What are some good Jdramas for a newbe to watch

what are some good Jdramas for a newbe to watch.? I do like mysteries, scifi, on yeah romance too. I loved the Scientific, sorry don’t rem,eber all the name. about the these kinda misfits getting together and solving crimes, a perfectionist, a guy that had issues, one that didnt associate with people. and so on. ncisc I think it was called, so any more?

Hi there!
If you like medical dramas with a twist Painless: The Eyes for Signs could be something for you. It was something I really enjoyed watching.

I have seen the ad but just haven’t watched.I will start watching that one then

Hi, here are some J-dramas I’ve enjoyed:

• Pride (sport, romance)
  • Jin (medical, time travel)
  • Hana Yori Dango (korean version: Boys Over Flowers)
  • Hanazaki no Kimitachi (korean version: To the beautiful You)
  • Nobuta wo Produce (school, friendship)
  • Rich Man, Poor Woman (comedy, romance)
  • Nodame Cantabile (comedy, music, romance)
  • Hotaru no Hikari (comedy, romance)
  • Absolute Boyfriend (comedy, romance)
  • From Five To Nine (comedy, romance)
2 Likes

If you like mysteries, take a look at “Galileo.” It’s a series about a rookie detective who joins up with a physicist to investigate mysterious events. When you say “romance,” I don’t know if you mean rom-coms or dramas. If it’s the latter, I would recommend “All About My Siblings,” which is a heartfelt family drama with a few romantic subplots. If you check that one out, don’t be put off by the brothers’ bickering in the first episode. Stick with it and you won’t be disappointed. I think you’ll love the theme song, too.

#2 as well, I also saw #3 on youtube would be great to see more like that!Galilo was an awesome one, and $ure would like to see more like that. there was another but can’t remember that name. thanks for the idea, I will do my “research” today I did like that scientific team

Sunshine (OhiSama) is an superb drama albeit long and not completely subtitled. Also The Second to the Last Love (1&2) are very good.

Hi Mary!
I liked this series
https://www.viki.com/tv/27829c-second-to-last-love
https://www.viki.com/tv/27838c-second-to-last-love-2
In the Japanese version, the characters were strangely all more oddball alike, but still felt realer.
I don’t know if you have seen this movie
https://www.viki.com/movies/23199c-bunny-drop
It’s cute.
Crime/Law Series:
Border, Legal High,

Oddballs:
Date, Hotaru No Hikari 1+2, Kekkon Shinai

My favorite:
Pride, Rich Man Poor Woman, Tonbi

1 Like

I very much agree that Sunshine is among the top Japanese dramas available on Viki, and would be quick to recommend it.This drama is beautifully filmed, very heartfelt and true to the period. And the production quality is top-notch. I’d like to add that although it’s not yet fully subtitled, the project is active and subtitling is continuing.

Now, I think I’m going to have to put the “Second to Last Love” series on my watch list!

oh boy more to pick & watch! Thanoks!!!

I don’t think it’ll ever be subtitled here because it’s being used to train new segmenters :confused:

I have mostly watched crime, mystery or medical shows

Perfect Insider
Flashback
Scientific Task Force (show you already watched)
Galileo show and movies
Painless eyes for signs

Based on anime/web toon

Death Note (live action TV show…Loved the actor who played L)
Future Diary
Gantz

Drama/romance

Hours of My Life (need a box of Kleenex for this show)
Last Cinderella
Lavender (movie)
Sweet Bean (movie)

I’m sorry I missed this. Subtitling in English for Sunshine was completed in May. It’s now also subtitled in French.