Your anti procrastination tips! šŸ”„

Hey!

What do you generally do when you have this tendancy to delay things?
(Iā€™m in the club :joy:)

1 Like

Did you make this topicā€¦ and was procrastinating doing something :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nice subject ! Iā€™m here as the laziest girl of the world to definitely get some good tips !
@piranna you are in every discussion, so Iā€™m listening to you, what are you tips ?
Iā€™m also in the delay things club, lol ! According to my mother, my motto is ā€œalways do thing at the last minuteā€, lol !

1 Like

It always helps to know people depend on me to do something on time.

I mostly procrastinate with things that affect me (worst case, I know).

1 Like

Let me tell you that to me procrastinating is a sin. When you procrastinate and leave things for tomorrow things just pile up and the burden becomes heavier and heavier because what you didnā€™t do today will add up to the things that will have to be done tomorrow.

Another way of looking at it if you are going to procrastinate NEVER please I beg you, never let it be visiting an old grandma or that person sick in a Hospital for tomorrow is never guaranteed.

My 90 year old grandma RIP always said since I was a little girl ā€˜ā€˜never leave for tomorrow what you can do today bc you never know if tomorrow will ever comeā€™ā€™. At the time her words always scared me but I realized she meant you might not do something today that tomorrow might be too late to do.

Someone that I loved died and it was knowing the things we did together that brought me comfort bc I never procrastinate to do the things for another day. If I had, I wouldnā€™t be able to live with myself thinking about the things I didnā€™t do bc I ā€˜ā€˜procrastinateā€™ā€™ and decided to leave it for the next day that never came for the one I loved and lost.

This may sound too dramatic and drastic but I just want you to know to be careful and donā€™t get use to the spirit of procrastination for it can become a bad habit.

3 Likes

Usually to stop procrastinating, I leave my phone upstairs. To prevent me from doing anything else from the computer, I put on music (5 hr studying music) and play it so I donā€™t change the channels and watch anything on youtube. I keep the Viki tab shut :smiley:

3 Likes

When it comes to people, I donā€™t. Like you said tomorrow is never guaranteed and well, when you say youā€™re going to come or do something to someone then that person relies on you and expect you to respect your words so in such case, I just do things right away otherwise, Iā€™ll forget after.
But when it comes to my things, my personal stuff, lord knows Iā€™m super lazy ! All my childhood my mother told me the same as your grandma : ā€œdonā€™t leave for tomorrow what you can do todayā€. But when it concerns me, I donā€™t know, I just minimize the thing and put it on the side for later then one day Iā€™ll just do everything at once and ended up exhausted from the load of work. Even when I tell myself ā€œletā€™s do things on timeā€, it just lasts 2 days, then Iā€™m back at leaving things for tomorrow ! ><
Itā€™s indeed a bad habit because the only one that is penalized is me !

2 Likes

Iā€™ll tell you tomorrow.

3 Likes

I donā€™t want any. I like procrastinating. I start and finish a lot of things while procrastinating. It shortens my to-do list.

1 Like