worldā€¦ I get the idea that once the manhwa characters attain a sense of self-awareness that theyā€™re fictional characters in a fictional world, that they can sort of bend that world to their will. But what kind of higher power made it so that the villain guy can mess with the real world?!! Is that breaking the rules or are the rules way more complicated that Iā€™d have imagined?

Shouldā€™ve waited until the final week to start watching. As always, I couldnā€™t stop myself.

2 Likes

I belive that is culp is the evil when he entered in the drama the firt time he created the enter in two worlds this is posible that kang Cheol is here in the real word on other hans when the writer the give his face he created to exist in the real world (ep 9) if he was give other face to the evil he not lose her face only can recover his face when his assistant will back drawing and change the things in the history.My second theory is that she will can create other end for the history she could be the only person that change, must be she is the firt character the w, and when opend the portal of the two worlds anyone the reald world created two alternatives realities.

1 Like

I wish it could have been a better ending, and donā€™t ask cause I really donā€™t know at this time. this was a good refreshing story! I really liked it, almost like a parallel universe. so who is to say whats real and what isnā€™t. I heard our dreams go into that category too. so I did like that show.

1 Like

Mysterious Ep 17
Just finished this drama as a fantasy drama filler while waiting for Court Lady to fill up with episodes and subs.
Was looking forward to episode 17 as the thumbnail suggested that it may have been an animated episode drawn in the same style of the webtoon in the drama. Only thing is Iā€™m not able to play that episode, it doesnā€™t have the white play arrow in a circle but when you hover over the thumbnail the blue play arrow appears but doesnā€™t actually do anything. Does this episode exist? It says itā€™s 1 hour long and has 100% EN subs. Has anyone actually seen it and is it animated?
Is it so special that I have to go into the webtoon world as it will only play from the other side.:upside_down_face:
W%20ep17

2 Likes

Ha! :smile:

You may be watching it on your laptop etc., try Watching on your phone/ tablet, on the Viki App!:sparkles::wink:

2 Likes

Nope, just downloaded the app and Ep 17 doesnā€™t even show up. The same nothing happens when I try to play it via browser on the phone. Oh well, guess it will remain a mystery episode!

2 Likes

Must be a region thing, mines work on the app, using the phone, but when I log in to chrome, and access it there, nothing!

1 Like

Guess so since itā€™s marked as a special. Is it an animated episode or just a ā€˜making ofā€™ show?

2 Likes

Iā€™m rewatching, itā€™s been since it aired I watched, will let you know, rewatching only episode 17

2 Likes

Well, 2:35 in, and it shows a fight between the writer of the webtoon, and Kang Cheol - Lee Jong Sukā€™s character, who tries to rewrite the toonā€™s ending.

2 Likes

Oh, so itā€™s not actually animated?

3 Likes

No, is not animated. Itā€™s a recap of the whole drama. Served no purpose in my opinion. This is the beginning of Episode 17

3 Likes

I see (or rather I canā€™t see! :smile:) Oh well, no loss then. I just thought that as the thumbnail was in the form of a cartoon frame that it might have been animated. Would have been a neat tie-in to the show!

3 Likes

It is a special episode and i can watch it on my app i just checked it now. I have already watched it long back some where else after finishing the series. Back at that time w is not licensed in my region on viki.Now it is available. And i really like stuff like making videos/CAST talking about the drama and all,so it is a funfilled episode for me and i liked it very much. Hope you like it too.

2 Likes

Are we talking Korean ā€œWā€ with Lee Suk? One of my favorites

lee%20suk%202%20worlds

He is so HOT - I am gonna have to re-watch now

3 Likes

Oh my GOSH I cannot EVEN!

@leerla73 (donā€™t tell on me)

2 Likes

Ha! Hahahaha! Haha! :laughing::rofl:

He slays when he was even younger, in ā€œI hear Your Voiceā€ with Lee Bo Young :sparkles::wink::+1:t5:

3 Likes