What are you currently watching?

I liked the actors a lot - I wished there were more Veronicas in K-dramaland. Anyway in the many dramas I have watched this is a first for me a company where there is a fight for the chairman position no one does any work actually. I liked the characters’ story but thought the frame, the writers put the story in to be a bit weak.

3 Likes

Yeah the music in that club. My thought was they just find it good because they’re all high xD

They talk less but theykeep the brother thing (it was annoying because most sentences started like this: yo bro…)

Besides that the way they talked was quite realistic. I was surprised that we had so many actors that appear typical for these scene because I didn’t know most of them so I wonder where these actors played before (I always feel that we don’thave so many actors so I’m surprised when I see some I’ve never seen before).

Did you watch it with subs?

1 Like

@sonmachinima

Of course, I don’t know German lol

1 Like

@angelight313_168

I just asked because for me it says English synced version as well^^

1 Like

I am watching the short drama Gogh, The Starry Night.
Guess I am on a Kim Young Kwang roll.

4 Likes

Finished the 86 episodes of King Sejong and moved onto Misaeng / Incomplete life.
I’m really liking it. Well written, well acted, funny and serious.

2 Likes

Was the drama that took me forever too complete it, because I wanted to fully enjoy while watching, it was a drama, when I needed my full attention. I loved it.

4 Likes

I’m watching Glitch about ppl who died in this town and have resurrected in perfect health! (on NfX), and here at viki I’m watching Welcome2life with Rain and The greatest show.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to Jack Ryan’s new season.

Did any of you watched I-land (Netflix show)? I don’t know if it is worth watching, the trailer reminds me to LOST.

2 Likes

Yes, you do need your full attention. I watched 16 episodes in the last 2 days and I’m sad I only have 4 left T.T

Does anyone know any dramas like Misaeng / Incomplete life? I might have already watched some, but curious :wink:

1 Like

You mean society, work related …
Young people finding their place …
Older people trying to keep their ground …
Something like that?

2 Likes

Sure :smiley:

With little/no (or still some) romance or family makjang?

With some limitation … Maybe, maybe not …

6 Likes

Thanks for the list! Many of them I haven’t watched yet.
Will add it to my forever growing list…
Btw, I loved Chief Kim as well :smile:

2 Likes

Can I share my drama list here.(from the mydrama list site I mean) I don’t remember the guidelines.

2 Likes

I also finished Novoland: Eagle Flag recently. I’m probably not as unhappy with the ending as you, but in some parts I also wondered about the censorship. Like I did not get the significance of the eagle flag at the end. Either I forgot some parts of the show or they cut it out so much that it left me confused. I read somewhere that they might have reduced the mention of Eagle Flag since it could also relate to the US. Not sure how valid this comment was.
Chinese censorship always let me yearn for a director’s cut or some way to see how the story was initially supposed to be told. So sad that the regulations become more and more ridiculous. But I do have to applause the creativity the industry sometimes uses to avoid censorship.
Back to Novoland: Eagle Flag, I felt since it was all about the journey, the friendships and the sacrifices one has to make, the ending highlighted this quite well. Apparently this is also the ending of the book, even though there is still the possibility that the author could continue the story one day.

3 Likes

Please request VAGABOND it’s one of a kind drama!!! \You will be so happy to see the GU family Book continuation with several reincarnations in another story, playing a now futuristic action packed scenes AWESOME!

2 Likes

angelight is Vagabond a sequel? So I should watch another show first to understand it?

I found a new Mexican (all the time Spanish atm haha) drama that is about the son of a drug syndicate in Mexico. It’s interesting, I just was too tired to watch more than 1 or 2 episodes yesterday, maybe you like it too. Title means The Dragon :smiley:

Are there several types of Spanish? I’m asking because this show seems to have simple and easy to understand dialogues but another show that was also Spanish was super annoying (also how it sounded and how the actors spoke) that I stopped watching it.

1 Like

@ all

Do you also read the books to the dramas or only watch the dramas? (it seems many Chinese dramas are based on books).

I was confused as to who the eagle flag represented: Asule’s tribe, the Heavenly Samurai, Asule himself or Ji Ye?

NOTE: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I didn’t understand the significance of the last scene. Like, where did everyone go? There were also too many unanswered questions that I had. How did Ji Ye get to the grasslands fast enough to help Asule? Did Asule ever find out about the Empress’s marriage with Lord Baili’s son? How did he feel about this? Does he marry Suma instead? Is she truly pregnant or is she lying? Also, why did Yu Ran have to lock herself in the temple? She could be a leader without being locked away. What about Lord Li and his people? Does he get punished for trying to usurp the throne? Ugh, I am left with too many questions. I loved the friendship throughout the story though. What really hurt my heart was when Asule was sitting by himself and imagining that he was talking to the clan chief about his friends in the past. I felt that that scene was really powerful, especially since it showed Asule’s vulnerability.