Adrian's Beauty Tips

Mine is a combination. I’ve tried every product under the Sun, but they turned out to be expensive and worthless. I’m going old school nowadays. I’ve also tried ground coffee beans to clean my skin. It’s just as awesome. Of course, it’s also important to use a moisturizing cream. I prefer plant-based ones.

3 Likes

That’s horrible. Where I live, cornmeal is life itself. During the Spring lockdown, people bought cornmeal by the truckload.
I haven’t tried oatmeal yet, but a friend of mine suggested grounded coffee beans.

2 Likes

Is it new ground coffee beans or used and/or dried ones?

1 Like

If you have dry or problematic skin ground coffee might not be the answer as it also removes oil. I personally just know ground coffee as body scrub (also for celulitis).

I have a shampoo that contains concentrated coffee and it helps my graying hair dyeing sort of dark blond Plantur 39 (color brown) I should def try the ground coffee on my face :blush:

4 Likes

When I was very young I was living in my island of puerto rico, and for unknown reason (never went to a Dr.) I used to get conjuntivitis (PINK EYE). It was not allergies for I wasn’t sneezing or anything like that, I just woke up with my eys shut full of disgusting stuff. My paternal grandmother would make black coffee let it cool and give it to me to wash my eyes with it. She always told me to let it go ‘‘in’’ to my eyes. To this day, that’s what I used for pink eye and during the pandemic for who knows what reason I would get a lot of eye infection (pink eye) when I went out so I always had my coffee ready to wash my eyes when I came from outside. I think black coffee is better than chemicals made eyes drops so I (and my famly too) use that instead.

2 Likes

They have the organic cornmeal which is the one I bought. I tried oatmeal with terrible results bc my face got so itchy and it last for days. Never again.

The mud mask (from different parts of the world) makes my skin very irritated and red so I can’t use it either.

Ground almonds would be out of my budget they’re so expensive now (don’t understand why).

I do use the African black soap but lately I can’t find it in my area and on line is very expensive compared to what I use to pay before.

2 Likes

I cant pass this by… with cornmeal I make sorullitos ( adding a bit of saltsalt) with bacalao, and sorullos dulce filled with cheese Yummy yummy. I’m getting hungry lol

2 Likes

Just washing my face with water and nothing more leaves my skin dry and itchy. I always apply a moisturizing cream afterwards. As I mentioned in my initial post, I use a Marigold-based cream due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

PS: Now I’m hungry :drooling_face: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just used ground beans from a store-bought coffee bag, nothing special about it. Just as with the cornmeal, it did the job well. Of course, you shouldn’t do this every single day. Exfoliating daily isn’t recommended, after all.

PS: Should you try it out, apply a moisturizing cream too if your skin is usually dry.

1 Like

I have the same type of skin you have, but it depends on the period, the season, my state and the food I eat.

My skin doesn’t like exfoliating, so I avoid doing it. Each time I do it, the next morning my skin is dry and peels off although I put tons of moisturizer, hydrating cream, serum because my skin doesn’t like it.

My skin doesn’t like makeup or cleanser, it dries it.
Same for shower gel product, shampoo product.

I’ve installed a free app to scan products.
When I scan the product, they give a mark and show us ingredients that are good and not good, big shot of proteins, too much fat or not.
Green > 50/100 and orange to red if <50/100.
Skincare products from brands I have scanned (brands you thought for the price it would be great for the skin) have a bad rating (around 20-30/100) because some ingredients can cause cancer or hormonal changes. The dose is not enough, but imagine everyday absorption added to other skincare products. It’s a Molotov cocktail.
When the rating is bad, the app suggests other products that have a better mark.
I installed the app for my mother’s phone and she scanned every skincare product she had, from handwash gel to toothpaste :rofl:

If I don’t use skincare products for some days but I drink enough water and eat vegetables every day, not too greasy food, my skin is still fine.

When I’m stressed or I don’t sleep enough, my face produces more sebum and so pimples for the part of my face that is usually oily, but it can be dry on my cheeks.

I try to eat lots of vegetables, nuts when I want to snack, dark chocolate and drink a lot of water when I’m in this state.

1 Like

Treatment for Varicose Veins

• 1) Bay Leaves
  • 2) Olive Oil
    • Let sit for two weeks in a glass jar, in a cool
    place
    • Strain off oil from leaves
    • Apply oil solution to the affected area
2 Likes

That’s good advice. And I’m also happy this post has resurfaced. Please feel free to add other beauty and health tips as well.

1 Like
♂️Hair♀️

@angelight313_168,
This might interest :wink:

I read in this link that this actor in real life, has used this product. See the links. I looked up the product’s link, which I’ve included.

1 Like

“To start your journey, we analyze your hair follicle under a microscope (it’s easy, you mail us a hair sample).”

Wow! That’s some next-generation hair care right there! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Matthew McConaughey, the testimonial :crossed_fingers:t5: I shared the above post with family, and friends.

1 Like

Since bites from a mosquito affect our beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I thought to put this here!
:wink::ok_hand:t5:
These colors of clothing attract mosquitoes
From The Weather Channel Android App: https://weather.com/news/trending/video/you-might-be-attracting-mosquitos-by-the-color-of-your-clothes?pl=pl-the-latest

Vanilla is a natural mosquito repellant
Vanilla Lotion, and body wash
Vanillia scented mist
Vanilla scented oil
Screenshot_20220510-121948_The%20Weather%20Channel
The second photo really belongs elsewhere, but, the screenshot was so small, so I kept it together! Plus a smile adds beauty, which is what happens after watching. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Like a scary silent film
:ghost::ghost::ghost::joy::joy::joy:
Watch this wind blown plastic sneak upon this guy, looking at his phone, sitting on his moped, while waiting to cross the street.

From The Weather Channel Android App: https://weather.com/news/weather/video/driver-wrapped-up-in-wind-blown-trash-caught-on-camera?pl=pl-the-latest

2 Likes

Mosquitoes tend to avoid me, just like everyone else. :sweat_smile:

But thank you for the advice! :heart:

3 Likes

Well start bottling, others of us need to apply you for protection! :rofl: 빨리!

3 Likes

@henry2blessing_888,

1 Like

It takes a man to make a woman happy :laughing: Collagen Cream Making

I’m giving here to the product my 2 cents. Use before bed, orange oil is photosensitive that wouldn’t go well with sun. Seconds, some people’s skin doesn’t do well with too much coconut oil, an alternative would be a lightweight oil like avocado oil and better jojoba oil (expensive) and to make it a salve consistence adding bee wax. I know about orange oil and carrot seed oil but not about just extract from a carrot in cosmetics.
At the end the tonic I think he must have put chilly or cayenne pepper not paprika. Chillies are good because of the capsaicin, boosting fat-burning, providing pain relief, decreasing blood pressure levels and improving digestive health, but if you are allergic to it leave it out. If using chilli use very little!

1 Like