2021's QC gift!

or the image, I can’t find anything related to that image in Hwayugi

3 Likes

Screenshot_20210817-150858_Messages
I’ll be watching it, and inspecting episode by episode.

2 Likes

Wish I could give the tiny mask and lil tote to somebody here who obviously is wanting both.

20 or 30 USD gift card would have been much more thoughtful and useful IMHO. Could have bought something useful… OR DONATED THE MONEY TO A CAUSE like one I can think of in another country RIGHT NOW. :frowning:

Given the hazards of the last couple years that are still ongoing where I live…the mask most of all comes across as a seriously bad joke to me :(. it does not protect me if i wear it - it is too small and useless thin, and it’s just an ad for a company that does not listen to us mostly…so…I guess donate both to good will maybe someone will like them.

I still have to wear a real mask to go out, hope you are all in places where it is much safer. Be safe and well.

GeNie of the Lamp

6 Likes

Hwayugi a.k.a Korean Odyssey

1 Like

wow. They did not have to give us anything. At least they thought of us. I was raised to say Thank you.

3 Likes

there is a suggestion in your words I am not “thankful”. perhaps you would have also thanked them for the stickers we got not long ago…more perhaps to the liking of an 8 year old than the thousands of adults here?..we lost translators who were clearly not to your thinking of “thankful” for that.

I am suggesting instead there are many things they might have done, this giant “communication company”, to speak to us by valuing us more and hearing us more…daily. perhaps during the worst of the crisis that we all went through in the past couple of years, giving support by way of actual jobs and pay to yes, the majority here are women and yes, have other mouths to support as well as their own. For that, I would indeed be yes, “thankful”.

not to be a “walking ad” for their logo, sorry.

We asked for what, simple things like a folder or two we can put emails into on projects. Over…and over again. This is merely 1 thing - of many.

That would have said a great deal more to me than a mask that literally won’t fit me emblazoned with their own wished-for advertisement.

Save your censure…enjoy the gifts…and may you be safe and well, regardless of your opinion of me. When one’s post the SAME NIGHT includes self testing kits and yes, more masks to safeguard your own life in the face of a world gone utterly mad…life is short. As I said before, a gift card would have brought more use…and I could easily have sent it to those who have nothing now, halfway around the world from here.

G.

5 Likes

They sure could have saved all those shipping cost, if they had gifted gift cards.

2 Likes

Yes, but like @deadliftdiva_548 said, of course they’d rather give out their own merch so volunteers can be free walking advertisements for their company.

5 Likes

I was very taken aback when I received only ‘three’ gifts when the email mentioned ‘four.’ I didn’t realize the packaging was also included in the QC gifts. It’s my first time getting a package from overseas, is it something normal? Including the packaging in order?

6 Likes

I don’t know why Viki has never thought of a coffee mug with Viki Print and whatever drawings… I also don’t think I’ll wear the mask… I had some cotton masks and they have fuzz after washing so… anyway… no email so far…

5 Likes

For a coffee addict like me that would be heaven :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

From what I understood, they had such things in the past but it was all before my time. I would like it, but on the other hand I’d be scared it would break during shipping.

5 Likes

A coffee mug ? It’s been a while. Long time ago Viki was giving us an amount of money and we were able to buy anything on differents plateforms. One of those platforms was a rakuten shop special for viki. And there were many goodies with Viki and dramas items. Back then, I’ve bought one and I’ve still my coffee mug from Viki. It’s a mug with comics showing a little girl in love with dramas and her typical day : sleep, eat, Viki ! Love it. But now it’s different.Uploading: 1646752097455801780861936168591.jpg…

6 Likes

I am still waiting for my gift to arrive… With luck it will arrive only in April because I live at the end of the world. But I already love it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Me too I’m waiting, living in France.

2 Likes

Not that I live at the end of the world… :sweat_smile: I live in Brazil, but I live in a Brazilian state that orders take a long time to arrive. While other capitals like Sao Paulo or Rio is very fast, here in the Amazon is slow. :weary:

5 Likes

Alright, I’ve received my gift today ! In France :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I doubt it’s Hwayugi. There is the word Wind and pictures of a throne and clouds. Maybe Kingdom of the Winds?

3 Likes

I wished the designer of this canvas/tote bag would let us know which drama is in the design without us having to be guessing so much. But Hwayugi deal a lot with wind, and he destroyed (according to what I understood) in a fit of anger; the heavens (cloud?). I believe they only picked Korean dramas in the design for the tote bag. Which in my opinion was unfair to the fans of Chinese/Japanese dramas. They could have done a survey, and have an idea what fell into first category for a Chinese drama, and a Japanese drama.

The design could have been first line design Korean/middle Chinese/ last one Japanese. I watch all sorts of dramas/movies and we do have some good Chinese/Japanese ones, tragic or not.

3 Likes

Did everyone already receive their gifts? I’m from the US, but never got anything yet.