What's going on with the Viki Help Center?!

nothing T.T nada. zip. OPEN. still.

1 Like

Anyone else get an answer yet?

I asked them a new question today. Hoping for a quicker response. Iā€™ve also made some channels so hopefully Iā€™ll get approved.

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Carly, a member of the Viki Community Team, and I wanted to reach out to you all to apologize for the delay youā€™re experiencing with your Help Center requests. Recently weā€™ve seen an increased amount of incoming requests, and our limited Help Center staff is dedicated to answering all your questions in as timely a manner as possible. We are actively working to grow our team in hopes that we can be of even better service to you, our wonderful community of fans.

In terms of Fan Channel approval, the process we follow takes into account a number of factors ā€“ like whether the show is on-air, whether other community members have submitted that Channel, and whether we foresee the possibility of licensing it in the future ā€“ which can make it difficult to approve or deny Channels promptly.

On behalf of the Viki staff, we truly appreciate your patience and concern. We will continue trying our very best to respond to your Help Center requests and Channel submissions.

Big thanks to you all!
Carly

1 Like

Thank you for replying : )

Just got a reply today. Finally!!! Now Iā€™ll just have to wait for the pending channels.

Actually the problem isnā€™t really the time you takeā€¦
But the fact that the channels are disappearing from our channel roles without prior noticeā€¦
Usually we used to get a PM when we are approved and when we are deniedā€¦ we are not getting any response for bothā€¦

1 Like

I took everyoneā€™s advice and requested to be added as the CM for the channel. Theyā€™ve already deleted the channel I made on my request.

I miss Stephanie. :frowning:

Hi Carly,
As what @Wafaahs has said.
Please read our discussion here: http://discussions.viki.com/t/viki-deleting-channels-without-notifying-you/2109

Tasya ^^

Same here : (

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Me too!!! :frowning:

Thank you for your reply brovo!!

Glad itā€™s just a technical error that will soon be fixed, hopefully!!

*Iā€™ve put in a request to Lock two channels, for over two weeks now, and havenā€™t gotten a response.

And now Iā€™ve started to see a pattern, where new members would pop in and do random segments on the videos to increase their Seg count so that they can get QC, and then disappear.

Has anyone else seen this?*

@tishafi
Random segments? Badly done? Every once in a while some think they get unnoticed. But end up burned, if they are reported to viki. Very often the segments will get deleted by viki, if you ask for it.

But yeah, seems the viki help center is still not at terms with their automatically reply function. Did you make a normal request or did you write an email?

When I wrote an email, I got an answer pretty soon.

That was when I couldnā€™t send any request, as I had a bug, But since that bug is gone, I now wrote two requests almost 10 days ago, and nothing happened so far.

Well, itā€™s not as if I am running out of patience ā€¦

I put in a request to be CM of an abandoned channel and no response for 20 days :frowning: Itā€™s so frustrating. Iā€™ve also been waiting for my channels to be approved. Itā€™s been almost 2 months and nothing.

Hi @Haiqa, Iā€™m so sorry to hear that! I will look into your requests right now but could you also send me a PM please :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve sent an email before I had put in the request, and still nothingā€¦in total itā€™s 18 days and countingā€¦

Sometimes the Segments are good, which is greatly appreciated. They just need a little tweaking,

But then you get those really bad segments, where you can tell the person was creating them, just because, and I had to delete them myself

Everyday I have to check the channels, because itā€™s happening like an everyday occurrence nowā€¦