What? Now Discussions is hidden? Buried inside another page?

I just noticed the same thing myself. I use a laptop and go directly to the discussion board but find it odd that they would remove the link from the top menu. For what purpose?

3 Likes

@stockholm_syndrome

For what purpose? Well, imo, from a marketing standpoint, Viki wants the users to view the full Community page, on which the first visual statement is about volunteering at Viki. This leads me to suppose that Viki now needs to push the volunteering aspect, maybe they have finally realized that, from my observation, many volunteers feel alienated (e.g. volunteers being restricted, unfair procedures, etc.) — also, perhaps to help educate users about the fact that the translation of Viki dramas from their original language is only possible because of the volunteers.

Anyway, this is all supposition on my part. Frankly, the new Discussion button is really not user-friendly at all… I do love that Viki showcases the top contributors on that page.

Sending positive vibes out to all of the wondrous Viki volunteers! sheishun

2 Likes

I don’t know if the dropdown menu was all that bad. People who want to sub will find it and people who want to chat will find the board. I really don’t see how it’s an improvement unless they plan on removing the board all together and started with the link to phase it out…

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, the drop down menu was far more ideal. I’m just trying to suppose why it was changed… I certainly can’t imagine the discussion boards being phased out, yikes!

I just noticed this today too! I was confused the first few times and couldn’t figure out why I kept ending up at the community page and just now noticed that the drop down menu was gone.

5 Likes

I’m like “why change this when other things have a higher priority”?!:thinking:

8 Likes

But it isn’t just Viki’s discussion page. Everything on the internet is going the same direction. For instance, now I have to click on 3 different menus just to get to my contact page on email. That’s just one example. Hulu is doing the same kind of thing too. Etc.

1 Like

well… we dont know what viki plans are for the website. There may be some changes later on.

Hope this is just another bug bc it makes no sense at all…:frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like a bug … :(:weary:

1 Like

what is it then? I have to go to community page and then I get to go to Discussion. Makes no sense.

1 Like

It’s Viki testing our patience.

6 Likes

Hopefully I’m wrong about that lol I enjoy this board and sure hope they leave a noticeable link to it.

3 Likes

I was thinking that: ‘‘if it ain’t broken, why fix it?’’ No one was complaining about the way things were designed before, and now we have to go through a page I couldn’t care less to see before I get here; to discussion…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Maybe it was done to discourage us to come to --’‘vent’’ in this section? I’m really about to kiss discussion section goodbye (to the relief of many) hahahahaha :rofl:

Well, if they leave things as is, I’ll definitely kiss this section goodbye for good. Too much work…:roll_eyes:

no please don’t do that. :slightly_frowning_face:
I don’t really see the difference any way. it was two clicks and is still two clicks. just on a page instead of a drop down menu. People who are upset, please don’t flag the post :sweat_smile:
I do agree it was completely unnecessary. but I don’t think it’s worth leaving Discussions because of it.Discussions is my favorite place on the website.

2 Likes

I was joking…lol It’s not that much work at all. Like you said the clicks are equal amount and i noticed it goes faster to Discussion this new way (at least for me it does).

1 Like

The message page is giving me a headache. Pitch black and hard to decipher which I have read and which I haven’t.

2 Likes

I thought there was something wrong as well (as I’ve experienced a few bugs lately),
but it looks like this is part of the new design.

I hope they change it back. The discussion seems to be very important for people who volunteer on Viki.

4 Likes

Yes it is, bc it help us vent with certain issues going on, and that alleviate the pressure of the volunteer work.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your detailed feedback! We’ll be sure to pass this along and we’ll be sure to include this in discussions with the appropriate teams.

Best,
Camille
Viki Community Team

3 Likes