429 Too Many Requests

Browser: Edge
I delete 2 or 3 messages, after which the Viki inbox starts glitching. This appears and nothing happens

After I refresh, I get

I get this too and it redirects you to a website to down-load it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

5 Likes

Today, when I first tried to access https://discussions.viki.com, I got: :astonished:

" Slow down, too many requests from this IP address.
Please retry again in 2 seconds.
Error code: ip_10_secs_limit. "

7 Likes

Hi, everyone! I just got word that Engineering has investigated and resolved the 429 issue. The root cause was that restrictions were reduced to combat a spam issue we are dealing with. They should now be set at a level where you should be able to perform regular, everyday actions. That said, the 429 may reappear if these actions are performed too quickly (e.g. furiously scrolling through and rapidly opening and closing inbox messages).

If the 429 error does happen to reappear, please let us know so the team can revisit the limits. Thank you all again for your patience and your help in reporting this! :heart_hands: :pray:

23 Likes

This is much appreciated. I hope it will make things easier for everyone. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Thank you @brendas Brendas! And please tell Engineering THANK YOU!

5 Likes

Aw - thank you @porkypine !! I copy and pasted your message exactly so I could share it with Engineering!! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

To bad that I have this issue again on my phone at the dashboard and project finder again

2 Likes

For the moment, the error doesn’t occurred to me. Let’s see.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also hope it doesn’t come up again more often

2 Likes