What are you currently watching?

@angelight313_168, @my_happy_place, 산 (san) does mean “mountain” and 지리 (ji-ri) means 1) knowing the difference, recognizing the difference; 2) if a foolish person stays there s/he becomes wise.

5 Likes

Thank you for that @choitrio. What an interesting name for a mountain. I’d go visit to gain some wisdom if I lived there.

5 Likes

I hope you like it - It gets heart wrenching in parts - the romance is all through eyes and gestures and chivalry - not a kissy romantic show but oh so romantic!!! The characters are amazing!!!

1 Like

@choitrio

Thank you so much! You are always so helpful I couldn’t decipher the meaning in full, but found that word [Jirisan] to sound so beautiful, and that’s why was curious about the meaning.

2 Likes

I am on episode 1 at the moment

Jirisan’.

Jirisan’. and as for this, the guy in the hospital since 2019 so when did our girl get injured. oh can’t wait!! for next episode!!

2 Likes

I am on episode 3 going on 4, looking good so far, and really not bad!! so I will watch it again tomorrow! the long ballad

1 Like

@angelight313_168 You can also check their TV Guide,… be careful though, it seems to be a deep, dark, highly protected secret that must never see the light of day :roll_eyes: It’s a calendar of release dates of every new episode of every drama on Viki.
https://www.viki.com/tv-guide?locale=en

Just type “Viki TV Guide” in your search engine. I still don’t know how to find it while inside the Viki-verse.

2 Likes

On Wednesday I received 2 Viki’s notifications saying: Jirisan Ep 1 & 2 English ubtitles are ready. Watch Now! Although it was as “coming soon” or premiere was for Oct 28th, on Thursday. Episode 2 is still on “coming soon” and ep 1 is indeed subbed at 95% and not 100%. - It seems there are 2 pairs of shoes working at Viki, and why would they send out these notifications if it’s not available… are they at all aware of this? I will make a post at Help Center…

Jirisan first episode shows great photographic takes of the natural environment surrounding Jiri and the mountain itself. The fall foliage reminds me a lot of New England foliage and in particular New Hampshire including the mountains, riverbeds and falls. Korea has indeed beautiful places to explore! - If you can’t visit Jiri go hiking in New Hampshire the White Mountains :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

How weird that they sent out notifications when it wasn’t really available. Has that happened before or just with this one?

And what a gorgeous photo!

2 Likes

Yes, with LTRS I mentioned it also when I first received the notification I posted the screen shot there.

1 Like

I don’t think this is true… There were divorce rumors this year but Jun Ji Hyun’s agency denied the rumors and said they would take legal action against those who spread it. I’ve always loved her little family. She and her husband were childhood acquaintances! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh I hope you like it - if you catch up to us we will start Eps 26 or 27 on Monday as a watch party! If you can handle us crazy people!!!

long%20ballad%20arrows

2 Likes

working on it

3 Likes

yes a gorgeous picture!!

3 Likes

Anyone Watched This one??? I love the 1940s and 1930s I am looking for more! Like Chicago Typewriter

1 Like

yes it was quite good, some scenes dragged a bit, I watched cause allen was in it!, and I don’t remember the ending!! oh gosh guess another on my list!!

2 Likes

try 12 legends, that was quite good, I never finished it due to other dramas, mysterious, etc.

1 Like

Just finish love is science and lovers of the red sky. before that was love and redemption. Has anyone watch Jiu Liu Overlord?

4 Likes

Just finished writing a “review” of Jirisan. I’m only two eps in, so it’s hard to recommend it as a must-see at this point.

However, it resonates deeply with me because of my family history. I’ve never seen a K-drama quite like it, but it certainly “feels” like it’s going to go on my “top ten best K-dramas ever” list.

To say it’s beautiful is an understatement.

4 Likes

Just finished Never Twice. I’d totally recommend it to people who like family dramas. It’s heartwarming, funny and adorable. I love the concept of Nakwon Inn - “a place for lost boats to dock in as they weather the storms of life… and then go back in the world once they’re stronger”

The arcs were quite nice. The two chaebol daughter-in-laws in a bitter power struggle who finally start to love each other like sisters. The married couple who go through thick and thin together. The two gold-diggers who realize life isn’t all about money. The spunky widow who stubbornly tries to uncover the truth behind her husband’s death. The chaebol who falls in love with her. The old man who’s held a torch for his old lady for 50 years. The adorable little baby who brings everyone together. Well written and fun to watch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes