What are you currently watching?

I’ve heard a lot here that amnesia is a cliche plot in kdrama, but I must have watched at least thirty till now, and there haven’t been any amnesia plots, (except Melting Me Softly and Suspicious Partner, but those were supporting characters)
Could someone suggest some really good amnesia-based dramas?

4 Likes

Flower of Evil revived the memory loss cliché with taste bc LJK did an amazing job in a boring ‘‘memory loss’’ theme. That drama deserves many awards, and I hope they get the attention they deserve. I have never been so pleased in my life with a drama like with Flower of Evil.

Nothing is perfect and the wait for subs was a challenge but the drama was so good that I waited with gusto/pleasure. You won’t find memory loss in the new dramas, that happened a lot with dramas from years ago and the writers got the message ppl wouldn’t waste their times with stupid memory loss theme. I dropped many dramas with that theme so writers would get the message that enough is enough.

The most ridiculous dramas were when they lost the memory over a fall and got it back by falling down again or getting hit on the head. Oh, dear me! Bringing back such bad memories I’m banging my head to get memory loss and forget those horrible story plot of memory loss.

Btw, Secret Garden was based on a memory loss event.
Kill me, heal me had memory loss involved in the story.
But they worth watching.

THIS DRAMA EPISODE ! AND 2 I have laughed so much. You must see this crazy funny drama with my crush Choi Hyuk

4 Likes

I’m not into Chinese drama since it involves so many tragedies, but although tragic events do happen here, the ending is good; so hope you watch.

1 Like

Still have to see the end of The Forest Of Love. Weird Japanese movie. Don’t watch it if you’re not into getting rid of dead bodies by chopping them and cooking the meat and putting it through a blender.

3 Likes

ewwwwww howww WHYYYYYYY :flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

It’s basically about some people making a “movie”. They film each other while being tortured. Strangled, electrocuted, whatever. When someone accidentally dies, they have to think of a way to get rid of the body. Well, it’s actually one person who orders them to do it. And later it happens again and then a girl has to chop and cook her parents … :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Uhm… what the ?? :neutral_face:
Hahah I won’t be watching that movie :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not going to recommend it. It seemed like a fun movie at the start …

2 Likes

@vivi_1485 @feyfayer It turns out the movie was based on a true story! :scream:

afbeelding

3 Likes

The Wikipedia page on this guy is no joke…

2 Likes

When I started watching the movie I thought all the crazy things happening came from the mind of some insane screenwriter …

Oh, and apart from the movie there’s also a miniseries. Hmm … wonder who’s still eager to watch.

2 Likes

:sob::scream: oh my goodness!! of any name in the world WHY would they name a movie like that “Forest of LOVE”!!! ughhh I’m definitely not going near that…though it’s sad to see how humans can even think of doing such atrocious things to other humans :flushed::sob:

5 Likes

Like they say - sometimes reality is scarier than fiction.

4 Likes

That’s what I was wondering … :thinking:

Didn’t see much love in it … Well, obsession perhaps. The main women characters had been in a lesbian version of the play Romeo And Juliet back in highschool, but the play never was performed, cause the girl who was going to play Romeo got into an accident and died. Ever since the girls talked to her ghost.
And then there was of course the conman who had many women …
But love? Certainly not the right kind.

2 Likes

So true. I used to work for a judge in the Los Angeles County Superior Court (8 years in criminal, 2 years in civil) and his wife was a fiction writer. She told me that she wished her books could be as interesting as what I hear in the courtroom.

3 Likes

True. Plus, sometimes we tend to diss writers fo ridiculous plots, but I remember the first hearing I ever went to (for school), which was a robbery case, and the robbers did so many ridiculous things that the whole class was practically laughing at the details of the case. The judge’s reactions made it even funnier (I can’t remember exactly what he said, but he couldn’t believe how stupid these robbers were).

The second hearing seemed interesting and heavier, but we were asked to leave the room as the case was discussed behind closed doors.

5 Likes

I stopped watching it when the girl killed the young guy while taking pictures and she chokes him to death. It’s a very sick movie and makes no sense of such violence. Lately they have this dramas that are so sick to look at like [Ratched] is very bloody, crazy and the only reason I finished watching was because I wanted to see if the main guy dies since he’s a psychopath, but I have to wait for season 2 to see how he ends. I want that psycho dead since he’s too sick for this world lol.

2 Likes

Indeed. And this one was even based on true events …

After that Murata orders her and the other guy to chop, cook and pulverize the body and put it into cookie jars. He makes her feel like she was the (only) murderer and blackmails her parents with the “fact” their daughter is a murderer, so that he gets power over them as well. And the parents also end up in cookie jars …

3 Likes

Record of Youth!

3 Likes

What is it about? Is it good?

4 Likes