You think Seoul is hilly?

You think Seoul is hilly? Drive a clutch in San Francisco! Yep. You need a good set of legs on you if you expect to walk in San Francisco. and it is ALWAYS foggy in San Francisco! :rofl: and if he would have made a left at Grace Cathedral and gone a few blocks he could have had a Uji Mochi Freeze! which is totally addictive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=EScFH4E-Eew

SFcorona-2020

Yep. Lombard street really is that steep.

Sidewalks? What is a sidewalk? Yea, Gotta climb stairs in San Francisco. I hear Seoul is just as bad. :rofl: :scream:

No. The houses aren’t crooked, the camera is.

https://external-preview.redd.it/v8F-FkniQbHygkYk_njS89AB8tYIc6oXd0Ib_KYbhPg.jpg?auto=webp&s=200c568c7b1fe6a14234f0cc8d19eaaa638c0d99

8 Likes

I think Seoul and San Francisco are two of the most hilly places I’ve ever been to, though in my mind Seoul is worse. However, I am probably biased by the horrible slope I had to climb to get to school in the morning.

I went back through my photos of my trip there and now I noticed the grey skies, didn’t before because I’m used to grey skies.
Seoul supplied with the bluest skies I’ve ever seen. I mean look how blue:

I’ll just stay in my city where there are no hills and it always rains :joy:

6 Likes

I recall Koreans telling me their sky is never blue … :thinking:

I haven’t been in either, but I can tell you that Helsinki is hilly too. :wink:

2 Likes

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh yes “streets of Sanfrancisco” loved it when they zoomed their cars over those streets, hills!!

3 Likes

Never been to San Francisco (or the US) but the amount of stairs and such in Seoul(and other places) drove me nuts. I was out of breath so many times and then you see the elderly just walking by looking at you in a weird way without even breaking a sweat. But hey The Netherlands in flat and only has some hills in the far south so I’m not used to so many stairs or walking up hill a lot. For Japan I was more prepared…LOL

6 Likes

neither have I, BUT another place further north of sanfrancisco is Seattle Washington, not hills but mountains!!

2 Likes

lol. Yep. Years ago, I went to the Grand Canyon and we decided to hike to the bottom. I told my companion that, “Remember, we have to hike back up.” Yea, we went half way down and turned back up. I was just trudging along like nothing while my companion was all out of breath and really struggling. THANK YOU, San Francisco for your hills making Strong legs! :rofl:

5 Likes

Wow, so different than here in the Netherlands :laughing:
I only experienced very “hilly” places when I went to Colombia in 2019. Our hotel was up a hill and being in the car felt like a roller coaster sometimes :sob:

Always wanted to visit San Francisco though… my parents have been, but I haven’t.

2 Likes

I have visited San Francisco more often than any other place on earth because for nearly my entire life, my older sister lived there plus I had business reasons to visit. A particular victory in my life was over 40 years ago when I borrowed my sister’s extra car which had a manual shift, to be able to stop for the signal light on a steep hill at an intersection and then be able to be continue up the hill without rolling backwards when the light turned green! But really scary to be driving a manual shift in that city. Can you imagine parallel parking on a steep hill? My other sister who lived in the city for around 40 years never bothered to shift – she would drive her BMW in 2nd gear all the time!
The city to me was incredibly chilly most of the time and for the very occasional days when the temperature was very warm, it was incredibly hot indoors. Even in the 1990’s there were retail shops which did not have air conditioning and houses were so well insulated it was hot hot hot. In 2019 there was one of those unusual hot spells and I understand you could not find a room air conditioner to buy to cool your bedroom – all stores were sold out.
But when the weather was just right, it is an incredibly beautiful place. When my sister was hospitalized, her room in the ICU ward had an incredible view of the city,

6 Likes

ahahahaha! Yep,. On those rare hot days you go to Walmart and find all your relatives. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Didn’t Mark Twain say something like the coldest day he ever experienced was a summer day in San Francisco?

2 Likes

the coldest WINTER he ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco.

1 Like

:rofl: Those aren’t Mountains! Seattle just has little hills!

2 Likes

oh no!! they are mountains

2 Likes

(Me thinks she’s a flatlander.) :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

2 Likes

hehehehehehe, well I was for a time, but Seattle made a change

2 Likes