Abusers on "top volunteers this week"

Oh please. You guys are missing the most OBVIOUS part of an “automatic” system here.

It probably won’t WORK. Yeah…and how much trouble are we having with anything that runs as a program here? Anybody? Bueller? (bad joke).

Don’t ask them to program it. Ask them to put their EYEBALLS on that top contributor list at least. Possibly also send the complaints to a HUMAN who then looks at them and deals.

I mean…has anybody heard the name of the person who allegedly vets these complaints?

Every time the top list gets changed, once a week, someone should look at the profiles - it might take what, 10 min? to see if there’s anything obvious. Like someone who made gold qc overnight…literally?

Some names are generally around and they are not (obviously) abusers but hard-working volunteers. It again wouldn’t take more than a couple of weeks for even an INTERN to sort this out.

And perhaps it might make volunteering here feel a bit less like foolishness. Until the next Great Deletion at least. :frowning:

pax vobiscum omnes

3 Likes

QC tiered automatic system finally works. It took foreeeever, but it works.

1 Like

Possibly true - but this is the case of using an elephant gun to kill a gnat. A really annoying gnat…but seriously, somebody over there has 10 minutes they aren’t using otherwise and could simply LOOK at profiles for all of 10 minutes once a week.

Perhaps that fancy QC program could kick out folks who made gold qc or qc recently and those lists should be vetted by a HUMAN once in awhile too.

Sip coffee, click a couple of profiles…yeah pay me and I’d do it. Job experience intern…oh yeah.

Let’s not ask for more “automation” where it’s not needed. Of course, the company that gets the free help from us as volunteers should possibly be already doing this…and considering a few niceties for said volunteers…?

I kept hearing there was this fabulous QC gift…anybody hear about that? my inbox is empty of such information…

pax vobiscum omnes

YAY - VIKI staff immediately removed the two abusers we found this week!! So what I wrote below is now moot!!!

two new abusers – one found by deadliftdiva – https://www.viki.com/users/ascension/about
and one found by me https://www.viki.com/users/angelsim/about
Please monitor to see how slowly (quickly) viki staff act to remove these abusers. I have used the flag function on their pages and also emailed viki staff

5 Likes

I visited their pages to flag them too, and the pages gave an error message. Maybe they are already taken down? If so, I can only say WOW!

1 Like

If the users are indeed under investigation and their profiles are frozen, great job, Viki! :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

So shocked and upset my real good subs never receive recognition but a deceitful action like that gets a viki’s volunteer of the week mention. About to cry right now!

Yes, irmar you are so right, That was done to me a long time ago, I was ‘‘reported’’ by a hater who felt I was too much competition for him and fabricated a lie about me: that I was being a racist against him. viki site staff inform me about the complaint and with evidence I proved the guy was falsely accusing me. Although I was able to prove to several viki staff the person was being malicious and a liar and they apologized to me, I wanted to take a break from the drama and left for a while and I’m glad I did.

I believe in --what goes around comes around–’’ I know who ever does something in a malicious manner one day will get what’s coming to them. But I also know that people will believe a lie and unless you protect yourself and have evidence to backup your side of the story injustice will and can be committed against you.

Case and point, solving this problem doesn’t take a genius so what is viki owners waiting for? Nothing bc as long as the volunteers keep doing their free job for them they have nothing to worry about bc they will continue getting their premium paid and pockets full of money while we continue to be poor *(joke) lol

1 Like

One last comment to this thread - at least from me.

An incredibly-apt Chinese proverb comes to mind. It starts out like this:

“So long as the green mountains are preserved,…”

CD, HD.