Wow! Roku/viki crashed today

I have had Roku for years and upgraded to the best “Roku Ultra” I will not look at Viki drama on a small screen like my mobile phone nor will I watch it on the web site. I rather watch on my large screen TV.
Now it seems to me that whoever their Tech people are they can’t seem to get the “Continue to watch” correct even after this long period of time or the top heading correct to look at different area of Asian selection.

So now it’s Roku and as of now it is NOT solved. I personally expect this to go on and on with not a fixed. I hope Viki do not have a handyman trying to fixed this issue, BUT GET A REAL TECH WHO KNOW WHAT HE OR SHE IS DOING. Gee I just renew my Viki plus the early part of this April, anyway it seem we all can expect the unexpected.

1 Like

maybe we are crying “wolf” but I just hope we aren’t losing Viki like what happened to DF!

1 Like

Hi we are having the same problem in Florida! Viki not loading on Roku!! You think this is Roku’s problem?

2 Likes

I hope Roku or VIKI repairs the problem soon. How are we going to watch our favorite shows on TV???

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure Roku and Viki will get it figured out.

3 Likes

Can’t use the VIKI app on my Roku in Florida, is anyone having the same problem?

1 Like

The issue reportedly ocurred after Roku updated their system as shared by @command_234
And Viki Status stated on their Twitter account that they are working with Roku to resolve the issue.
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/VikiStatus

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me. Mine goes in a circle and pops right back out.

2 Likes

Worked for me twice earlier today, but not now.

2 Likes

It does and it works fine as of now. :crossed_fingers:
I do it via Chromecast or Apple TV. Try it. :four_leaf_clover:

Hope not. I don’t think it will disappear, let alone disappear the way DF did, suddenly and without prior notice, which was quite unethical and unscrupulous, IMO.

3 Likes

I am in North Carolina having the same issues as you.

3 Likes

HI! NC, me too NC

We should use this a opportunity to make them fix the missing functionality as well

1 Like

The work around they posted does work though they were not clear what you need to do is

while the app is loading, Mash on the left button (purple one not the back arrow) on your Roku remote control. thats it you dont need to do the other parts like select watch or me.

1 Like

It seem as of today Pacific time 12 noon The Roku App for Viki is back up and running correctly. I hope it stay that way. Now I don’t think we will lose Viki as we did DF hopefully we fans can continue to sign up with a Viki pass to keep it I have now been with a pass for way over 5 years. Actually I don’t even watch American shows any more, even on Netflix I have my Asians list of shows. Maybe once and a blue moon I will watch a non Asian show, depending on the story and actor.

2 Likes

well ,so far, looks like Roku & Viki is up & running today!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I couldn’t figure out why I lost Viki on my smart TV. It’s not just a ROKU issue, but doesn’t work on Sony Bravia either. Thankfully, you can screencast from your phone or from viki.com, but inconvenient.

3 Likes

For those still having issues you can check status reports and/or report your issue.
Twitter link to contact Viki’s Status division.
https://twitter.com/VikiStatus

3 Likes

now, are we having a problem with Viki ? I was trying to do the “explore” button and telling me an error and all, I hope nothing is wrong on my end that is. and I did viki.com, the same thing. haven’t checked Roku yet

Something’s gone wrong…

We can’t seem to find what you were looking for.

Try visiting viki.com, or the Help Center for help.

Or check out these trending shows:

and btw, Viki hasn’t crashed here, its just doing this now

and funny thing, can’t go to Viki.com or help link

also went to upper right hand corner by my picture, again no go.

Desktop or mobile That’s the best way to enjoy Viki dramas without any hassle. But I’m glad they’ve fixed the Roku issue.

1 Like