Wow! viki finally introduced the download option!

i am jumping out of joy right now!

Let’s hope that it will soon be available to the other country viewers also.

9 Likes

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410545662739-How-does-Offline-Viewing-work-

Here’s the article from help center.

4 Likes

I saw that fans has the option to download a show to watch offline. I’m on the East Coast :us: USA, so it’s definitely on this side of the globe! :wink:

2 Likes

yes, its currently not available out side the US.

1 Like

It’s too bad that it’s only for Viki Pass Plus Subscribers.

7 Likes

I live in the Netherlands. Unfortunately i don’t see the option to download.

3 Likes

Would like to have this option but once again US first for Viki. So unfair!

4 Likes

Dude, why is it only for US ? We all contribute on viki for volunteers (I’m here frome 2012) it would be a great prize.

2 Likes

It’s a great feature that will hopefully become available worldwide.

4 Likes

I think it’s only available on mobile at the moment.
I hope they will do something about making it an option for desktop too.

Also, they’re probably testing it in the US for now and will make it available for other regions later.

I’m ready to dl all my sappy dramas! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

To anyone in the US:
I don’t think you can download and keep it… can you? Is it like YT, where you can download videos and have it offline for only a certain number of days? That still doesn’t solve my greatest terror in life - that my favorite dramas will lose their license for my region :sob:

3 Likes

I’ll test it out now, lol

4 Likes

All right, so the episodes expires in 2 days. :sob: So it’s especially for on the go. It does play even if you don’t have an internet connection (wifi/data).

5 Likes

Well that’s good to know @midknightmoodz, that two day limit. :triumph: I thought it would be available until I deleted it, or the license with Viki expired :thinking::pensive:
It’s definitely geared towards “on air” shows.

4 Likes

It’s the same with Netflix. It’s the same with YouTube. Naturally, Viki is no exception.

6 Likes

Great :sob::sob: even YT has more days than that

2 Likes