Why do many dramas not list all of the main cast?

I don’t get it. I’m watching Jewel in the Palace which has many important actors/rolls but there are only a few listed. Also I think at least some are in other dramas on here that are not listed. Why is it like this? I want to ask the community this so please don’t move this to the “bugs and problems” section. When I look at Wikipedia there will be many cast members listed. Because I’d like to see some of them in other dramas. Thanks.

Generally the information part is lacking. You very seldom get even the writer!

Can we submit information ourselves somehow? I actually wouldn’t mind doing that - so if others really liked that actor or wanted to know who the writer was could easily see. I can ask Viki more directly but I just wondered in general about this so thanks for letting me know.

We have volunteered information on the missing filmography or even picture in actor’s pages, and nothing was done. I had done an entire post about that, listing all the missing photos and info, with links to Wikipedia etc. where this info could be found, but it was to no avail. Maybe a few were updated but most are still as they are.
In upcoming drama pages, there is frustratingly little info, so people like aznative and sometimes me take it on us to add some info for people who might be interested to work on the team.
Yet nobody from viki ever thought of including the missing info on the page. They are waiting for the company to supply whatever, and they only put that, nothing more. Now why does the broadcasting company supply so little? Mystery.
Moreover, the synopsis is very often revealed to be dead wrong in the course of the drama. This happens because most of them are not pre-produced, and there are changes in the screeplay. Or sometimes there are major spoilers. I wrote to them recently at Support, making a ticket, about a movie of which I am CM: the synopsis has a major spoiler, it says something which happens in the last third of the movie and should be a surprise. But even the CM cannot change the English synopsis right now, it’s a new thing.
And when we point out these things to them, nothing is done.

Sorry if I sound discouraging, you sound so enthusiastic. But viki has been very disappointing to us in this respect.

1 Like

or even the other cast members, wehat I do is google it and go to asian drama(or wiki) and I find all the cast members of that drama. as for chinese dramas, have to find another one, like maybe drama list. but I do find the list and do see who is playing.

1 Like

Rule #1 Never ever read the synopsis!
Good dramas are passed on because of how disconnected the information is.

1 Like

The synopsis alone is not enough anyway, I always go around and read opinions by other people too and, if it’s a finished drama, I also diligently search info about the finale before I watch. But at least the synopsis will give an indication on whether it is an action/thriller/horror/lachrymose drama/silly slapstick, so that I can avoid it.

1 Like