Why do you think women are hated this much?

Very few, if any. Someone should be either totally uneducated and totally ill-informed, or forced to do it.

Abortion as contraception is practiced in a very specific profession, where, often, the woman’s life expectancy is shorter than a pregnancy and where contraception with pills or other medical means is considered “expensive” compared to the income.

Anyway, the damage is done. The point of these laws is to create stigma and bring society back to the pre-1900 standards. If women fear they will get stigmatized, shunned or hurt, they’ll probably continue with the pregnancy.

4 Likes

I’m sure you have some good intentions, saying this. But for me, feminism is supposed to free us from stereotypes based on social roles, and I agree. :woman_shrugging:

Men do not have to decide for women, and it’s not their duty/responsibility or their right to decide for women.

I don’t think there’s a need to even discuss the right. They should have it and that’s it. Of course, everyone should receive genuine help if they’re in a difficult position which could be solved, but they shouldn’t be put in a difficult position by family, society, restrictive laws or some fundamentalist that thinks that they can decide for some woman. :woman_shrugging: Even if someone uses contraception, it might go wrong. Then the man can walk away while the woman can’t.
They should keep that right, and it’s not like women abort because of a reasonable law.

That’s highly questionable. The problems are rather a) men, b) all the efforts to ban sexual education. Currently, the USA are the one developed country where maternal mortality is actually increasing.

This is the power of a government that considers themselves as good people, I guess.

While over half of our population are not part of a church, we were still governed by a Christian party for nearly 2 decades. So just a few days ago we managed to get rid of the law that prohibited doctors from mentioning that they offer abortions because mentioning it was considered as advertising. This was ridiculous. At the same day, the US Supreme Court got rid of Roe vs Wade. That’s pretty sad.
Just now, I watched a documentary where a woman in Italy died because the doctor refused to abort her non-viable fetuses or not to forget the US woman that feared for her life in Malta because her non-viable fetus still had a heartbeat. So I do hope that we will not go back to ancient times… oh wait, in the old USA abortion was actually permitted, and they started to prohibit it because the measures back then weren’t safe. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Going to the doctor, any doctor, is a universally scary experience. No one does it for fun, agreed!

Healthcare should be the cornerstone of any civilisation.

1 Like

There are still some cultures where men refuse to use a condom because they think that it somehow takes away some of their masculinity - I don’t know how to phrase this, because the concept is very strange to me. And some that refuse to use it - even with prostitutes, where their own health and life is in danger, not to mention that of their wife - because it takes away some of the pleasure.
And, in those cultures, the women are powerless against that.

5 Likes

Going to the doctor for any other procedure may be scary, painful, uncomfortable, whatever, but it doesn’t by far have the impact of an abortion.

Yes, and everyone should be able to afford it. In reality, though, that means you only have access to the health care your government is willing to pay for you.

2 Likes

Because today is 4th of July, allow me to share this quote by George Washington:

At this auspicious period, the United States came into existence as a Nation, and if their Citizens should not be completely free and happy, the fault will be entirely their own.

I pray that the American people will never stop fighting for their happiness and freedom. God bless! Enjoy yourselves, dear friends! :heart: :us: :confetti_ball::tada::fireworks:

1 Like

Ich denke es kommt darauf an, wo ein Kind geboren wird und wie es aufwächst…
Es gibt so unglaublich fanatische und krankhafte Erziehungsmethoden/ Traditionen, Glauben…worin er auch immer zu finden ist, der Hass…

Es ist traurig zu wissen, das dieser Planet soo unfassbar alt ist, die Geschichte uns unglaublich viel lehrt, doch der Mensch allein nichts anzunehmen scheint…

Allerdings gibt es wie überall, die Ausnahmen…
Auf die man alle Hoffnung setzen sollte :slight_smile:

Am Ende wollen Männer keine 2. Kleopatra :partying_face:

I think it depends on where a child is born and how it grows up…
There are so unbelievably fanatical and morbid education methods/traditions, beliefs…wherever it is to be found, the hatred…

It is sad to know that this planet is soo incredibly old, history teaches us incredibly much, but man alone seems to accept nothing…

However, there are, as everywhere, the exceptions…
On which one should put all hope :slight_smile:

In the end, men do not want 2. Cleopatra :partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m really shocked at what the US gov is doing by removing Roe vs Wade the abortion right. And as I read somewhere the buck won’t stop there… some other bad policies are in the making. :open_mouth:

We are in 2022 and this country and elsewhere is going backwards to middle age thinking, and again it’s the women who are told what they can and cannot!! :scream:
Policies as in past governed mostly by men… men say, men do… they are also few women who are participating in higher positions, yet it is still the MAN who has a saying in overall.

