What are you currently watching?

I loved it. It’s very much a comedy.

4 Likes

2 Likes

ahhhh I am LOVING Tomorrow With You(still on Episode 9)!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Soompi was so right in calling a drama that “feels like autumn”. It’s deep, it gets dark sometimes, it’s a little depressing sometimes, but it’s so heartwarming and hilarious at the same time! The OTP chemistry is sooooooooo natural and beautiful!! :heart_eyes:

It starts out a little rocky, and the FL kept getting drunk and I wondered how much I’d have to put up with, but I think her drunkenness was just a plot-device to get to the wedding stage because the two of them would never have gotten along if everyone was in their right minds.

I love the way the drama is shot. Our ML keeps travelling to the future and back, but it isn’t very confusing because they use different screen proportions and filters. I love how the writers make you feel like their life in the present is so much better than the future scenes. It really makes you treasure and want to live in the present, not worrying about what the future holds but enjoying life with your loved one right where you are. I love the character growth.

I usually am very particular on having endings which promise a forever “happily ever after.” But this drama makes me want to enjoy their burning, sweet chemistry for as long as it will last. It doesn’t look like this one will have a very happy ending, but I really love the way the writers make you stop worrying about the future and focus on the here and now. Beautifully thought-out dialogues and screenplay too.
image image image

3 Likes

I’m enjoying it with you! I love his charisma well both of them! Very strong characters and him trying to figure out why he is so drawn to someone when he never tried to help anyone before! He is very charming in a subtle adorable way!

I think this was DOOM’s message also to LIVE and Keep LIVING

2 Likes

so many plus points!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s such a different drama! How far have you reached?(Don’t wanna spoil anything!)

1 Like

20 minutes only…:frowning: Is for the best since the subject matter is too complicated, and the short drama only address the ‘‘shaman’’ issue. Is a bit concerning but both ML and FL are amazing in their roles. WORTH WATCHING although is a HS drama for those who are not inclined to watch those (myself included).

The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim

The Great Shaman Ga Doo Shim

3 Likes

aka High School or what?

1 Like

Hello! It only has 2 episodes so far. Give it time, but yea, the episodes are only 20 minutes. I’m a segger on that show. :smiley: I think the translators don’t have enough time to translate the EPs. It dropped at 5 am. We had the two episodes segged by 6:30 am on Friday.

I am waiting to lovers for Lovers of the Red Sky

Not sure when the premiere is - sometime in August. I want to work on this show. I along with about 150+ others have applied to be the channel manager. :grin:

6 Likes

Kwak Si Yang - he is in it!!! I LOVE HIM!

1 Like

@lutra

Yes, High School. They totally ignore that these kids are committing suicide from left to right, and are mainly concentrating on getting the ‘‘evil ghost.’’ It’s hard for me to see so many suicides in 2 episodes so far. There was also a murder that doesn’t even get investigated It’s going to be 12 episodes 20 minutes a bit less long.

1 Like

I don’t think the drama will ‘‘touch’’ the suicide issue bc they are mainly interested in the young kid’s ‘‘shaman’’ power issue. In those 2 episodes, I saw two suicides and 1 murder and they were completely ignored which seems so cruel in my eyes.

1 Like

I think I gave up on High School stories, the only thing that is really new about each one, is the cast and their skill/chemistry or not. I think I am travelling in @frustratedwriter 's footsteps with Maiden Holmes and now Imperial Coroner …

2 Likes

I’ve seen that drama in the coming soon section for a LOOOONG time now… I almost gave up on it ever premiering

1 Like

I need HELP. I haven’t been able to move on from Episode 9 of Tomorrow with You. I’ve been STUCK since yesterday, rewinding and rewinding because

1. They are way too adorable for me to handle
  2. I DO NOT WANT to see the angsty future. I want them to live in this happy bubble forever and ever and EVER.
3 Likes

According to Mydramalist, Lovers of the Red Sky will premiere on August 23rd. I read the novel and I think the ML and FL are perfect for the roles.

5 Likes

But it always works out in the end. I’m going to catch up with you if you don’t move on!

Giphy

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll catch up. I haven’t moved at all. :flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Thank you for the date! I think those two are perfect also. I can’t wait for this one! :smiley:

3 Likes

I want to be able to love this one because I love those two, but it sounds like it might involve a lot of pain. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I’ve been binge-watching Love and Redemption. Wow! It’s a fantasy of the clashes between celestial, mortal, and demon realms. It has 59 episodes but not one episode is boring. The plot keeps moving along, the characters are all interesting and well developed. It has good guys, bad guys and ‘gray area’ characters with compromised values. It’s well done. Are all celestials automatically good? Are all demons automatically bad? What about the mortals?

The ML, Cheng Yi, is very cute. :grin: Do NOT look at this spoiler until you get past episode 39 Sifeng looks really fine in his demon persona of a brilliant red-gold bird. Whoo! :sunglasses:

The Second ML, Liu Zue Yi, is an actor that I’ve liked on other shows. He’s a celestial king who sneaked into the mortal realm to babysit his god of war through her 10th incarnation. He’s a complex character.

And the second FL, Zhang Yu Xi, was a vampire on another show I watched last year. The other actors are all new to me and are very good in their roles. I have not peeked at the last episode so I don’t know what will happen to everyone.

If you watch this DO NOT SKIP episodes or you will miss the vital clues that are dropped throughout.

3 Likes