What are you currently watching?

I agree with you that CJW looks much younger than his age. Also, he not only has a youthful face, but he has shown that he can be both silly and serious. Warrior Baek Dong Soo comes to my mind, where he went from bumbling silly character to a warrior. He could have easily done the same with On Dal’s character.

2 Likes

@choitrio
I am looking to see if I find Warrior Baek Dong Soo, but so far no luck. I love CJW acting except the rookie one omg what a junk and disappointment to me bc they both are good young actors (I forget the girl’s name ugh). Thanks for mentioning that one. Let me tell you CJW was perfect for ON DAL role but what can we do?

I’m just praying for that young man Ji Soo not to fall in depression and do something stupid. I hope he handle this well and overcome this bad experience and learn his lesson… When we are young we make mistakes, and just bc someone wants to get money from him now I hope this doesn’t bring terrible consequences. He can overcome this and move on. In my opinion they should have let him finish the drama and deal with the legal stuff that was punishment enough. The drama was already 95% done; what a waste of time. All the actors/actress are redoing the scenes with the new guy without getting paid; that’s so ridiculous.

PS>>>wow the new guy is horrible as On Dal. I think I’m not watching it anymore. His facial expression as an idiot/bobo is terrible. What a waste.

1 Like

Sorry… I was confused about which show you were talking about.

1 Like

It’s all good. Need your help here…Hope you can help me. How can I know/find out, if a drama is pre-subbed? Do you know? Anyone knows?. I will appreciate a list of the dramas pre-subbed during February and now in March. On air dramas. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Here are three recent dramas that came pre-subbed that I know of.

You can usually tell they are pre-subbed because there are no Kor-Eng subbers, only a TE in the subtitle team.

2 Likes

cgwm808

Wrote info about pre-subbed shows on a different thread.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the information. Appreciate the tip. Sweet dreams.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll check all the info in the thread tomorrow. Feel sleepy right now. Sweet dreams.

1 Like

Hello,
Well, imagine that at the moment I am not looking at anything, it’s the sidereal void. I’m between Mouse and The river where the moon rises.
Yesterday evening I watched an average movie (Are you in love?) It can be watched but nothing more.

2 Likes

Nope, Backstreet Rookie was with Kim Yoo Jung image
RWTMR stars Kim So Hyun from School 2015/ Love Alarm, etc.

Yes, I was happy that Ji Soo had his first main role, but he didn’t seem to fit the character. Whenever I think of actors that are able to play off a stupid/silly but also serious characters, Yoo Shi Yoon comes to mind
He’s honestly SO good at playing dual roles, I loved him in both Psychopath Diary and Your Honour. He seemed to overdo his facial expressions a bit in Your Honor, but he played identical twins and I was in awe of how easily I could tell them apart!!
He’s such an adorable-little-goofball-but-total-badass not-psychopath in Psychopath Diary…and he really, really can ACT. I didn’t even care about there being no romance in it because his acting is such a pleasure to watch! I love how he moves his face and expresses emotions. It’s not only in his eyes, his whole face expresses how he’s feeling, and I could sit here all day watching him go from gummy, fluffy grin to that cold, badass slit-smile in seconds.

4 Likes

I always confuse those two girls although they don’t look alike so much. Well, I honestly didn’t watched the whole show (Backstreet Rookie) but some parts available in (another site) with very poor quality in it, ads that keeps blocking the scenes; so I jumped to see the ending that’s when I saw they both bowed to the public, and showed the recording crew as an ending of the drama.

I don’t watch school age kids dramas unless I know they’ll ‘‘grow’’ in the drama. That is why I can hardly tell them apart. Thanks for clarifying that for me bc I’m more aware of the girl’s differences now, although I have made the same mistakes before with these 2 girls. lol

PS. I only saw Kim Yoo Jung when she was younger in the drama Mary something and Embracing the Moon. All others, I didn’t like the story so I never saw them. Kim So Hyun, I saw Love Alarm, Fight on Ghost? and I skimmed through another one but can’t even remember what was about. I feel that both girls have so much potential but the roles they give them don’t allow them to grow in the industry. And look now when this girl (Kim So Hyun), has a great role fighting with swords and all, they change the guy, and I refuse to watch because the new guy doesn’t appeal to me for that role. They have no right to decide for the public. They should have done a poll or something and let us decide if Ji Soo stayed or not.

1 Like

@vivi_1485, I forgot about Yoo Shi Yoon! You are right that he can pull off being both silly and serious. I don’t remember him in a historical warrior role though.:thinking:

1 Like

nope, he has only one sageuk Grand Prince… but I read about the character of On Dal and thought it suited him :sweat_smile: I’m currently very, VERY impressed with the guy and thought I’ll do a marathon of his dramas while I wait for LJG and LDH to pick new dramas :grin:

1 Like

Check out The Best Hit. I personally enjoyed it.

2 Likes

It’s on my watchlist!!! Also please the scene after 33:00 of Episode 10 is the funniest thing I’ver seen in SUCH a long time :rofl::rofl: it had me writhing on the floor watching that adorable idiot try to use his fluffy little brain for once to ‘sneak in and kill someone’ using The Godfather as a reference and frustrating the HECK out of the actual villain. The entire drama is basically him driving the villain completely insane :rofl::rofl: I’ve never seen a drama like that!

1 Like

I personally don’t think (YSY) can pull it off because he’s too ‘‘goofy’’ and won’t match the role just like Na In Woo with that ‘‘pouchy’’ mouth, and weird frowny face. At one point during battle they need to get serious in the fighting sword role so YSY doesn’t look like he can handle the sword. We have seen the guy from Empress Ki [JCW] look silly, and get the warrior role down to the ‘‘T’’

Another thing, ON Dal and the girl do have a long romantic story, and this guy (YSY) is no romantic material. Of course, that’s my personal opinion from all the roles I’ve seen him so far. Contrary to JCW that can make great romantic scenes with all of his FL in dramas. I saw him in a Chinese drama and he was fantastic there too (don’t ask me the title bc I’m bad with asian titles and names).

That is the funniest critique of a move I’ve seen in along time! :grin:

3 Likes

Just asking, which of YSY’s dramas have you watched??

btw have y’all noticed the way all other serials’ episodes end at total cliffhangers or at least some sort of intriguing point while Chinese dramas just love to stop at the most RANDOM places??! Like they’ll complete a suspenseful moment and then everything will be fine and everyone’s going about doing their duty and someone takes a bite of a sandwich and then FREEZE…ending theme song! :joy::joy: I find it so weird and hilarious, I’ll be sitting there suddenly cut off and wondering what just happened

2 Likes

From YSY I have seen quite a few dramas. I loved him in Me too flower and King of Baking. started Psycopath Diary but the story didn’t appeal to me so I dropped it by the middle of the episodes.

Me Too, Flower!

King of Baking, Kim Takgu

Prime Minister & I

Mirror of the Witch

Nokdu Flower

Psychopath Diary

2 Likes

Just finished re- watching Sisyphus, and now watching LOVE ALARM 2. Sisyphus amazingly well done the back and forth story is so well coordinated, truly a work of art. Hope u guys can see it too.

3 Likes