What are you currently watching?

Winter Begonia sounds interesting, I may check it out when I am in the mood for a long Chinese drama.

I am watching Flower, I Am! and so far, I like it. However, I really feel the time for the episodes, meaning that although interesting, one episode feels long. With other dramas, I can watch two episodes back-to-back and wonder where the time went.

I’m thinking about re-watching I’m Sorry, I Love You, but I don’t know if I can handle the emotions I get while watching that show. Nonetheless, it’s one of my favorites. In my opinion, it is So Ji Sub’s best and iconic role.

2 Likes

I know the feeling when I watch some Chinese dramas I want to finish their sentence to get the scene going (I feel they talk too much in dramas and movies lol). I was watching the Chinese movie ‘‘The living Dead’’ yesterday and I had to skip every 10 seconds bc i want the thing to move on already and they talk and talk… Anyway, I recommend that movie bc it’s really worth watching.
Winter Begonia (49 episodes?)I don’t think it’s that long, but it’s a type of drama that every episode leaves you anticipating for the next one but I’m waiting till more subbies are in a few episodes, then I’ll go back to watch it again. I really like it bc I saw this in Korean version with Lee Jung Ki? He was in that drama with IU she goes to the past and becomes a princess? Queen? I didn’t got to see it fully bc YT stopped the uploader fro having the rest of the episodes.

I did re-watched [I’m sorry, I love you] a while back, and is a very sad and depressing drama so I didn’t watch the whole thing through but I went to the ending bc is not that bad of an ending but it left something in the air…more affection/emotions?

I loved So Ji Sub in the one where the girl sees ghost? and the ghost torment her. He’s rich guy (like always dirt poor girl /CEO guy plot), ends up falling in love with this ‘‘naive girl’’ (she’s a great actress too I see every movie she’s in) I’m bad with Asian titles! I felt that character fit him to a ‘‘T’’ bc he’s so serious, and he was so attractive in that drama, even romantic which is rare about him… But in [Something Happened in Bali] Wow!!! he was superb bc he was so tough and manipulative and the air of mystery in him, goes all the way to the end. Have you seen those 2?

2 Likes

Lol yes, they sometimes talk too much instead of moving the plot along with their actions, but ah well. It gives me vocab practice in Mandarin :smiley: When watching Tribes and Empires, I felt that the talking was a bit much, but honestly, I didn’t mind because I liked the drama and the characters too much to be annoyed.

That’s not too long at all, I’ll give it a shot.

Are you referring to Moonlovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo? That is my all-time favorite drama, but I cannot rewatch it because I will be thrown into melancholy for a few days. I remember weeping hard while watching it. Yes, IU falls into a coma in the real world and she wakes up as the cousin to the wife of one of the princes. She befriends almost all of the princes, but in the process, she gets caught up in the political scheming, and the drama quickly goes from light-hearted due to her 21st Century actions and thinking in the Goreyo era to heavy and dark with the betrayals and fighting. But the OST is legendary, in my opinion (but I’m biased :D).

As for I’m Sorry, I Love You, I think the reason why their relationship really caught my attention was because he saw through her shield of being okay with everyone using her, and he showed her her worth. They really clicked together, and I was rooting for them all the while. His feelings about his mother were so complicated and I loved how seemingly contradictory they were. I think So Ji Sub really embodied the Cha Moo Hyuk’s humble past, his complicated present, and his tragic future (although it was a sacrifice).

I believe that one is The Master’s Sun. He was great there, too, and I believe the actress is Gong Hyo Jin.
I haven’t seen Something Happened in Bali. Is it worth watching?

1 Like

@helenama73_911

Thanks for the info you’re good with titles. I’m going to write the titles down in my notebook where I put down notes to remember the titles.I already looked for [Something happened in Bali] but they don’t have it here anymore. Maybe you can find it here or hopefully somewhere you can see it bc I really, really liked that drama bc it also has Ha Ji Won and Ji Sung? I loved them all together!

I feel we have the same taste in dramas most of the time, so I know you will like this one, and you might not like the ending but I found it so awesome and perfect for an ending in that drama. Not going to deny that I cried long and hard but if I was a writer I would have written the same ending with no regrets. I hope you find it and let me know how you liked it.

1 Like

I saw Master’s Sun as well, and I also loved the soundtrack:

2 Likes

I just started Meow, the Secret Boy (or Welcome, as the Korean title is), and I am really liking it! It’s cute, it has a beautiful kitty, and the makings of a love triangle (not that I mind). Not to mention that it’s funny. I have a Russian Blue mix and when I’m bored, I imagine what he would be like as a human, and if I was a superhero, he would be my sidekick :smile: So, the story clicks with me

2 Likes

Well, if Viki ever decides to broadcast a show about you and your supercat I will watch. :joy:

And Meow will also go on my list.

