What are you currently watching?

Yes, the longer I watch I’m surprised at his skills and charm!! Thank you for working on this drama… it is better than I expected… there are some serious scenes and then really funny ones!! He really looks a bit like a young Hu Ge

1 Like

This pic says it all about his character. :sunglasses: He is a master at ‘skating by’. :rofl:

Here you go. From Love and Redemption.

But my favorite character in Love and Redemption was Sifeng.
sifeng

2 Likes

A Murderous Affair in Horizon Tower
I watched this Cdrama a few weeks back and I was very impressed with it! It doesn’t sound dubbed over. The story kept me guessing as to who the murderer was. All the episodes are on YT and English subbed.

A woman is found dead in her home in a rich housing complex. The detectives identify several different potential suspects for the murder. As they listen to the suspects’ stories, the detectives dig deeper into the life of the dead woman. Eventually they find the truth.

3 Likes

Just wanted to peek at DO. I love the way the first Episode is filmed - almost looks like I’m in a storybook! :100:

Sometimes I don’t get notifications that I was mentioned! I just saw this! Added to my Supernatural Collection and I will add it to my watchlist. :wink:

4 Likes

@kdrama2020ali I know you look for dramas where two guys are ‘fighting’ for the same girl, but do you have an actual collection for that? Because I think ‘Love Better Than Immortality’ qualifies for that as well. I only watched the first and last episodes of it because I’m not usually up for that kind of love triangle, even if it stars one of my faves Zhao LuSi, but I know you are into it.

3 Likes

I do it is called - it is not totally just for love triangles but it is for those “guys”

Guy In :fire: Pursuit!

2 Likes

I already finish “Tomorrow with you”, it was great because I forgot a lot of details and this is a really good show.

Currently watching Hello Mr. Gu, a lot of cliches but I kind of like it!!

3 Likes

That sounds so funny! :joy:

How would you know it was great if you had forgotten the details? :smirk:
Just kidding! I mean no harm. Just having some fun with you. :innocent: Please feel free to tear apart my English any time! :rofl:

1 Like

triste-valtatui

Just kidding, I’m not that kind of person, no worries.
That happens when you write fast, and you’re having multiple conversations in different languages. :wink:

BTW. I mean, I had forgotten!

2 Likes

I am ENJOYING Police University. It’s is a pure-bred, distinctly-kdrama K-DRAMA. The episodes just get funnier and funnier. The writers are having the time of their LIVES teasing the viewers and mocking drama stereotypes. I’ve laughed until I can laugh no more and still keep rewinding episode 6 :joy::joy:

You have to take the drama with a grain of salt because it doesn’t even take its own self seriously. Cha Tae Hyun and Jinyoung make such a hilariously awkward detective duo :rofl::rofl: and Krystal’s just starting to get equal screen-time. The mystery is mostly a side element, with the comedy taking center stage. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to laugh freely like this without cringing too much or getting annoyed by some character. All the characters till now have been a delight to watch.

2 Likes

Well, I write fast or slow and I still have too many typos. And while I am not fluent I do speak several languages. My English syntax gets whacked all the time so I have to rethink how to type something. Then I have the bad habit of changing languages mid-sentence which really throws people who don’t speak those languages. :scream: :rofl:

2 Likes

Sounds good to me!!

1 Like

That makes me want to watch Police University even more! I didn’t realize it was going to be such a comedy.

1 Like

Watching this awesome short drama/show!
Will put a request here at RVIKI!!! You can see a trailer on YT. So perfect in my eyes.
[Three Color Fantasy: Queen of the Ring]

@my_happy_place

Let me know how you like Police University. I dropped it bc I hate to see serious situations in life, taken as a comedy/mockery, and making a joke of a painful situation (this happened at the beginning of the drama/mid episode 1) I know the main guy is very funny bc the guy from SCANDAL MAKERS is main guy there. All his dramas I’ve seen with him on it are funny. He is really good in comedy his name is Cha Tae-hyun
The one I loved the most and laughed non stop: Because I Love You

2017 ‧ Drama/Fantasy ‧ 1h 50m
Because I Love You (2017 film) - Wikipedia
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Because_I_Love_You_(2017_film))

I actually don’t have access to Police University right now, so I won’t be watching it any time soon, even though I really want to.

That’s understandable. I’ve had that happen, too, but it is really a case-by-case basis.

I remember seeing Cha Tae-Hyun in an interview or on a variety show a while back and thinking that I’d really like to see him in something. I haven’t yet and was looking forward to seeing him in this, along with Jinyoung whom I like. Eventually I will get to it.

Oh, I just found that he is in “The Best Hit” with Yoon Shi Yoon and Kim Min Jae, all of whom I like, so maybe I will have to move that one up my watch list.

2 Likes

He’s also in Team Bulldog but you will have to brace yourself for really really heinous crimes and a terribly annoying FL. But the detective team is HILARIOUS. They just can’t be serious while on the job and my stomach hurt laughing at their antics.

I don’t remember any serious situation that was mocked in Police Uni. Things are taken lightly, but I didn’t see any blatant mockery. No black/dark comedy that I noticed. I hate that genre. I just saw that in the beginning, the drama is still not sure whether it’s a mystery-thriller or a rom-com, but then it takes a swerve into the rom-com genre and hasn’t regretted it one bit.

I’m also watching “The Bond” and seriously doubting the writers’ romantic capabilities… I’ve been able to ship only two of the four couples they’re hinting at. Aside from the small romantic experiments, it’s a wonderfully heartwarming drama.

1 Like

I recently started watching ‘Mr. Fox and Miss Rose’. I was expecting it to be one of those cutesy, cheesy, cliche-filled dramas with a potentially questionable plot and probably some annoying characters that I would feel the need to skip through, just so I could watch the romance. But here I am, halfway through, and I haven’t skipped a thing. It has been such a pleasant surprise. Hopefully it keeps up the pace and interest, but it is a Cdrama with 30 episodes, so the potential for dragging is still in play.

2 Likes

The reviews for it are terrible! :flushed: Nobody seems to be able to agree on whether the worst part of the show was the FL, the ML or the show itself :joy:

I know! But I decided to go for it anyway. :sweat_smile: I went into it with low expectations, and it certainly is no great work of art, but I realized that my hand hasn’t really gone near the skip button the whole time. We’ll see if that continues to be the case.

The FL’s character comes from an isolated tribe that has had no contact with the outside world, so she is incredibly naive and doesn’t understand the way of things and comes off as a bit childish, sort of like the FL in Legend of the Blue Sea, but I actually like this FL more.

The ML is essentially a conman and a ‘boss’ of his crew, so he’s no role model, but he isn’t overbearing in the same way as some of this character type can be, and he is mostly really sweet with the FL, despite the less than truthful start to their interactions.

I can see why not everyone loves these types of characters, and clearly they are both in need of some character development, but I am willing to give them the time to achieve that because I actually find them endearing in their own ways.

The plot may not be great, but it is different enough and interesting enough that I am enjoying it. There is a bit of a mystery involved that keeps me wondering what will happen next.

1 Like