2024 Drama/ movie Watch challenge

#11 drama where character faints after seeing blood
#12 drama where a cool/strong character is afraid of an animal
#13 drama without a second love interest
#14 drama named after a character
#15 drama where characters actually eat their food instead of leaving it behind
#16 drama where a characters’ car breaks down
#17 drama where characters do charity work
#18 drama in which they accurately portray a psychological disorder (or multiple). Can be main lead or side characters
#19 character can’t drink alcohol or has a low tolerance or is allergic to alcohol
#20 drama with a female director

Bonus ones:

• character plays a traditional instrument
  • character suffers from destinesia (where they go somewhere but forget why they had to go there)
  • drama where a characters’ POV is actually shot from their POV
  • character fall from a cliff and survives
    actually, there are multiple of these “how did they survive that?” cliché… maybe a wheel with those?
  • character gets hit by the truck of doom’s extended family: cards / motorcycle / scooter / etc.
2 Likes

Sharing which of the dramas I watched recently fit these challenges

Update: I organized them in a Google Doc… that was easier :sweat_smile:

So, the dramas only count 1x, but I’m just making a list of which dramas fit the challenges and at the end of the year I’ll pick one drama for each :blush:. Some people prefer to already choose one drama for one challenge

3 Likes

Movie: Nana - challenges 14 or 25
Drama: In A Class of Her Own - challenge 3

1 Like

What challenges would you like to see more of?
Choose as many as you like:

• (Common) Location challenge - Wheel
  • (Common) Scenes challenge - Wheel
  • PPL challenge - Wheel
  • Data challenge (f.e. length drama, airdate, etc.)
  • Character challenges
  • Other (please specify in a comment / message)
0 voters
1 Like

Will there be a PPL challenge or wheel soon? I see common scenes got added.

1 Like

Added based on the comments in

Also updated some of the challenges. Have fun :blush:

2 Likes

OOo That is way too complicated for this mere segmenter to remember all those rules for a year. :woozy_face: I’ll get busy and forget about it so I will pass! Have fun with it! :+1:

2 Likes

:joy: I can see how this is too complicated for some. Luckily it’s not an obligation.
Some might try a few challenges while others might go for more :relieved:.

2 Likes

Are you going to participate in the challenge?
(Answers are anonymous)

P.s. even if you complete one of the challenges, you’ve participated and you have till the end of the year to join/finish :blush:

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Not Sure
0 voters
1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this ever since you posted it and I just found time to sit down and read the post properly and it sounds like a lot of fun. I need to google some terms (What is PPL and how am I not familiar with it? :joy:), but I’ll join too. I’ve also realized I can already tick some off. Hahaha! Do we share them at intervals or at the end of the year or do we post on the thread with blurs as we go? How are the rest of you going to do it? :smile:

2 Likes

PPL stands for product placement and you see it often in Korean / Chinese dramas where characters use a product or go to a place that usually has nothing to do with the plot, but they put in to fulfill their contract with advertisers. Some are infamous :joy:. You’ll find some examples here:

Whatever works for you :blush:
I shared mine here in a document that I keep up to date as I watch dramas :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ahhh, product placement. Got it. When they do it like that, it’s so funny for me. I’m still waiting for Kopiko to appear in a period drama. Hahahaha! :joy:

Great! Thanks! I’ll sift through what I’ve seen this year and start to organize and then share some. It’s going to be a lot of fun doing this as a group, for sure. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s a nifty way to keep track of it! Is it okay if I copy your sheet setup to also keep track of my progress with this challenge? :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sure, no problem :blush:

2 Likes

gotta a question for you!
would you count prequel/sequel seasons as different dramas if they’re named differently to s1?
e.g.‘I told sunset about you’ and ‘I promised you the moon’

2 Likes

Different seasons each count as a different entry, even if they don’t have different names.
F.e. Yumi’s Cells S1 would count as one entry
Yumi’s Cells S2 as well.
So you can count yours as 2 separate entries :grinning:

What doesn’t count is if one season is split into 2 parts (that just counts as 1 season).

3 Likes

Quick question… I’ve just been organizing my list of which challenges I’ve completed, but I’m not familiar with “destinesia”. Google says when “you forget why you went to a location” and I was like “Oh, like when you cancel your Sim’s interaction and they just stand there?”. :joy: Is this what you meant too or did I misunderstand? :smile:

Btw, the spin wheels were super fun to do. I got “coughs blood” for the health one and I know there’s a drama with Ryan Ding coming soon that I’ve been considering watching, which I just know will check that one off. Hahahaha! :joy:

1 Like

Similar :joy: . Have you ever gone into a room or a different place and asked yourself: “why did I come here?” You forgot what you had to do and later it pops up in your head (if you are lucky).

I don’t have specific drama examples for it yet, but I have seen characters experience this previously :laughing:.

1 Like

Ah, yes, got it! I’ve also definitely experienced it myself. I love that there’s a word for that. Hahaha! :joy: Thanks for explaining. :heart:

1 Like

@drewkart09_377 None of the movies that you named adhere to one of the rules of this challenge.

Also, not sure if the link you provided is against the Viki rules :sweat_smile:.