Winter Sonata

Hey everyone!

14 January 2022 will be the 20th anniversary of the first airing of Winter Sonata. If you are too young to remember it, check out its Wikipedia page for more information.

For many of us, this, along with the other entries in the “Four Seasons” dramas (Autumn in my Heart, Spring Waltz, and Summer Scent) were our first Korean dramas - these were the first dramas that were licenced and translated for English speaking countries.

I’ve put in a request for Viki to add this drama for 2022. I think it’s very old-fashioned and will likely not appeal to a tonne of people, but if you are interested or curious in a watch or rewatch, please submit your request to Viki to see this one!

12 Likes

Winter Sonata – both the drama and the cartoon version used to be on viki! Some of the leads are still active in dramas today. The OST is unforgettable and I still listen to it often.

3 Likes

Wow! That long? Congrats! :confetti_ball: :sparkles: :tada:

2 Likes

I remember when both versions were here on Viki. I would watch the regular version and then swap over to the absolutely magnificent ending of the anime.

And Ryu’s beautiful OST is one of my faves too!

3 Likes

How strange, I have been thinking of Winter Sonata recently and then I find out its anniversary is coming up! It may not have been my first Korean drama, but it has a special place in my heart because of the actors, the music, and the time of my life when I first watched it.

Happy anniversary Winter Sonata!

3 Likes

Hello @helenama73_911,
It’s one of the ones, back on Viki! :wink::+1:t5:
!Winter Sonata | Korea | Drama | Watch with English Subtitles & More ✔️

2 Likes

Winter Sonata is already on the Viki
I was a manager on this drama 2 or 3 times, but by chance, Viki unfortunately lost his license several times. :wink:

1 Like