1,000,000 Segment Club, Congratulations, BJW!

Please join me in congratulating my Shifu, the Venerable and utterly stunning Segmenter of Renown, Bjohnsonwong, aka BJW, on her crossing the 1,000,000 Segment Frontier!

pouring bowls of everyone’s favorite beverage and quickly handing out all celebratory items…

Such lofty heights are not graced by many.

Swift and sure, her scissors are,
Her name is known both near and far
For quality timing, for such she is known…
Where from segment ONE, has all this time flown!

Okay not exactly Qu Yuan but hey…:slight_smile:

The pleasure of working with folks like BJW cannot be exchanged for money or diamonds…they are more rare than the earthy treasures.

GAN BEI drains bowl, politely puts it on the table, and now back to editing… with a smile.

Shifu’s Pest

12 Likes

Wow, wonderful… I know there is a badge for 1,000,000 subtitles, I hope there is one for the segments as well. Congratulations, bjohnsonwong!

3 Likes

Congratulations! What a performace, really worth of Bjonsonwong. It’s not everyone’s piece of cake. Jia you! See you on 2 milions frontier.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

1 Like

Kobolt, I bet you’re getting near the 1 Million mark with subs. Thanks for leaving a comment.

1 Like

Wow!! What a nice surprise to see this post. Thank you so much for your very kind words. Can’t believe I actually have that many. Kitty beat me to it first. She got past her million segments a few months ago. There are a few others for subtitling. Anyway, Thank you for the nice poem and warm felicitations.

2 Likes

I know not many have made it, and I just happened to see your count at the critical point. :slight_smile: I mean, I was pretty happy to hit 100,000 last year - and really am amazed by the amount of patient, careful time it has taken you all these years to achieve this milestone, and Kitty100 too :slight_smile: there simply aren’t good words for it, you have been kind for my lacking ones. :slight_smile:

Those with the most lofty achievements around here tend to be the most down-to-earth, :).

Shifu’s Pest

1 Like

And the amazing thing here is that we are talking of quantity with excellent quality too!
Because we see many people here at viki who sub like crazy, reaching crazy numbers but never going back to look at their work, not caring, because “hey we are volunteers not professionals, we’re doing this for fun”

So yes, hail to Shifu BJW, for segmenting and for teaching. There should be a badge for that too!

3 Likes

Congratulation to bjohnsonwong!!! 1 million segs!!!

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more :wink:
Congratulations!

Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

Thanks for support:slight_smile: