Viki

What have I just watched?

That’s the question that popped up in my head after watching this movie:

My summary

I felt like it was a PTSD movie. It also dealt with sensitive topics, such as death, immigration and freedom.
In the end, I didn’t know what to think of this movie.

What about dramas or movies that left you with this question?

And only at the end of the movie I found out it was actually based on true events … while I had thought the script had come from some sick brain :joy:
Left unsatisfied, confused, whatever, I read some articles about the events it’s based on and then watched the Deep Cut series version:

It was basically an extended version of the movie, but at least it helped me get rid of the “What have I just watched?” feeling.
All the sick scenes of the movie are still in there, but spread more and with more explanation.
And there’s a cool OST too! :slight_smile:

I might want to watch it! (Is there rape or sexual abuse?)

If you do I recommend the Deep Cut version.
There is sexual abuse, electrocution and manipulation and dead bodies are chopped, boiled, put through a blender and dropped somewhere in a river or so.
But as long as you don’t have a problem with watching that, it’s an interesting watch.

While searching articels about that movie I’ve found:
“The reference that the film is based on a true story, as the opening credits and a text panel towards the end claim, always have to be greeted with a healthy dose of skepticism at Sono” (the director).
http://www.filmstarts.de/kritiken/277249/kritik.

But it sounds interesting. Will I have the nerve? I even exposed Flower of evil for now.

(Btw, I saw
The Naked Director
My husband won’t fit - not as funny as it sounds
Love and fortune
Rivers edge
37 seconds
and was really very surprised.)

It’s just inspired by the true events, the director had his own way with it.

I saw all of those too! :slight_smile:
But Forest Of Love was the weirdest, sickest … yet, still kinda interesting, so if you dare … do give it a watch, preferably the Deep Cut version. :slight_smile:

I was not sure about the amount of violence in Flower of Evil, but after I watched it, it wasn’t all that disturbing. Knife edges are blurred and the camera always cuts away before we can see the death. Disturbing stuff like fingernails removed from a corpse are also blurred. I’m usually sensitive to violence, and this is my opinion-- it wasn’t too much. There’s fistfighting, chloroforming, strangling and lots of knife violence but not overly grotesque. It’s a little scary becaus the psycho used to keep victims in cages, but overall bearable.