What is your opinion on dubbed animes and dramas (Korean and Chinese)?

I suppose if all the dramas were dubbed, then the non-Korean K-drama watchers would never have learned words such as "Aigo/Aigoo, Aish!, “Fighting!” as well as titles such as “Oppa/Unni/Ajumma/Halabeoji/Hwejang-nim,” etc. :smile:

5 Likes

I forgot to add that I hate seeing the voice not correspond to the way the actor’s mouth moves. It looks so unnatural and I forget to focus on the show. Curses and other frequently used phrases just can’t be reproduced in another language, and so it just throws me off. I also like immersing myself in the culture, so it’ll be VERY distracting to hear an American accent while watching Korean/Japanese/Chinese shows. I once tried to watch Avengers: Endgame with Hindi dub and it was TERRIBLE. The voice actors were all professionals and the quality was obviously very good, but I’ve grown up watching the entire Avengers series of movies with the original audio :joy::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This! When they get hurt and the dubber makes unnecessary sounds. :joy: Esp. the Thai dubs. If you close your eyes and listen it sounds like something else entirely is happening.

4 Likes

Even during the fight scenes too, they make weird sounds hahhahahah

2 Likes

Was it meant for Happiness? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I posted on the wrong thread! Sorry I didn’t even notice hahahha, yes, it’s about happiness
Shraddha, You are an intellady! Hahha
Intelligent || intellady

2 Likes

This is cute :joy:

2 Likes

Screenshot_20211213-215107_Gallery Screenshot_20211213-215118_Gallery Screenshot_20211213-215029_Gallery Screenshot_20211213-215045_Gallery Screenshot_20211213-215131_Gallery Screenshot_20211213-215143_Gallery Screenshot_20211213-214950_Gallery

I tried so hard to click these pictures! The movie was full of action.
I didn’t recognise yang yang at first.
And later I thought " what? Yang Yang’s film was dubbed in Telugu!" His voice though! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness I really love the way Yang Yang has “grown up” since Love O2O… he was so handsome in You Are My Glory and he looks so good in this one too! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, he is so charismatic, and the action scenes were terrific.

1 Like

Always!! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like