Hola, soy de Argentina :wink:

3 Likes

oii eu sou do Brasil

2 Likes

Hello everyone. I am from the UK.

2 Likes

California, United States!

2 Likes

Vad kul - dÄ förstÄr du svenska ocksÄ. Men varför studerar man nordiska sprÄk? Planerar du att flytta hit?

1 Like

Ja, svenska var mitt huvudÀmne. :slight_smile:
Jag tycker att nordiska sprÄk Àr mycket vacker.

2 Likes

@mirjam_465

:joy::joy: Mal ganz blöd gefragt, aber es schon immer wissen wollte
Euer A mit dem Kreis oben drauf, ist doch extra eingespeichert in der Tastatur? Und spricht man genau dieses a anders aus? :thinking: :grin:

:joy::joy:Stupidly asked, but always wanted to know
Your A with the circle on top, is it stored in the keyboard? And do you pronounce exactly this a differently? :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

It is on the keyboard of the Nordic languages, but not on my Dutch keyboard. :slight_smile:
If I set my keyboard to Finnish (which has the same alphabet, as Swedish, even though they don’t use the Ă„), I can type it by pressing [.
And you could of course use an online keyboard like https://www.branah.com/swedish

The pronunciation is either like a long o or like the Korean ì–Ž. The name of the letter also sounds like ì–Ž.

Haha, I remember in Swedish lectures once my teacher drew the Ă„ on the blackboard and told us: “This is not an a with a circle above it!” :rofl: It’s considered to be a letter on it’s own. In the Swedish alphabet there’s 3 more letters after the z: Ă„, Ă€ and ö. In Norwegian and Danish it’s ĂŠ Ăž Ă„.

O, and in case you’re curious, in Icelandic the Ă° is pronounced like the th in weather and the ĂŸ like the th in clothes. :slight_smile:

Btw, do you have the ß on your keyboard? In Dutch it’s called Ringel-S, but I think you have a different name for it.

3 Likes

Thank you, for your explanation :blush:
Interesting :smiley: Sometimes I wished I could go back in time to be more Inquisitive about languages
 :grimacing: I didn’t talk much at the time, that’s no different today, We North Germans have short sentences :joy:

Yes this is the sharp s bzw. eszett :point_up_2:
GefÀhrlicher Buchstabe :grin:
Ich weiß, es ist weiß

1 Like

It’s never too late to learn a new language! :wink:
I’m also from the north 
 of The Netherlands in my case. And we’re also known to be relatively quiet.

Eszett? That almost sounds like Hungarian, haha! I think Ringel-S sounds more cute, but I guess that’s too misleading for such a dangerous letter! :rofl:

Hahaha. :joy:

1 Like

In old age, :older_woman:it is unfortunately increasingly difficult to record new Things ones :woozy_face:
:grin: do you realize i want to talk myself out :joy:
Tz Just too lazy, not more :sweat_smile:

Learning also decreases our chance of developing dementia. :slight_smile:

It’s pretty obvious, hahaha! :joy:

I’ve got just the thing for you:

:rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: Wonderful, always leave that in the background
 :joy::joy:

1 Like

Who knows, tomorrow you might start talking Dutch to me! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes