What are you currently watching?

I did that last weekend I did a W rewatch! I hope everything is OK. Time to unwind with Lee Jong Suk - and that beautiful chemistry they have from the get-go

1 Like

Oops…it’s rated 18+ :grimacing: for violence?

OH MY GOODNESS the animation and CGI just gets better and better!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

The story though… it feels like a mix of Moana, Brave and Frozen… the title design looks like Rio + Frozen + Moana :grimacing: Maybe I’ve watched WAYYYYY too many Disney movies :woman_shrugging: also what’s up with the main character? She looked like she’s wearing Chinese-ish clothes and the soundtrack sounds a little Asian(and the whole dragon thing)… but then it feels South American at the same time?

1 Like

I’m an Editor on this one but wasn’t really interested in the drama at first… but somewhere along episode 8 I started warming up to the characters :sweat_smile:
There’s less skinship, but I really like the rapport and interaction between the leads— very natural. The FL is really nice. Easygoing, smart and not a doormat at all. ML is tsundere-ish but he’s pretty nice after he stops being TOTAL tsundere :joy: SML is a bratty little airhead of a chaebol; glad I won’t be getting SLS on this one LOL
just go skippity skip skip over the FL’s mom scenes… it’s not like anyone listens to her anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@vivi_1485, Voice is a crime, thriller drama so it is violent, but as with all k-dramas, the really graphic scenes are blurred out. You are so mature for your age that I sometimes forget that you are still a minor. I am enjoying the first season of Voice but the translator in me is noticing quite a bit of mistakes which makes me realize how much the quality of English subtitles has improved at Viki lately.

8 Likes

Yes, I had to look up where they were going with the ethnicity - it said southeast Asian but it was a blend. I liked it the story was super funny and cute and the CGI was AMAZING

1 Like

Sometimes it is crazy, I watched
Sell Your Haunted House
and thought I could stay in genre with
Bring it on Ghost
just to feel bored after watching 3 episodes (will try again …)
last time someone mentioned that
Familiar Wife
had some time traveling in the story, and that is a genre that normally works for me, but I didn’t get that far (like above, see you later) and then I ended up watching
The Third Charm
I can sense why so many people might not like the story, for me, it was a new experience since this drama doesn’t go down the usual K-drama plot. I seriously like his parents, and even more his sister … Anyway, I am aware why the drama got so little love.
@ninjas_with_onions
Did you watch this one, as it has pretty low ratings for Viki standards?

I’m ALL over the place! Watching a little Lawless Lawyer because At a Distance Spring is Green made me cry and Navirella also is the FEELS so needed some Fighting Scenes from Lee Joon Gi for a moment!

1 Like

What’s the name?

I hardly even noticed the subs before I started volunteering… now every grammatical or punctuation mistake keeps me up at night :joy::joy:

1 Like

lmao I’ve seen this before but it’s really really funny every time I watch it:
https://subber.viki.com/sandbox
It’s an oooooooold Viki ad (When it was more of a social networking site than a streaming service) which is now used for segging practice :joy::joy: Their depiction of us volunteers totally cracks me up every time!

Bring it on Ghost!

3 Likes

@angelight313_168
I know you love W - Have you ever seen this fan meeting - I watch it when I want to smile. Lee Suk is not a dancer but he was working so HARD for his fans!!! I love him!

2 Likes

Oh sorry! I actually think its a sweet video - he just isn’t a dancer and learned the routine for his fans - I think he just got out of breath because he’s not used to it. It just makes me smile because he seems like he is having fun. Lee Suk I have read in interviews actually blushes really easily because he is actually pretty shy and gets embarrassed really easily.

I love it when he says “Aigoo”

2 Likes

currently hiding here on Viki because there’s a guy delivering a speech in my online class and I think I’m dangerously close to having a crush :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil: WHERE ARE MY KDRAMA OPPAS PLEASE COME SAVE ME!
Decided to watch Touch Your Heart for the fifth time… LDW should be a good antidote :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Watched Seobok over the weekend. Gong Yoo was great as always. Presents the dilemma of immortality and and being God as in who should live and who should die. Have your tissue box handy though. I should add that it has a LOT of action scenes.

Currently watching a fun C-drama on NF called The Rational Life. 38 episodes which I wasn’t happy about but it’s been keeping me interested episode after episode. I’m currently on ep 32. Plot line: older woman falls in love with a younger man (12 years difference) in an office setting. The male lead also starred in Meteor Garden.

2 Likes

JUST finished the last episode of [MAD FOR EACH OTHER] on ntfx. SO SADDDDDDDDDDDD is over, but it had a :musical_note: Happy…Happy Ending…Happy, happy ending!:musical_note:

2 Likes

Oh, I’m going to watch it today!

1 Like

I actually do! I keep it low key! W is actually one of my favorites! On another thread I opened up about my crush on Lee Suk ---- I have a great friend who just adores him so I try to be good!!! hahahahahah!

I won’t post my favorite photo of him!!! Here I’ll put some in Hottie Posse!!!

2 Likes

It was short, but sweet :blush:

1 Like

Nevertheless - Song Kang!

1 Like