When you can't finnish a drama

Of course they are unrealistic. In what world does the average to below-average, quirky mess of a girl have every single hot guy on the planet fall in love with her? Only in dramaland. But it’s one of the reasons I’m here for it. Not everyone has to like it. That’s totally fine. It’s all a matter of taste and what we are looking for in our entertainment. I enjoy a good mystery/suspense/action too (with or without a romance element). It just depends on the day and my mood and whether I want to immerse myself in something heavy and realistic or escape from reality completely. More often than not, it is the latter.

4 Likes

This is really interesting. Maybe we should open a new thread.

As @my_happy_place said, most romance dramas are unrealistic. The cliché once at least.
But we know this in advance and depending on the mood we may chose the fantasy world we want to enter, which is k- or c-drama.

And I like them because it’s nice to have something easy to watch that can make you daydream even though you know that what you see on the screen would never happen or work out in real life.

And about the skinship: I do not know which c-dramas you watched @vivi_1485 but the c-dramas I watched didn’t have a lot of skinship in it.
When talking about j-dramas I’d agree with you. If there is skinship in it, it tends to be a lot. But there are actually some j-dramas with quite a lot of skinship, to the point that I was totally taken off guard because I didn’t expect it, but whenever that was the case the skinship totally made sense to me. (It might have been a little too much so.)

I like the more realistic touch at least a few j-dramas have.

Asako I & II was a movie that fascinated me. And a drama with quite a lot skinship, which I liked was second love, because the skinship made sense in a way.

But as much as I like watching the romance dramas to dream myself away my all time favourite dramas are all more on the dark side with crime and revenge stories. They are just so captivating and I am always on the edge while watching them.

3 Likes

You’re right, we kind of took the conversation off on a tangent. I apologize to the OP. I’d bet that there is a thread that already exists that would better suit the current discussion, although maybe we have all said what we have to say on the subject.

One last thought: I have not heard of any of the Jdramas you mentioned.

1 Like

Well, I will write something concerning the topic of the thread now and text you in a private message about the dramas. (One is a film) So that we won’t drag this off topic conversation any further.

As the topic is when you can’t finish a drama that is what I will write about now:

Actually the amount of dramas on my watch list I haven’t finished is not that small. The reasons why I stop watching a drama is either because the story just seems to fade out and going nowhere (as I pointed out when describing c-dramas, which are likely to fall in this category) or the story just seems too ridiculous to me. Which applies to some school dramas, which I normally do not watch anymore.
But as I normally pick the shows I watch with care, even though I lost interest, I do not consider any of these shows as dropped but plan on watching them till the end when time comes. (Maybe Flower Boy Ramyun Shop will be an exception as I can’t picture myself watching the show to the end.)

1 Like

If you’ve left a drama for too long and you forgot who everyone is and the story, there is a way:
search for a website such as dramabeans which posts episode recaps. Read the recaps of the previous episodes and you’ll remember everything.
Or, you could re-watch the last episode you watched.
Or, you could read the synopsis and/or a review - they usually have enough info to freshen your memory.

3 Likes

That’s actually a good suggestion, I’ll try that, thanks!

1 Like