What are you currently watching?

Hollywood usually does not kill its heroes in movies. In many Japanese anime I watched sacrificing many (or all) main characters was not so rare for rescuing the others. The Chinese version (Shanghai Fortress) with letting the one main character - who told us the story - survive was something in between :smiley:

Neither all dead nor survived, I think I find the Chinese style most realistic, the US style too fictional and the Japanese style too depressing.

2 Likes

remember (I hope I got this right) Battle of Los angeles an old drama, a lot of these alien dramas I think they need to revamp them somehow, well battle of the machines? what about those swachnager ones? (sorry didn’t spell his name right)Terminator

can’t we get something more I guess original , my love from the stars wasn’t too bad, I am sure there are more, I am an atlantis nut, ok? and the aliens landed then, heheheheheh so look at the stories about the mermaids & mermen, why not aliens.

all these conspiracie theories, questionable, we have time travel, have aliens, have and yet we can’t see a halfway good drama about it (OH! stary night stary sea??) and on your side of the planet, whats with Lemuria? barely anything said about that. sorry methinks I protest too much!!

Just one time a neat mind opener, spell binding ufo story that isn’t violent, my imagination of course, Instead of they coming to destroy us, they are here to check us out, how advanced are we to them and such.I must stop don’t want you to think I have absolutely lost it.

1 Like

Schwarzenegger :wink:

2 Likes

You should hear the way I pronounce that name, my kids roll on the floor from laughing, and try as I may, the name never gets its proper pronunciation. He has aged so much and his last drama on NfX is so bad, I just dropped it out of my list.

3 Likes

you are an angel@aaawwwwwwww thank you!!! an angel Lutra!!

you ought to hear my saying that name, really not nice but…and maybe a bit racist, um not sure bout that one though

1 Like

LOL - for me it’s easy since German is my native language no problem to pronounce it. But well there are other names in the world that I have trouble with …

3 Likes

:blush: my German is not good at all

1 Like

I remember that one, I’ve seen it when I was younger. Goodness, it scared the wits out of me with the aliens. To this day, I have an aversion to aliens and alien movies. Looking back, it doesn’t seem too scary, but I still wouldn’t watch it.

2 Likes

well I finished “wanna hear your song” awesome! anyway,

thinking of watching some of the older ones till that melting me softly comes on.

fated to love you, drunken to love you, protect the boss. so this is love. hmmm I picked the love type ones. suspicious partner, I may do that instead of one of these other ones

Didn’t write about Big Issue, the plus of the drama -
stylish, stylish, stylish, the minus of the drama - stylish, stylish, stylish, …
Sometimes I miss a thing or two in a drama that visually delivers well, the actors do a good job. It just doesn’t click - I almost dropped in the middle and then I still made it through. Not much regret though, I feel as if the last drama I watched with Jo Jin Mo was My Love Eun Dong and that feels like ages ago.

After that I watched Riders- Catch Tomorrow. Nice little drama no harm 12 eps, well if only the mother issue had been handled differently.

Next, I need to look around …

1 Like

Is that the drama where the teenager falls in love with the younger girl? He wants to become a movie star so that he could find her after she moves away?

I finished watching Novoland: Eagle Flag, and I am upset about the abrupt ending. I read somewhere that it was supposed to have 70 episodes, but the episodes were cut down to 56 due to censorship (?). I felt like the story just climaxed dramatically at the end, only to have it suddenly stop. Why?? This is just like Tribes and Empires, where the drama was left unfinished…grr…

Yes.

I don’t watch much Chinese drama, but know that there is some censorship going on at China. I think there is a thread here somewhere, if you want to look it up. Some genre was cut like time travel or characters with moral issues …

1 Like

I am giving The Secret Life of my Secretary a try.
I am still in need for some “light fare”, hopefully this is it.

5 Likes

I’m watching Skylines now. At first I just wanted to take a short look but then it was so interesting that I continued watching several episodes at once.

It’s some kind of crime drama.

@angelight313_168

I finished El Hierro now. It was good. Not realistic in any aspect but still entertaining enough to watch all episodes.

I like stories in which the characters are realistic without that polished fictional biography some figures have.

2 Likes

Yesterday Netflix suggestest Vagabond to me xD

(Before I thought it is some fantasy or medieval story but it’s thriller actually xD)

I may have a look, not sure yet because atm I’m not in a mood to read subs all the time so I’m mainly watching films in English or my native language.

3 Likes

I watched it and liked it a lot, it’s light but also keeps your attention, it was heartbreaking seeing him cry tho :no_mouth:

Did any of you guys watch Room no. 9? Did you like it?

Oh, yes I agree, “Watcher” was magnificent all-around - it broke into my top list, too. :smiley_cat: Presently I’m near finishing both “Melo is My Nature” and “Mr. Temporary”. If you like slice-of-life, in-depth characters and great storytelling, I definitely recommend “Melo” - I love it to bits, especially the Jeon Yeo Bin (documentarian) storyline. “Mr. Temp is quite good, too - although quite dark and heartbreaking. For me, Yoon Kyun Sang is a brilliant star, so I am completely captivated.

I was also gleefully pulled into two additional dramas this week, elsewhere (ODK). Thus far, I would definitely recommend “Miss Lee” and “Pegasus Market” for lighter-fare fun. Both have a sort of old-school feel to them, wacky humor, peculiar characters, seemingly mysterious situations yet actually just bizarre, etc. Fun for fun’s sake stuff.

Because you mentioned “Watcher”, I’ll also suggest along those lines, if you haven’t already seen: “Misty”, “Whisper”, “Stranger”, “Lawless Lawyer” to name a few.

And, by the way, do you (and others) feel that the ending of “Watcher” gave off a 2nd season vibe? I know it’s rare to happen, but if there can be a 2nd Romantic Doctor Kim, perhaps Watcher, too! :heart_eyes_cat:

@federicascotti97

5 Likes

I have not watched it yet, it’s on my list like Mother, Heartless City (I am not to good with violence on my screen these days), Misty, Chicago Typewriter, many more …

2 Likes

I only watched the first episode because the female lawyer’s attitude annoyed me to bits. I still want to give it another try though. I think I wasn’t in the mood for an arrogant character at the time I started watching it. However, the first episode certainly was mysterious.

4 Likes