What's a "good" volunteer for you? + Helpful guidelines

You can assign shortcuts. It’s the only way I switch. Like CTRL+1 for English, CTRL+2 for Greek, CTRL+3 for Italian and CTRL+4 for Korean.

1 Like

That’s some useful information. I’ll look further into this. Thanks :smiley:

If you have Windows 10, go to Search, and type “Advanced Keyboard Settings”
From there, choose Input Language Hotkeys.
There you can assign hotkeys to your languages. image_2021-02-15_232131

2 Likes

What makes a good subber

1. I feel like even if you aren’t a moderator or a channel manager, taking not as fluent subbers under your wing may help them a lot.
  2. At LEAST 100 subs
  3. Since everyone understands you have a life outside of viki, it’s okay to be not as committed than let’s say your super important project at work.

What makes a good moderator

1. They are ALWAYS there. If you message them at ANY TIME you will get a response in at least 1-2 days. The more important your role is, the more committed you have to be
  2. They don’t add just anybody on the team. There are some people out there who DON’T KNOW a 2nd language WHICH IS FINE, but DON’T tell the moderator/channel manager that YOU DO, IF YOU DON’T actually know one. You could be a spell/grammar checker but DON’T lie.

What makes a good channel manager

1. They are actually just like moderators except they must take full responsibility for the drama. They are in charge of messaging everyone to let specific teams know that they can start. They are like the referee in the race. The players look at the ref to see if they can start the race.
  2. They are willing to give everyone a fair chance AS LONG AS THEY DESERVE IT. They don’t just add anybody to the team but they need to know that everyone is committed somewhat on this drama in order to give them their trust.

This topic has been really interesting and has a lot of good points. And I really like this. :smile:

3 Likes