What are the best ramyeon, ramen? 🍜

Hey!

My favorite ramyeon that I buy at the supermarket are: Nongshim Shin Ramyun Noodle Soup, Gourmet Spicy!
The first time I tried them, I was crying :joy: not because they were delicious (they were!) but they were sooo spicy for me! 1 spicy bag is too much, I only add about half of it now!
But I didn’t try all ramyeon, ramen in the world so I might be tasting your recommendations if I can find them!
http://www.nongshimusa.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/img_prd_noodle_01.jpg

Fun fact: I decided to learn hangul alphabet because I wanted to know if it was written Shin Ramyun on the bag, which is correct! xd (but I gave up on learning hangul alphabet for the moment, let’s learn one language at a time!)

3 Likes

I buy buckwheat noodles they have even organic ones. If I have chicken bone broth I use that with or without chicken meat, I add cut vegetables as it cooks, don’t want it overcooked, if without meat I drop in an egg and when finished cooking just before serving I add my own kimchi. If I make it with chicken broth I just a bit of salt and black pepper if with water only I add BRAGG’S soy sauce which is liquid aminos also organic meaning no gmo soy incl. pesticide.

Fresh veggies can be whatever is on hand, carrot peels, radish, mushroom, spring onion, garlic, cucumber, broccoli and zucchini. I forgot to mention, I also use seaweed from Maine, it’s my favorite!!
http://www.ironboundisland.com

3 Likes

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61rJhej-WfL.jpg

Hands down the best ramen out there. I’m just kidding; it’s just the one I grew up eating. I am so in love with any type of ramen, but my family doesn’t buy ramen anymore because of the amount of sodium. TT

3 Likes

My siblings are in love with this one:
http://www.allkpop.com/upload/2015/01/content/buzz_1421343104_20150115_firenoodles_1.jpg
Although ALL my siblings love it, I only ate one noodle and I had to down 10 gallons of water.

5 Likes

I love those! They’re lying in my kitchen right now. Haha

That ramen looks so good, but I’m not ready to drink gallons of milk/water yet. :joy:

1 Like

My favorite both are those

They are not very spicy
 That is why I add of some plili plili :laughing: because I love eat spicy food ^^

2 Likes

I ate those all the time! I have a very HIGH heat range, so usually they don’t affect me, but my mom and brother were dying when they ate that. My mom stopped buying it though saying that I am going to give myself an ulcer :frowning: It’s so sad

3 Likes

Having eaten all the trending Korean ramen in the past, my favorite noodles are samyang’s nagasaki noodles (NOODLE ONLY). I think the ones I ate with the most pleasure were paldo’s seollongtang. Boil with kimchi and it is perfectly seasoned.

I have eaten the best Japanese ramen in my city minus the most popular one and I couldn’t tell the difference between them. Honestly preferred the X over rice dishes.

In terms of best noodles I ate in my life, the cold buckwheat noodles from Choi Family Restaurant in my city (씜가냉멎) had the yummiest broth I ever ate. The other two places that had good buckwheat noodles were in Korea and in my hometown. Both are good but this first place’s broth is better.

I also liked the pan-fried noodles at the best Vietnamese restaurant in my city :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I had Neang Myeong before (sorry for my romanization, I actually don’t have a Korean keyboard on my laptop). I like it in the summer, but sometimes the noodles are so chewy that I don’t have the patience to chew it throughly before swallowing
 or I get a brain freeze. The Neang Myeong here in Canada doesn’t taste very good though
 I’m kind of jealous.

4 Likes

I also like Nagasaki (the white broth type, not the red). Although it’s white broth, it’s still spicy! I also like Paldo’s Bool Jjampong (ë¶ˆì§Źëœ•).

But my all time favorite is Nongshim’s Neoguri. I think it’s probably because I grew up eating it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Samyang’s Bool Dakbokggeummyun is way too spicy for me!

1 Like

I thought nagasaki noodles white broth was needlessly spicy and salty. We use the noodles to make kimchi stew. The noodles are so chewy and nice.

I never dared try the spicy fire noodles (ë¶ˆë‹­ëł¶ìŒë©Ž). I am horrible with spicy things.

2 Likes

I usually add a little extra water to Nagasaki to make it less spicy and salty. I still like it though. :slight_smile: I tried that spicy fire chicken noodle ramen once and one bite was enough for me!

3 Likes

These are my personal faves

Nongshim is considered the leader of the (Korean) ramyeon industry, I think. Of all its products, I love the Blacks best. I like the Neoguri too (I love spicy!) 
 and the ‘cold noodles’ are yummy.

Nongshim, Shin Ramyun Black

Singapore Laksa Wholegrain La Mian

Nissin Laksa

I haven’t tried some of the others mentioned here. They look good too. All this talk of noodles is making me crave for some now :yum: (too bad I’m without any atm :disappointed:)

4 Likes

I love the shin ramyun black too!!! Shin Ramyun is the go to default though my house is teeming with Jin Ramyun.

3 Likes

Yes, Shin Ramen Black is also good!

2 Likes

They are definitely my best too!
I can eat some everyday, trust me.