3 Likes

Btw, speaking of cats … did you ever watch this one?

3 Likes

I started “The memorist” - ofc it’s seung ho and se-young so It’s been on my watchlist since I heard they’re going to have a drama together.
I also started “hi Bye Mama” - this drama just breaks my heart every episode. I haven’t cried so much like this in a long time. I usually cry during climax of the series but with this drama, I cried since ep 1.
Currently also watching rooftop prince while waiting for new episodes of both stated above.

2 Likes

@mirjam_465

Maybe I’ll get around to writing a little series about my cat and I…one day :smiley:

Yes, I’ve seen Imaginary Cat! The relationship between Bok Gil and Jong Hyun is so adorable and I think it is the highlight of the show. The female lead was too intrusive, I didn’t like her very much. I cried at the end of the show (if I say anymore, it may spoil the show for others).

4 Likes

watching a mish mash of everything! a few minutes here a few minutes there/ although I am watching the new one excentric chef. and my roommate is a detective. going to catch up on “tell me what you saw.”

If imaginary cat is on here, may watch that too, also that new one about the cat. I went to Prime and tried to watch samari cat, but wasn’t able to get it to play, any one watch attic cat

I have watched Masters sun so many times. don’t think I want to watch it any more. and yes it was good, I did like it and I know y’all are talking about ghosts and all, so ji sub played in a drama called tetrus behind me, that one was so good, not sure its on YT now.
theres a new on Netflix oh gosh, title just zoomed over my head, he was getting married, but his wife was killed and he was stabbed in the eyes , lost his sight. don’t want to give too much away. on the first episode, looks like a detective type show,thile starts with an R
I am going to go & plant some seeds, be back later

1 Like

Yes, Imaginary Cat is here on Viki! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finished watching Incomplete Life (kdrama), Die Now (cdrama), and Meow the Secret Boy (aka Welcome, kdrama).

Dramas I’m currently watching:
Kang Koo’s Story
Circle
Goodbye Mr. Black

4 Likes

I’m watching The Investiture of the Gods, a historical fantasy Chinese drama here on Viki. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I love the characters, and the plot seems super interesting, but it is so slow. Every episode, I’m hoping the plot will finally kick in, but I’m continuously disappointed by the pacing. I just can’t stop watching because I’m so invested in the characters and I’m interested enough in their arcs that I’m forcing myself to keep clicking onto the next episode. I wouldn’t go as far as to call it a “love/hate” show, because I don’t hate any part of it. I’m just waiting for something to happen. It’s like watching paint drying. I’d rather just rewatch The Great Ruler or Novoland: Eagle Flag. Those knew how to keep your interest as well as make you care about characters.

3 Likes

I just looked it up and I see there’s two versions: https://www.viki.com/search?q=investiture%20of%20the%20gods

Which one are you watching?

I’ve got one more episode of Frankenstein’s Love to go and I’m still watching:

Amensalism
Born Again
Fleet Of Time (TH)

And a few on hold for now …

2 Likes

y’all may not believe it but not watching Healer this time. I am watching some of the older ones
1Guardian of the ancient oath, hope this one gets better
2King of blaze, not too bad
3the flames daughter, I didn’t ever finish this one so trying to do that
4 new My roommate is a detective… sherlock & watson kinda reminds me finished watching, it was good
5 re watching mystic 9 didn’t ever finish that one
6 new find me in your memory its so-so but need to finish it
7foxe’s summer, now I don’t know why I didn’t ever watch this, reminds me of some other dramas that I have watched really a good one
8 rewatching psychometric may not finish,
9 memorist finished, it was quite good
o switch, 3rd time to watch finished
11 new mystic popup bar (NF) almost like EVERGREEN one I have been looking for,
amazing the girl in she is pretty, really neat

now planning to watch OH MY BABY , still a question though.

2 Likes

I’m 5 episodes in https://www.viki.com/tv/36448c-i-will-never-let-you-go
So far so good. I like Zhang Bin Bin and saw a preview of this show on facebook and it seems cute like most of these dramas are but not too childish/silly - yet at least.

3 Likes

Blood & Water, really great actors/plot (for characters that are part of a high school clique). Couldn’t stop watching it and now I really hope there will be a season 2 because of … too many open questions^^

3 Likes

At the moment I’m watching k-drama Secret Love and c-drama Goodbye My Princess, it’s a historical drama. Usually I don’t really like CHD’s, because they are always dubbed and they have so many characters, but after reading positive reviews I decided to give this one a try. I quite like it so far and I think this will be my first CHD I’ll fully watch

4 Likes

gogh the stary noight is finally here, I am going to watch it !

3 Likes