What are you currently watching?

As much as I would like to watch, I do not have a source, this is the curse of MBC dramas. SBS there is a chance for the “normal” weekdays drama, KBS there is a chance for the “normal” weekdays drama plus the weekend drama, plus some daily dramas.
But MBC in Germany is …

3 Likes

Aww, I hope things change soon!

3 Likes

yes I did Jiu Liu overlord

1 Like

26 YEARS

LOVE CLINIC

1 Like

Ooo! This movie is a thriller-seat-grabber! YIKES! :scream: :fearful: :grimacing: That bad guy is scary, horribly brutal, BAD!!!
This movie is not for kids. But it’s very well made. AND!!! It is Bo-gummy’s first movie! He has a small part at the beginning. We just finished segging it now. It came with English subs so you can watch it already.

BLIND

3 Likes

Anyone Watch This??? Sounds Fluffy and Cute

1 Like

@porkypine90_261

I saw this movie and is so sad! I cried a lot. Prepare. tissues people; it’s a heartbreaking story.
At least the ending makes up a bit for all the pain you go through watching this story that I’ve seen a slight different versions from different countries.

I’ve been mondo busy - too busy to binge on J- and K- dramas - but back from the frenzy and looking for something new.

Japanese culture is much more interesting to me than Korean - and I’m studying Japanese so immersion in the language is important - and still frustrated at the comparative sparsity of J-dramas on Viki. But I’m happy to see that some new ones have been added, even though most of them are (* groan *) Rom-Coms. “You, Me and Bach” is another Rom-Com, but the context of music will hopefully make it more interesting - and hopefully lots of great music in the soundtrack.

I’ve been agitating for Viki to add some more-serious Japanese dramas in other genres - medical dramas like “Doctor X,” “Voice” and “Iryu,” detective shows like “Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan,” mysteries like “Subete ga F ni Naru” and “Biblia Koshodou,” my fave school-bullying thriller “Life” (which I’d really like to see again and introduce my friends to,) the bio-drama “Ryomaden,” and paranormal X-Files-type shows like “Galileo” and “Trick” - so hopefully some departures from the Rom-Com genre will happen eventually.

But relieved to finally have the time to dive into something new. So Bach it is!

5 Likes

what was your take on it?

1 Like

overlord is quite good, some scenes slow or boring, but its a drama about this girl stealing a golden thread which is valuable to the guy, and a lot of stuff develops and a romance too. I think you will like it

2 Likes

I’ds love to see more Japanese dramas too. they took some of the older dramas off, would love to see them back on here, can’t find them anywhere

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because j-dramas have only recently been suddenly added to Viki… Since the rom-com genre is most popular among viewers, they might start out with those and then slowly branch out into other genres.

2 Likes

I’m currently watching Yumi’s Cells and Hometown Chachacha… I’m loving both! Especially Yumi’s cells is so much fun to watch!

2 Likes

Vivi, I may be wrong, could have been on that other link that folded, but I thought Gallilao was on here, Mr Brain, and that weird detective that acted like sherlock, a few more but thats just a few I can recall

1 Like

I finished this one Saturday afternoon. It was rated fairly lowly by viewers (8.1) but I’m glad I watched it. It had a bit of a ‘throw your laptop’ vibe to it as the mother was an extremely controlling person when it came to her children. Unfortunately, in that kind of climate, they grew up to be really messed up adults. The ending was not happy at all and required profuse usage of tissues. I’m guessing this is why it was so poorly rated. I understood going in that this was a work of fiction, but these kinds of outcomes do happen in real life, sadly. It had nice eye candy with the two actors cast for the ML and 2ML. :wink:

1 Like

Will I like it u think?:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmmmm…
It was not a run-of-the-mill kind of drama and definitely not cute and fluffy. It was interesting for me as I was able to watch all episodes in three days. I would say it was a dark drama with some romance between the FL and the two top male leads. I’m sure some people who watched it were disappointed in the ending because it was not totally happy. In real life, totally messed up families do exist and the ending was plausible. In a nutshell, judging on what interaction I have had with you on Viki and watch parties, I think you would probably find this drama depressing so I don’t think I would recommend it to you (or Happy either). The bloodshed factor wasn’t there but the Mother played with her young kids’ minds so much, it made me cray cray.

2 Likes

I don’t mind dark - or mysterious - like K2 - but yes - I don’t need mother mind games!!! I’ll skip it for now!

1 Like

I’m currently watching

Long Ballad
Chicago Typewriter
and Love Script

I put Perfect Match on hold due to some irritation with the FL

2 Likes