I’m currently following this Chinese drama it’s in the rural region in China, some events were taken from an actual event that caused a lawsuit. - Here it’s very well displayed how women are treated… and I believe it’s still so in other parts on this planet. - Just why are many women looked down by men and still disadvantaged or being treated as an object or servant? (Yet in past history we had several women as rulers who were like men “Wu Zetian” for example :sweat_smile:)
The Story of Xing Fu

As a woman I say my body, my choice, it is known that there are serious risks with this procedure, just as life threatening risks giving birth… no man will ever experience such, so why should he decide what she can or not?

6 Likes

Throughout Chinese history there had been several overturns where women had more or less rights. These originated either from political or religious changes, making it obvious that it was not in the core culture of China to either respect or disrespect women.

Same can be said for Japan. Onna Bugeishas, female warriors, died out in the 18th century when the Western-influenced emperor decided women should be meek and docile, like the Western women of that time. The emperor overturned Japanese society nearly overnight. Not very unlike the Iranian Islamic revolution of 1979.

Morale of the story is that no right is guaranteed - there is always somebody lurking from the shadows, trying to take them away from you.

6 Likes

Freedom is never granted; it is won. Justice is never given; it is exacted.

– A. Philip Randolph, African-American civil rights campaigner

5 Likes

These are still remembered because they were the exceptions. Like Indira Gandhi, Golda Meir, Benazir Butto.
In their time and in their country, “regular” women were still second-class citizens.

7 Likes

Give your mum a hug for me, primo.

Both men and women have egos, both men and women can play very unfairly when it comes to the game of life, but the male ego and the male tendency to want to deny culpability when it comes to sex, pregnancy, and responsibility for a fragile life . . . that can be very hard for a woman.

It’s interesting that, in my neighborhood, there are large families of mixed ethnic backgrounds. Often the parents are not married because, if they get married, the government will immediately penalize them financially–if they are on welfare, if they have income due to a medical disability, if they are the recipient of survivor benefits from Social Security.

But both the “baby daddies” and “baby mommies” are willing to do what it takes to raise their children, get them educated, and help them live a better life.

These are not stupid people; they are not lazy people; their existence and the existence of their children poses no threat to anyone. They are hard-working, humble, cheerful, hopeful.

And they have all left their egos far behind in just trying to get through each day.

3 Likes

I can see that your comment means no harm, yet this is literally one of the reasons why women are hated this much. Because men think they are the “mothers, sisters, daughters, wives”. None of it. Women are women, they are not to be described in any of these titles but as a person, an individual. Patriarchy designs roles for women, like those you stated above, and then creates a “job” description, set exceptions, and forces women to fulfill them.

When women just want to be themselves, then things take a turn, suddenly these precious wives and mothers become “useless” and “selfish” and much more. My country is one of the very first ones in history to advocate women’s rights yet it is quite obvious that from East to the West, women have these titles forced upon them and when they fail to fit into these unrealistic ideals, they are butchered and insulted, looked down upon and hated. It’s high time we saw women as they are, as humans, ditch the idea of “damsel in distress” that needs men to protect them, and see if it takes us to better places.

5 Likes

Please forgive me. My intention was simply to establish that these are not strangers, but loved family members that we should understand and protect. Of course each person is special and unique in their own way.

2 Likes

Some good news finally:
Biden signs executive order protecting nationwide access to abortion and contraception https://t.co/Ic7SC0K4q3

5 Likes

At least they are doing a counter measurement, I just hope the court’s decision will get rectified and women’s rights will be protected just as the health care workers; interesting mention was when he said they will try to reinforce the health data protection because even health data is sold or shared when it should not. - I was shocked about the story of the 10 years old girl that was raped and had to travel to another state to abort being 6 weeks pregnant… this was painful to hear such…

5 Likes

My sister was forced to carry her dead baby for MONTHS. She went through 3 days of hell when it finally self-aborted. NO WOMAN SHOULD EVER GO THROUGH THAT!!!

7 Likes

What? She could have had serious problems from infection! And “serious problems” is an understatement, because I didn’t want to say the other thing.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that! Indeed, no woman should have to go through that. It’s barbaric. Worse than barbaric even!

I hope she’s physically well now and receiving some psychological therapy for it.

5 Likes

This is an an ancient question across the globe. The answer is not a cultural one since there is no culture immune from this malaise. It is one of humanity. I believe women and children are perceived to be valuable and must be possessed so that they can serve men as will as contribute the wealth of men.where in the world is there laws that dispute this? Even laws are built into religion to coerce everyone to accept this inhumane practice. I also believe that colorism is connected to this to cause conflict and discontent aka to avert awareness from the barbaric idea of owning women and children.

1 Like